What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Games thread- Men's Bball scheduled to host #15/16 USC (Thurs., 1/20/21, 5:30 PM MT, Pac 12 Network) & #9 UCLA (Sat., 7:00 PM, Pac 12 Network)

You aren't going to win many games getting killed on the glass like that. That and missing layups, turning it over late, the ****ing offense going dormant late, missing free throws we couldn't afford to miss, not getting hardly any 50/50 balls, I could go on. Defensively, we were good and bad. If you watched, you know what I'm getting at. I think we let one get away to be honest. Now onto Jabari, keep in mind I don't mean to make it seem like I'm being too critical of him. Imho, he isn't ready for the NBA, quite a ways off really. If he decides he isn't ready to play till the second half, he ain't gonna be playing. He's going to be watching, getting mop up duty, or playing in the ****ing G League. They won't put up with the it's takes me a half to get going bull****, believe that. It's ok to be a stronger second half player as long as you aren't a damn ghost in the first half. Maybe part of that is on Tad as well. Call his number early and often, get him going. Want to say that's forcing him a bit, boo ****ing hoo, so be it. Also, I know I've talked to @Buffnik about this in the past, push the damn tempo. Our O is better getting up and down. If nothing is there, then get into your half court O. Of course, I'm biased about that. Our half court game drives me nuts, I haven't seen many teams that can't get a shot unless it's under 10 on the clock or less, get a shot off at all, or turn it over outright. It flat gets stagnant with it. Ok rant over. :D

Lovering is not ready for this level of league play, but it is nice for him to get time in OOC and a few minutes here and there, but he is getting worked in every possible way.

My question is Technical Development on Shooting and Baskets around the rim... Who specifically is in charge of coaching these guys on their shots and on how to get a clean shot at the rim, such as pump fakes, change of angles, body usage, using the rim to not get blocked? Lots of just taking the ball up and getting stuffed with no savvy around the rim, and then it seems we do not ever get significant improvement on shooting percentages out of many Buffs during Tad's time, would like to see technical improvement in those two areas the rest of the year, and especially into next year.

Did I miss an explanation on why Parquet missed the game? He would be really useful against a guard dominant UCLA squad

Lovering is not ready for this level of league play, but it is nice for him to get time in OOC and a few minutes here and there, but he is getting worked in every possible way.

My question is Technical Development on Shooting and Baskets around the rim... Who specifically is in charge of coaching these guys on their shots and on how to get a clean shot at the rim, such as pump fakes, change of angles, body usage, using the rim to not get blocked? Lots of just taking the ball up and getting stuffed with no savvy around the rim, and then it seems we do not ever get significant improvement on shooting percentages out of many Buffs during Tad's time, would like to see technical improvement in those two areas the rest of the year, and especially into next year.
Well, the competition level he played in HS, it's not really all that surprising. He's definitely a work in progress. Good news is, I think he has the ability. He's gotta get stronger for sure, improve the footwork, shot, and just generally molding his body to play at this level. He isn't a stiff, I don't think he got coached very much. Hell, they probably didn't think they needed to. I'd bet most guys guarding him at that level were six or seven inches shorter on average.

Well, the competition level he played in HS, it's not really all that surprising. He's definitely a work in progress. Good news is, I think he has the ability. He's gotta get stronger for sure, improve the footwork, shot, and just generally molding his body to play at this level. He isn't a stiff, I don't think he got coached very much. Hell, they probably didn't think they needed to. I'd bet most guys guarding him at that level were six or seven inches shorter on average.
I like him a lot, and he will be good, but he is a 2-3 year project to become a contributor. We could have really used a big body backup forward or center this year.

