What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

I really love how much everyone hates us; it is truly the best feeling ever.

Haters Gonna Hate GIF

It’s funny, in late November, nobody thought that CU was in the running for the Prime as a HC sweepstakes. Then once the announcement was made…now it’s CU is crazy for hiring Prime and even crazier for “letting him bringing in lesser talent and chasing everyone off” essentially.

does this much hate mean the Buffs are back (baby)?

No, the more common reason -- someone I strongly dislike attended the school.
Hmmm, my n=1 experience on this is that the one guy I know who went there (walk on ILB) is a pretty decent guy.

OTOH, with a single exception (I call her the exception that proves the rule) I haven't met a decent human being that went to USC, and I've met many.

Hmmm, my n=1 experience on this is that the one guy I know who went there (walk on ILB) is a pretty decent guy.

OTOH, with a single exception (I call her the exception that proves the rule) I haven't met a decent human being that went to USC, and I've met many.
I lived in Southern California for about a decade, and I've never met a USC grad I liked. It's uncanny what that school attracts and/or cultivates.

The student body at CU doesn't hate this team. Student athletic tickets went on sale today at 10am, and they apparently sold out in something like 10 min. My son and one of his roommates both secured theirs. The other two roommates were shut out.

Apparently another allotment goes on sale in mid-August, so hopefully the other two chuckleheads can get theirs at that time.

IIRC it took them like 2-3 months to sell out last year. 🤣

We Comin'!

The student body at CU doesn't hate this team. Student athletic tickets went on sale today at 10am, and they apparently sold out in something like 10 min. My son and one of his roommates both secured theirs. The other two roommates were shut out.

Apparently another allotment goes on sale in mid-August, so hopefully the other two chuckleheads can get theirs at that time.

IIRC it took them like 2-3 months to sell out last year. 🤣

We Comin'!
so mid August is the first we could know whether CU has sold out the full home slate for the first time ever.

will be so cool

so mid August is the first we could know whether CU has sold out the full home slate for the first time ever.

will be so cool
They are going to sell out. They sold 75% of their student tickets today, and reserved 25% for incoming freshman (and others who missed out today) for mid-August. Sounds like lots of existing students (and incoming transfer students) missed out today, so I'd expect that last allotment to go super quick too.

They are going to sell out. They sold 75% of their student tickets today, and reserved 25% for incoming freshman (and others who missed out today) for mid-August. Sounds like lots of existing students (and incoming transfer students) missed out today, so I'd expect that last allotment to go super quick too.
Away game tix are open for sale this week for season ticket holders.

I’ll be at the ASU game, but as I recall
1) visitors have the ****tiest section in the upper deck
2) ASU never sells out

I believe I’m going to try to get west side tix on the open market later.

2) ASU never sells out

Last time I went there were two visitor sections. The ****ty ones in the upper deck, and then a section lower down, right in front of the visiting band.

I think what has happened is that the rest of Pac told them **** right off with putting their bands in the "bake in the afternoon/evening sun seats," and insisted that they put them in better, or at least shaded seats.

Then, their own fans were like "WTF, you put the visiting band right behind us!?!"

So now that section also goes to the visitors - the seats aren't too bad. They're certainly not great, but reasonable view of the game and, most importantly, you don't bake in the sun.

TLDR: some of the visitor seats aren't bad, just make sure you're in the lower of the two sections.

Also: about a 50/50 chance I'll be at that game with my brothers-in-law; if I do go, we'll probably do a low-key tailgate and I'll extend an invite to stop by.

2) ASU never sells out

That brings up the conundrum we have now as fans since Coach Prime has made it so our priority points matter again. Do we sit in the sh!tty visitor section seats so we earn priority points or do we get good seats and earn no points from it?

That brings up the conundrum we have now as fans since Coach Prime has made it so our priority points matter again. Do we sit in the sh!tty visitor section seats so we earn priority points or do we get good seats and earn no points from it?
Has Prime done something to make the priority points matter? Because last time I checked, the AD basically announced to the fanbase last December/January that priority points mean jack **** by very intentionally completely ignoring them when they decided to whom they would sell season tickets, so unless something has specifically changed since January, the AD can **** right off with pretending that "priority points" are anything but a bull**** metric that they will conveniently ignore anytime it suits them.

Has Prime done something to make the priority points matter? Because last time I checked, the AD basically announced to the fanbase last December/January that priority points mean jack **** by very intentionally completely ignoring them when they decided to whom they would sell season tickets, so unless something has specifically changed since January, the AD can **** right off with pretending that "priority points" are anything but a bull**** metric that they will conveniently ignore anytime it suits them.
I must have missed that. I had thought they were still the main & baseline factor but then other variables were considered to the equation. Primary factor but not the only factor. I thought that things like opening all my CU emails and doing things like buying a legacy brick and having women's sports passes elevated my standing above where I was with priority points, not that stuff like that was the main consideration. Am I wrong?

I must have missed that. I had thought they were still the main & baseline factor but then other variables were considered to the equation. Primary factor but not the only factor. I thought that things like opening all my CU emails and doing things like buying a legacy brick and having women's sports passes elevated my standing above where I was with priority points, not that stuff like that was the main consideration. Am I wrong?
The WaPo article I posted a few weeks back had a section about season ticket demand, and it was pretty clear that they absolutely ignored priority points in determining to whom to sell season tickets this year. They looked at a bunch of other things, but priority points weren't even mentioned.

I would note that anecdotally, the experience of many allbuffs' members bears this out as well. My own priority point ranking was somewhere in the 12,000s as of December; I requested season tickets. They didn't even bother to call me, and I'm not the only one this happened to. Meanwhile, people with priority point rankings >15,000 were allowed to buy tickets.

I mean, I get it in edge cases, but when we're talking about jumping thousands of places in line it's pretty clear that when it's something even moderately important, this AD places zero value on priority points. Sure, he'll use them to try and pump up giving, and to decide who will get a free hot dog or something, but otherwise he dgaf.

Which of course means if the AD dgaf about them, why should I?

Last edited:
Prime solved world peace and killed chuck norris the same day. Hes gonna tackle priority points tomorrow.

I don't believe that buying away game tickets has any bearing on priority points

I don't believe that buying away game tickets has any bearing on priority points
I've had people tell me they were told by their CU rep that purchasing tickets through a website other than CU's ticket office got them no priority credit. Maybe that only applies to home games? But it would stand to reason that fans who travel to support the team and help purchase the visitor allotment would get some credit for that.

I've had people tell me they were told by their CU rep that purchasing tickets through a website other than CU's ticket office got them no priority credit. Maybe that only applies to home games? But it would stand to reason that fans who travel to support the team and help purchase the visitor allotment would get some credit for that.

Since the tickets are actually being purchased from the home team's AD I didn't think you got credit. And typically the visiting team can just return their unsold allotment with no penalty.

Back