What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

I really love how much everyone hates us; it is truly the best feeling ever.

Venables said he allowed a 12 month grace period and goes on to have the worst season since '99. I understand they lost Williams but I'd guess their 4th string qb was probably better than our first string while having blue chip players littered throughout the roster.

He goes on to say that they've replaced 63 players. Can he really be this stupid?

Perhaps he's mad/jealous that he couldn't do what CP did. Or could it be that he's realizing that he's not a very good head coach?
When CU improves this season while his team regressed, he wants to have set the narrative that he has some sort of moral high ground. Sooner fans aren't like Husker fans. They'll give zero fvcks about a moral victory, so it's a miscalculation.

oh how i miss ou and nu on the conference slate. hating them was oh so right.

the kjuco state educated mensa coach can **** all the way off.

boo hoo.

Cry Baby Crying GIF by HEET GG

Venables said he allowed a 12 month grace period and goes on to have the worst season since '99. I understand they lost Williams but I'd guess their 4th string qb was probably better than our first string while having blue chip players littered throughout the roster.

He goes on to say that they've replaced 63 players. Can he really be this stupid?

Perhaps he's mad/jealous that he couldn't do what CP did. Or could it be that he's realizing that he's not a very good head coach?
Wow I think I have PTSD from last season because I watched every minute of every single game (Why? I don't know I think I like to hurt myself) and for about 30 seconds I had to try and remember who our QB was.

dear @hokiehead

please take this with grace and the well intentions behind it, but...

dude.

it is not a gray area. we have one more flat footed stumble ass enemy and his name is junior college brent.
1. Paywall, but before it was blocked looked like just a repost of the same quote above.
2. I have no issue with that comment being labelled 'criticism' (maybe there were more comments behind the paywall that crossed a line)
3. I still maintain that believing the "I'm not like Deion" comment as an 'attack' is snowflakey

1. Paywall, but before it was blocked looked like just a repost of the same quote above.
2. I have no issue with that comment being labelled 'criticism' (maybe there were more comments behind the paywall that crossed a line)
3. I still maintain that believing the "I'm not like Deion" comment as an 'attack' is snowflakey
You've acknowledged that you're not great at recognizing tone.

Why are you trusting your understanding of what was said more than ours?

You've acknowledged that you're not great at recognizing tone.

Why are you trusting your understanding of what was said more than ours?
I don't think it's a question of trust.

I think it's a matter of scaling one's reaction appropriately and I recognize there's going to be a large variation in any group of people in how they respond to a given stimulus.

My conditioning doesn't rise to level of "attack" from that. I get yours does.

I don't think it's a question of trust.

I think it's a matter of scaling one's reaction appropriately and I recognize there's going to be a large variation in any group of people in how they respond to a given stimulus.

My conditioning doesn't rise to level of "attack" from that. I get yours does.
In this case, there seems to be only one uniform reaction (attack) and one reaction outside the standard deviation.

Another coach mad at Prime. Let’s not talk about the fact that OU probably had a top 20 roster in the country when Venables came in and quickly went 6-7, while Prime inherited the worst FBS roster in the country.

😍😍😍😍😍

EDIT: False. Coach Sanders did not say this. Pretty much captures what most people are thinking, but it's made up.

Last edited:
I really wish this was true, but nobody can find an actual source or anyone else reporting it. These comments would surely be national headlines right now if real
Edited my post. It seemed out of character for CP to respond that directly and publicly concern himself this much about another program. But I think we can be confident he's aware and keeping receipts.

A couple of positive comments about CP from around the Southeast which is cool to see.

First this one, full context starts right around the 41:00 mark.

And then this one which is just a quick comment starting at about the 42:30 mark. Also if you listen to another minute or 2 after this it's pretty hilarious how they make fun of Jimbo

Last edited:
On Venables’ comment, was he responding to a question that mentioned Coach Prime? I could see someone asking something like, “Coach, Deion Sanders replaced almost all of Colorado’s roster, is that something you considered doing?”

Back