What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Happy Football Season!!! (Official Camp Thread)

Heard from an insider (who was raving about our QB play) that Marksberry has surpassed most of our backup QBs of the last 5 years. He'd be on scholarship if this was 2014ish.

This could be a big deal.

I hope we aren't forced to play him an extended period because that would mean both Montez and Noyer are hurt.

It does mean though that if one of those guys misses a game or two due to injury and the other one misses some plays we don't have to burn Lytle's RS for just a few plays. It also means that we aren't forced to keep one of them in and risk them for garbage time.

Unless we are recruiting the blue chip guys who you can't keep of the field I want us to be in a situation where we are almost always red shirting the incoming QBs. Having a quality WO who can give depth may help us do that.

Not KD Nixon?
I'd like to see what Nixon can do in the return game.

Is KD ready to be the secure hands needed to return punts at this level?

His big play potential is exciting but the chances of a few big returns aren't worth the risk of giving the ball up if a guy isn't able to give ball security and make good decisions.

KO returns are a little different because they are easier to catch, you usually have a better chance to pick the ball up if you muff it.

Is KD ready to be the secure hands needed to return punts at this level?

His big play potential is exciting but the chances of a few big returns aren't worth the risk of giving the ball up if a guy isn't able to give ball security and make good decisions.

KO returns are a little different because they are easier to catch, you usually have a better chance to pick the ball up if you muff it.
I don't think any of us could answer that question. Potentially, maybe. PR is ****ing hard man, I always thought KR was easier.

Team has transformed in four years.

I remember looking at us coming out of the tunnel and thinking we looked like a high school team. Compared to our opponents we were shorter, skinnier, and just looked less athletic.

Watch this video and you see a lot of guys who look like football athletes, huge guys who aren't fat, tall fast guys who are muscular as well. Even our young guys look better physically than our older guys did a few years ago.

I don't think any of us could answer that question. Potentially, maybe. PR is ****ing hard man, I always thought KR was easier.
I'll say it again - all things being equal, I prefer not to have offensive players (especially super young) return punts.

P.s. - this is me agreeing

The lack of

I think he is a real threat on the 7-10 punt return opps per game. Given depth at CB, I also have a concern. CU needs him on the other 85 plays.

I favor using him in game critical PR situations, not in all. Hate to see him get dinged up 44-7.

Sounds like you are a fan of common sense.

Back