What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Games thread - Men's Bball scheduled to visit #6 Arizona (Thurs., 1/13/21, 9:00 PM MT, FS1) and ASU (Sat., 8:00 PM MT, ESPN2)

Meh. I made it through 3/4ths of the game. CU's defense was pretty good for most of that time, but LL's was atrocious. And I don't mean he got beat on the block. He routinely "showed" on screens and left his man alone under the basket for a dunk.

That being said, it seems to be a coaching issue, so I'm not that down on LL.

Not sure its a coaching issue more than he was just in over his head last night. Dude is about as green as it gets.

The Tommy Lloyd versions of U of A hoops are going to be very very good for a long time. And he's only 47.

Assistant under Few for 20 years right? Forget how long Grier was but I believe they coached together for a bit.

Not sure its a coaching issue more than he was just in over his head last night. Dude is about as green as it gets.

He's been doing it all season. AZ was the first team who made him pay for it. I did see Rohn jump up off the bench after an egregious example and throw his hands in the air, so maybe LL just hasn't figured it out.

We outscored them 18-7 in the last 6 minutes of the first half by playing aggressive on O and D, so the other 34 minutes we were outscored 69-37 and it looked like it. W/o KJ we would have been absolutely destroyed. None of the starters played well to say the least. We can't give up on LL but it'd be nice to see incremental advancement. Nique and LOB were pretty good and needed more minutes. Not much time to make adjustments b4 tomorrow's game. I see our W chances are 32%.🤔

Our bigs need to take it to the rim and try drawing fouls. Need to get their bigs in foul trouble.

Is there a chance in hell that we get either of Fall or Diop? I’m sick of seeing the likes of Arizona getting those types of recruits. These guys are in our own backyard. But I’m sure they have “advisors” who will steer them to one of the perennial powers.

I was unable to watch the game last night. There are significantly more posts bitching about Lawson Lovering, than anything about our supposed star player Jabari Walker and our starting point guard who combined for 6 points. Maybe, just maybe, Lawson Lovering wasn't the problem last night.
Yet another insightful, intelligent basketball post from this Torero dude. Me likey.

Personally, I'm getting tired of Walker's first half no show act and Kee's erratic, damaging play. Both get us into more trouble than anything any of the Freshman do.

He's been doing it all season. AZ was the first team who made him pay for it. I did see Rohn jump up off the bench after an egregious example and throw his hands in the air, so maybe LL just hasn't figured it out.

Rohn's other players are much better at that so I'm just assuming LL needs some time to learn.

There are some posts opining that LL should be glued to the bench. Sorry, but no way. He has to be put in against the Arizonas. Otherwise his improvement will be stunted. It’s painful now but will pay off eventually.

Rohn's other players are much better at that so I'm just assuming LL needs some time to learn.
time in the weight room too.

if I was 7' and weighed 140lbs, I would've had some fear going in the paint against those huge guys last night. that's a long way to fall and physics says it doesn't take much force needed to topple our big guy.

time in the weight room too.

if I was 7' and weighed 140lbs, I would've had some fear going in the paint against those huge guys last night. that's a long way to fall and physics says it doesn't take much force needed to topple our big guy.
I'm still not convinced we have anyone on the staff that knows how to coach up a true Center.

This team has a huge upside with what we saw from KJ and the younger guys.
Jabari needs to completely listen and buy into everything Evan Battey does and shush up and grind
LL will be good, but it is way way to early for him to be in the position he is in. He needs two more years minimum before he can handle another Arizona game properly.
We need 2 more quality bigs to round out this group

This team has a huge upside with what we saw from KJ and the younger guys.
Jabari needs to completely listen and buy into everything Evan Battey does and shush up and grind
LL will be good, but it is way way to early for him to be in the position he is in. He needs two more years minimum before he can handle another Arizona game properly.
We need 2 more quality bigs to round out this group
The key to next year will be signing a legit 6'8+ PF banger in the transfer portal. Hurlburt will be around 6-11 when he walks on campus, but his is an outside game.

The key to next year will be signing a legit 6'8+ PF banger in the transfer portal. Hurlburt will be around 6-11 when he walks on campus, but his is an outside game.
Agreed, we need BIGGER bodies, bigger the better, but still with athleticism. Wish some of the FB guys would come over and bang around for us

There's a chance that game turns into a good loss. Not talking about RPI/NET stuff, but the way they handled the matchups.

That UA squad has all the pieces to make the Final Four. Crazy height without giving up any quickness, multiple shooters, multiple creators, physically built (don't look like a young team), and a high-pressure attack style that's going to overwhelm most opponents instead of letting lesser teams hang around.

I think CU learned what it takes, that they can compete and even control the game when they play as they're capable, and it should have been individually motivating (some proved how good they are/can be, others saw what they need to work on).

It's the type of game that can be a springboard, which I don't think is an obvious take based on the box score. fwiw, the box score looks a lot worse since Tad used about the last 12 minutes or so as a teachable moment to drive certain points home about playing as a team on both ends.

There's a chance that game turns into a good loss. Not talking about RPI/NET stuff, but the way they handled the matchups.

That UA squad has all the pieces to make the Final Four. Crazy height without giving up any quickness, multiple shooters, multiple creators, physically built (don't look like a young team), and a high-pressure attack style that's going to overwhelm most opponents instead of letting lesser teams hang around.

I think CU learned what it takes, that they can compete and even control the game when they play as they're capable, and it should have been individually motivating (some proved how good they are/can be, others saw what they need to work on).

It's the type of game that can be a springboard, which I don't think is an obvious take based on the box score. fwiw, the box score looks a lot worse since Tad used about the last 12 minutes or so as a teachable moment to drive certain points home about playing as a team on both ends.
Their length caused a lot of problems. Shot selection wasn't great at times either, length factored into that. Plus, they play some physical defense.

4:49AM

checked cubuffs.com, Allbuffs, Insta and Twitter

No news of cancelling the game at this point

Several of our guys seemed almost intimidated at the start of the Az game. To the point of missing easy shots. Then we showed really well to close out the half and did little in the 2nd half. So, in my mind, Tad's coaching these last few days will tell today's story. They know they can play with the best; they need to believe in themselves. (was this grammar check always here?)

Back