What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Games thread - Men's Bball scheduled to visit #6 Arizona (Thurs., 1/13/21, 9:00 PM MT, FS1) and ASU (Sat., 8:00 PM MT, ESPN2)

No free throw attempts in the second half. And that’s not because of officiating.

Tad said we got selfish in the 2nd we were taking bad shots and giving up layups. He finally told them, “If you take a bad shot or give up a layup you’re coming out.” He said that’s why the subbing was like a yo-yo in the 2nd half.

This team went in to this game knowing they were going to lose, and it showed.

Almost every missed shot was short. They killed us on switches.

Lawson is beyond a liability at this point, he should never see the court.

Kee starting ahead of KJ at this point is pure Tad stubbornness.

Announcers were brutal.

Not a bad effort, AZ is pretty darn good.

Tad needs to demand touches in the post for Battey, Walker, and DaSilva. We are not a good 3 point shooting team. Even though AZ had the big guys down low, we could still shoot over them. I'd prefer a ton of baby hooks down low instead of bricks from the outside.

The turnovers prevent any flow to the offense. But we're young, and we need to figure it out.

Time for KJ to start. I like him off the bench, but he is the best guard on the team. Might as well let him get all the experience he can this year.

Barthelemy has to do better. Lost on Offense, lost on Defense.

Jabari has to play smarter and let the game come to him.

I was hoping Eli could provide some scoring punch in games like this, being a Senior and all, but nope. Decent Defense though.

LOB and Clifford have a nose for the ball. The future is bright for those two guys.

I get that they built success with Lute and Miller Cheated his way to still getting really good players, but is there infrastructure and other things at Arizona that make it remain a destination for top players?
no idea about UA's infrastructure. I do think the brand they've established as perennial Pac12 champ contenders and annual NCAA dancers is impactful in attracting recruits today.

I get a little wary of assuming that a successful program is that way because they pay players. It’d be really great if the effing NCAA had any teeth so that we could have confidence that if a program is cheating they’d get busted. But all we have is speculation. Although there was pretty strong evidence in the FBI investigation.

But even that investigation didn’t do much. A handful of guys got charged but, really, any consequence for cheating only amounted to a slap on the wrist to the schools. There is zero incentive to not cheat. Z…E…R…O!

I was unable to watch the game last night. There are significantly more posts bitching about Lawson Lovering, than anything about our supposed star player Jabari Walker and our starting point guard who combined for 6 points. Maybe, just maybe, Lawson Lovering wasn't the problem last night.

I was unable to watch the game last night. There are significantly more posts bitching about Lawson Lovering, than anything about our supposed star player Jabari Walker and our starting point guard who combined for 6 points. Maybe, just maybe, Lawson Lovering wasn't the problem last night.
Jabari has taken a few first halfs off this season. Maybe it's time to put Nique or O'Brien in that starting spot for a few games as a wake up call.

I get a little wary of assuming that a successful program is that way because they pay players. It’d be really great if the effing NCAA had any teeth so that we could have confidence that if a program is cheating they’d get busted. But all we have is speculation. Although there was pretty strong evidence in the FBI investigation.

But even that investigation didn’t do much. A handful of guys got charged but, really, any consequence for cheating only amounted to a slap on the wrist to the schools. There is zero incentive to not cheat. Z…E…R…O!
Man, cheating has been going on for God knows how long. Some are just better at it than others. It's nothing new.

Lats night it appeared as though Battey, Lovering and the rest of our forwards took one look in the paint filled with AZ's beefy 6'10" - 7' big men and said, "Nope, ain't going in there."

I thought that within the first 10 minutes of the game that Tad needed to insist to his guys to work the ball into the paint. I don't care if AZ's guys were 7" taller than you, drive to the paint or post in the paint. The only one who did that was freshman 6'2" KJ Simpson.

Battey and Lovering never even seemed to post up, and it seemed as though they basically were content working around the adversity instead of facing it like KJ.

I get that AZ's guys are huge. But fight for something in the paint. Establish some semblance of a presence there. If KJ can do it, there's no reason why Battey is settling for lots of outside shots, especially when Battey showed with that nice move just after halftime that he can get it done even against AZ's big men.

Cats were bigger stronger faster, like they usually are every year.

Kee needs to be tougher. His disappearing act has shown up too many times already this season.

The positive from last night was the Buffs can really play some defense when they want to. There were stretches where they took Zona completely out of their rhythm.

Am I twisted for waking up, seeing the score, and feeling some existential relief that I didn't miss our first victory at McKale? My reasoning was that I'd watched all the other ones, so maybe me missing this one would change the mojo.

Am I twisted for waking up, seeing the score, and feeling some existential relief that I didn't miss our first victory at McKale? My reasoning was that I'd watched all the other ones, so maybe me missing this one would change the mojo.

Nah, they did give us some hope in the 1st half at least.

Meh. I made it through 3/4ths of the game. CU's defense was pretty good for most of that time, but LL's was atrocious. And I don't mean he got beat on the block. He routinely "showed" on screens and left his man alone under the basket for a dunk.

That being said, it seems to be a coaching issue, so I'm not that down on LL.

Back