You aren't going to win many games getting killed on the glass like that. That and missing layups, turning it over late, the ****ing offense going dormant late, missing free throws we couldn't afford to miss, not getting hardly any 50/50 balls, I could go on. Defensively, we were good and bad. If you watched, you know what I'm getting at. I think we let one get away to be honest. Now onto Jabari, keep in mind I don't mean to make it seem like I'm being too critical of him. Imho, he isn't ready for the NBA, quite a ways off really. If he decides he isn't ready to play till the second half, he ain't gonna be playing. He's going to be watching, getting mop up duty, or playing in the ****ing G League. They won't put up with the it's takes me a half to get going bull****, believe that. It's ok to be a stronger second half player as long as you aren't a damn ghost in the first half. Maybe part of that is on Tad as well. Call his number early and often, get him going. Want to say that's forcing him a bit, boo ****ing hoo, so be it. Also, I know I've talked to @Buffnik about this in the past, push the damn tempo. Our O is better getting up and down. If nothing is there, then get into your half court O. Of course, I'm biased about that. Our half court game drives me nuts, I haven't seen many teams that can't get a shot unless it's under 10 on the clock or less, get a shot off at all, or turn it over outright. It flat gets stagnant with it. Ok rant over. :D
Jabari is no where near NBA ready. Hell, he doesn’t even understand the concept of passing out of a damn triple team in the paint yet. That said, you bet your a$$ I’ll take him back for his Junior year!

I made comments about Lovering early on in the season. People said be patient. Wonder what his +/- is. I'm guessing it's brutal. It's not personal. But I don't see it with him.

I made comments about Lovering early on in the season. People said be patient. Wonder what his +/- is. I'm guessing it's brutal. It's not personal. But I don't see it with him.
Being patient doesn’t mean a few games with limited minutes. Look for the jump next year. If he’s not improved by then, you’ll probably be right. I think we’ll see a different player and he’ll get better each year after.

I really hope Tad has Kee on a short leash tomorrow night. Box score says he had one TO last night, however he was directly responsible for 4-5 more at least.

I'm not 100% sure on this, but I think it's a knee problem.
BuffZone:
"The Buffaloes played without their senior, Pac-12 All-Defensive Team selection during a 61-58 loss against the 16th-ranked USC Trojans, as Parquet spent the game on the bench with a walking boot covering his right ankle. Since the start of the 2020-21 season, it was the only time Parquet has been absent from the starting lineup except for a lone game he missed early last season while dealing with coronavirus protocols.

Sophomore Nique Clifford replaced Parquet in the starting lineup, but when asked afterward how long Parquet might be sidelined, Boyle offered a response that hovered somewhere between frustrated and cryptic.

“We’ll see. I don’t know,” Boyle said. “I don’t have any feel for that. I don’t know if he’ll be out a day or a week or two weeks or a month. I have no idea.” about recovery time.

Another article said "lower leg", but whatever it must be unusual, going by Tad's uncertainty about recovery time

No just masks, but you should get vaccinated if you’re not already.
This is a little strange. CU extended winter break by 2 weeks, due to Covid and the Marshall fire they said. At the same time, they have a relatively loose policy about attending BB games. Many games on TV are to empty or family only crowds. Doesn't bother me, but seems inconsistent.

My memory is that Tad usually discusses the nature of injuries, has some return forecast. With EP, he's very closed-mouth, seems almost annoyed.

"Several Pac-12 programs require proof of vaccination, or proof a recent negative COVID test, to attend basketball games in tandem with local health orders, including UCLA, USC, Cal, Stanford, Oregon, Washington and Washington State. Stanford on Tuesday took the step of once again banning fans from basketball games outside of player family members." (Jan 7th article)

This is a little strange. CU extended winter break by 2 weeks, due to Covid and the Marshall fire they said. At the same time, they have a relatively loose policy about attending BB games. Many games on TV are to empty or family only crowds. Doesn't bother me, but seems inconsistent.

My memory is that Tad usually discusses the nature of injuries, has some return forecast. With EP, he's very closed-mouth, seems almost annoyed.

"Several Pac-12 programs require proof of vaccination, or proof a recent negative COVID test, to attend basketball games in tandem with local health orders, including UCLA, USC, Cal, Stanford, Oregon, Washington and Washington State. Stanford on Tuesday took the step of once again banning fans from basketball games outside of player family members." (Jan 7th article)
I can't figure out why CU isn't requiring proof of vaccination. I believe the students are required to be vaccinated to attend classes.

MJ said on the pregame that Parquet is dealing with a bone spur in his foot and will not play tonight
So I don't have to look it up, anyone know off hand if there's treatment for bone spurs other than rest?

KOA said Barthelmy against ranked teams was 7 of 35 shooting, 0 of 12 from 3. He's got to get it together.
And Jabari needs to pay attention to what he is doing, what's happening around him. Huge disappointment against USC.

We are overdue for a good shooting night.

Let's go Buffs!

Bill Walton didn't even make it through the intro segment without mentioning Pasta Jay's. :LOL:

Back