What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Games thread- MEN'S bball hosts USC (Thurs., 2/23/23, 7:00 MT; ESPN2) and #3/4 UCLA (Sunday, 2:00 PM MT, CBS)

That's how we needed it to be.

I had a feeling that we'd play a little pissed off today and dig in after the embarrassing showing vs USC.
I'll just say, that's about the only way the guys can win this. Winning ugly is still winning.

Love Tad, best coach in the history of the program and considering what he has to work with one of the best coaches in the country.

That kept in mind a consistent issue in his entire time as head coach at CU is his teams going into extended scoring droughts that turn games against the Buffs.

Don't know if he needs to find an assistant who can help him add something to his offense or do an off-season consultation with one of his coaching friends or just change something that they do in practice but if he could figure out a way to end those offensive dry spells and get back on track it would advance the program a level higher which I think means a team that is consistently in the tourney with decent seeding and advancing past the early rounds.
Except for the prior few seasons when our offense was our better side.

LOB! If I’m UCLA I face guard KJ and don’t let him catch the ball. Lets hope they don’t.

Except for the prior few seasons when our offense was our better side.
Even when we have had some statistically solid offensive seasons if you look at the losses we had some stretches when we struggled to score even though our game numbers where solid.

I've hoped that with our improved recruiting we would start to see individual players who could break the droughts on their talent but so far we haven't.

Tony Padilla REALLLLLY didn’t want to call a foul. Second time he pushed KJ he had to call it.

Sigh. Kind of amazing we kept it close once Tristan went down, the defense was nails. KJ only offense against a very good defensive team is tough.

F**k that TAD BOYLE, you are not trying to win
Must get a shot and you have 1 scorer on the floor
Gutsy as hell performance by a team with 4-5 injuries, but everyone knew KJ was the only scorer, so let's go ISO with no other quality scorer on the floor. Quincy Allen is a scorer and has the courage to shoot.

Free Throws, ugh.

Good effort today. Buffs had their chances.

This season needs to end before we lose anyone else to injury.

Even when we have had some statistically solid offensive seasons if you look at the losses we had some stretches when we struggled to score even though our game numbers where solid.

I've hoped that with our improved recruiting we would start to see individual players who could break the droughts on their talent but so far we haven't.
Mtn, that’s every college team man. Seriously, go to any board and you’ll see fans bitching about dry spells. They just don’t have the depth necessary to survive forty minutes in college. I do think that our stretches feel worse because we have a tendency to take the air out of the ball and slow the game down during those stretches (which drives me insane) but I promise you that this is a problem everyone has.

Free Throws, ugh.

Good effort today. Buffs had their chances.

This season needs to end before we lose anyone else to injury.
Need to get da Silva back and healthy along with a couple other guys.

This has been a very disappointing season but I don't think this is a team that the rest of the league wants to be seeing in the conference tourney.

Mtn, that’s every college team man. Seriously, go to any board and you’ll see fans bitching about dry spells. They just don’t have the depth necessary to survive forty minutes in college. I do think that our stretches feel worse because we have a tendency to take the air out of the ball and slow the game down during those stretches (which drives me insane) but I promise you that this is a problem everyone has.
To an extent I agree but it seems like ours are longer and uglier.

I also think that some teams are able to break out of those by having a player with the talents take over a game for at least the time needed to break the drought and take the lid off the bucket.

Hope was that based on what he did in HS Quincy Adams might be one of those guys. It would be huge for us if he could get past what is holding him back and be that difference maker kind of player.

Maybe Cody Williams will be that kind of player for us.

Last edited:
Need to get da Silva back and healthy along with a couple other guys.

This has been a very disappointing season but I don't think this is a team that the rest of the league wants to be seeing in the conference tourney.
We’re not gonna be healthy enough to make noise. This is our DWhite Redux year. Focus on the good (Lovering, LOB, TDS), ignore the bad and purge the dead weight.

Cody moves everyone down a spot. Hopefully that gets KJ back on track and he can be a #2. TDS as the third option and suddenly things look a LOT better.

We need another PG.

Back