What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Jedd Fisch - Offensive Assistant LA Rams (NFL)

I see a lot of ambition and drive, not a "itching for something different."

Let's also look at what people seem to be "afraid of:" him leaving for "greener" pastures in a few years.

What type of success would he need to have here that would cause a tOSU, Auburn, etc to literally "back up the brinks truck" to buy him?

Now, if he has that type of success, CU would be in a position to pay him pretty damn well too, wouldn't we? Hell, the increase in season ticket sales alone from that type of success would probably be enough to cover most of the needed pay increase.

If he comes here and has that type of success, it'll be ambition that gets him to leave: he'll go back to the no fun league.

I’m guessing if CU wanted to hire Matt Campbell 3 years ago, you would’ve had to google him.

Google also tells us Campbell is 17-18 at IState. 12-14 in the Big12. Pass.

No names aren’t transformational.

Google also tells us Campbell is 17-18 at IState. 12-14 in the Big12. Pass.

You have to google these guys for a reason.
You shouldn’t have had to google Matt Campbell. Your google skills aren’t great if you don’t see that he has 3 wins over top 10 oppenents in the last 2 years with a barely average (probably below average) talented team. He is a very good coach, his record isn’t everything. He’s not in the Mountain West where you can slide by with below average talent and good coaching. He’s coaching against more talented teams every week, and winning games he shouldn’t.

Last edited:
You shouldn’t have had to google Matt Campbell. Your google skills aren’t great if you don’t see that he has 3 wins over top 15 oppenents in the last 2 years with a barely average talented team. He is a very good coach, his record isn’t everything. He’s not in the Mountain West where you can slide by with below average talent and good coaching. He’s coaching against more talented teams every week, and winning games he shouldn’t.

I’m sure he’s a fine coach for ISU. And if CU wants to win at the next level, all I’m saying is that you better find a coach with a national brand. Little Kansas did it. RG just may be the guy to do it too.

I’m sure he’s a fine coach for ISU. And if CU wants to win at the next level, all I’m saying is that you better find a coach with a national brand. Little Kansas did it. RG just may be the guy to do it too.
I think we're ok with a regional brand if it's a great coach and that region is Texas or California. Then we need to surround that coach with the right recruiters for our footprint.

I’m trying to tell you that he’s one of the hottest coaches today. Many analysts are saying that if Urban is done after this year, Campbell is a top candidate for that job. Unless you think CU is a better job than Ohio State, Campbell is a good a hire as any. I don’t think he would come here because he has better opportunities if he wants them

I’m trying to tell you that he’s one of the hottest coaches today. Many analysts are saying that if Urban is done after this year, Campbell is a top candidate for that job. Unless you think CU is a better job than Ohio State, Campbell is a good a hire as any. I don’t think he would come here because he has better opportunities if he wants them

Methinks the buckeyes would be a tad disappointed after Tressel and Meyer. Speaking of The Vest ...

Methinks the buckeyes would be a tad disappointed after Tressel and Meyer. Speaking of The Vest ...
I won’t argue against your opinion that’s fair. I just think that if he can what he’s done at ISU, I imagine what he could do with the talent at tOSU and it’s scary.

I don't really worry about that. If in 3 years, if some job opens up that pays twice the CU job and Fisch is in a position to be hired away then whatever. That's a risk with any coach you would want.
By a few years, I mean a year or two. There is no indication he wants to stay anywhere longer than that. It’s a risk you still take if RG thinks he is the best choice.

We need a hardcore recruiter. If the next coach stays a shirt time, I'd not be to disappointed if he brings in some great classes.

By a few years, I mean a year or two. There is no indication he wants to stay anywhere longer than that. It’s a risk you still take if RG thinks he is the best choice.
I don't think Oregon regrets hiring Willie Taggart. So someone pays you a buyout and your program has a great year or two while gaining a rep as a springboard job for getting an elite HC job or NFL HC job? Is that a bad thing?

Feldman

Jedd Fisch, who finished last season as UCLA’s interim head coach, was a finalist for the Kansas job this week. He’s also likely to get a lot of interest for the Charlotte head coaching vacancy. The 42-year-old Fisch, who did a nice job getting the Bruins offense cranked up in 2017 into a top-25 group, is now working under Sean McVay with the Los Angeles Rams as a senior offensive assistant, where that system has taken the NFL by storm. Being connected to that system is a nice plus. Lots of his old players also really back him. In addition, Fisch, a Mike Shanahan protégé, has some strong ties in the Colorado area and recruited Dylan McCaffrey for Michigan.

guys have done split duty type things in the past, too. maybe it can be worked out if he is the guy.

guys have done split duty type things in the past, too. maybe it can be worked out if he is the guy.

unless he says and thinks he has unfinished business in la and wants to stay until the end, i think mcvay (or any other nfl hc) will be just about the last guy to keep him if he can take over his own team in a big time conference. especially as hes only a second or third line assistant and not even an oc.

Color me skeptical that an offensive system designed for elite NFL athletes would translate to Colorado. I’m not totally opposed to Fisch, but being a Rams assistant for one year isn’t necessarily a huge benefit to us IMO.

Color me skeptical that an offensive system designed for elite NFL athletes would translate to Colorado. I’m not totally opposed to Fisch, but being a Rams assistant for one year isn’t necessarily a huge benefit to us IMO.

have you looked at his resume?

I see a lot of comments in here about buyouts for leaving. I live in Iowa and follow Iowa football a little. Would it be possible to have a clause in a contract like ISU has done for Matt Campbell if he leaves?
http://www.iowastatedaily.com/sport...cle_2cb6869c-75d1-11e8-a4f4-8f9fdf642158.html
You can get anything into a contract. But understand that it's a 2-way street. If you want to make it really hard for someone to hire your HC away based on the contract then you have to pay more and guarantee more to that HC within that contract.

Of the names floating around that I actually feel are realistic, this is my favorite. Just give me an offense that's fun to watch

This is older, but in 2013 his scheme looked like this:

Similar to what we've heard coming out of OTAs, this is a very up-tempo, fast-paced offense. Miami rarely huddles during the first half of games. The play ends, they make their substitutions, the players look to the sideline to get the play, and they're snapping the ball quickly. The tempo made it difficult for the TV broadcasts to show replays (concurrently making it hard for me to get a feel for the route combinations), but I noticed a few concepts repeated throughout the four games.
Before I get into the specific pass concepts, I thought it'd be a good idea to review how route combinations actually work. While there are many instances where receivers run isolation routes and beating the man covering them, almost all route combinations are used to specifically attack zone coverages by creating 2-on-1 or 3-on-2 situations and putting defenders in a bind. Route combinations are used to stretch defenders horizontally or vertically. As explained by Chris Brown of SmartFootball.com:
  1. Vertical stretches — These place two or three receivers at different levels vertically up the field to "stretch" the defense. Examples include the smash concept and the frontside flood concept (see here for a diagram and here for a video). Another name for these are high/low or hi/lo reads.
  2. Horizontal stretches — These place two, three, four, or five receivers horizontally across the field or a portion of it to "stretch" defenders from left to right or right to left (or inside to out or outside to in). Examples include all-curl.

bcc3.gif

bcc4.gif

bcc.gif

https://www.bigcatcountry.com/2013/5/23/4350420/jedd-fisch-offense-jaguars-breakdown

have you looked at his resume?
Yes and he’s bounced all over the place. Is he a pain in the ass to work with? Does he get antsy when he’s in one place too long? Does he just not know if he prefers college or the NFL? Is he just ambitious and always looking for the next gig? I have no idea but it’s a very unusual trajectory.

Back