What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Kroll not seeking reelection!

Given he had that ready to go, my guess is he is buddies with Kroll.

Wouldn't surprise me. Also, he doesn't seem to be too active on social media. He has a rarely used twitter account (nothing posted in a year or two). And an Instagram account he posts on occasionally. Link to IG below if anyone wants to ask him questions directly.

Nguyen IG

Seems appropriate after I heard this. If Nguyen has twitter, hopefully one of you guys who stays in CD1 asks him about his views on athletics.

Well dang…I guess the big, glaring, not an established resident of the district, let alone anywhere in Colorado, already counts me out. My political aspirations are snuffed out yet again. Maybe I should throw my hat in for the BoR here in Nebraska…and Jenga the nub football program up, so even the slightest move - negative or positive - topples the whole thing over.

One of my best friends is high up in the Democratic party in CO and is very plugged in on these things. I called him this morning as soon as I saw Nguyen had tossed his hat in the ring. He didn't even say hello he just said: "He's everything you hated about Jack Kroll, and worse he's a total kiss ass, sycophant type, that just wants attention". He knows my only feelings on the Regents one way or the other is based on athletics. Not a great start.

Allbuffs needs to use some of the H&B fund to get a pro-athletics candidate elected. Remember most of the voters have no idea (nor care) about what it means to be a CU regent. In that district, they will vote for whatever Dem is running.

One of my best friends is high up in the Democratic party in CO and is very plugged in on these things. I called him this morning as soon as I saw Nguyen had tossed his hat in the ring. He didn't even say hello he just said: "He's everything you hated about Jack Kroll, and worse he's a total kiss ass, sycophant type, that just wants attention". He knows my only feelings on the Regents one way or the other is based on athletics. Not a great start.
Did you tell him to throw his hat in the ring?

I'd like to think RG and even KD are "unofficially" working their contacts to get a candidate to run with the necessary backing

I'd like to think RG and even KD are "unofficially" working their contacts to get a candidate to run with the necessary backing
Yeah, no. They aren’t. That would be totally inappropriate. Say their preferred candidate loses and they then have to deal with the person they were trying to defeat. They have other jobs to do.

Yeah, no. They aren’t. That would be totally inappropriate. Say their preferred candidate loses and they then have to deal with the person they were trying to defeat. They have other jobs to do.
Hence the unofficial qualifier, whether it’s a phone call or text to a booster to give a nudge to back a pro athletics candidate. Obviously it’s just my uneducated thoughts on the matter, but when your biggest donor very publicly comments on the recent opening, I don’t think it’s as far fetched as you make it seem

Sounds like someone we could manipulate at least.

I don't want RG or LC anywhere near the BoR or any candidate. I want someone on the BoR to stand up for what is best for the University and not be beholden to any person either out of loyalty or financial ties. I want someone that can look at the AD and say "you are the problem" and move the University forward. I want them to be pro athletics and understand that football is about the image of the University and its top marketing tool and have the balls to do what is necessary to make sure we have success.

I don't want RG or LC anywhere near the BoR or any candidate. I want someone on the BoR to stand up for what is best for the University and not be beholden to any person either out of loyalty or financial ties. I want someone that can look at the AD and say "you are the problem" and move the University forward. I want them to be pro athletics and understand that football is about the image of the University and its top marketing tool and have the balls to do what is necessary to make sure we have success.
That's a nice fantasy and all, but there are more people in this state, particularly that district who don't give any ****s about CU football than those who do. You want positive change in the decision making group at the University level toward pro-athletics? It starts with the people who have the most to gain/lose in that area.

Of. Course

Having University employees campaigning for Regent candidates. What could possibly go wrong?

200.gif

This is ignorant.

No, he's not solely responsible.

But anyone who thinks the people who sit on the board of a company or institution is irrelevant to the decisions made and general direction of that company or institution simply doesn't understand how governance works.
Weird take from Tyler there.

Are you dense? In no way shape or form have I ever suggested anyone campaigning for a regent candidate
I’m not the one suggesting two University Employees “clandestinely” work behind the scenes to get a candidate for regent elected. That’s simply inappropriate and I hope to God they stay as clear as possible from doing anything even remotely close to what you’re suggesting.

I’m not the one suggesting two University Employees “clandestinely” work behind the scenes to get a candidate for regent elected. That’s simply inappropriate and I hope to God they stay as clear as possible from doing anything even remotely close to what you’re suggesting.
There is nothing wrong with making sure boosters and other influential people know there is a historically anti-football Regent spot opening up.

I find it comical that this board spends 95% of the time complaining about administrative hurdles, the BOR being anti football, the AD not being willing to play a little dirty, etc. and then the moment a position opens that can actually help enact real positive change for athletics, the mindset becomes, "oh, just kidding, nevermind"

There is nothing wrong with making sure boosters and other influential people know there is a historically anti-football Regent spot opening up.

I find it comical that this board spends 95% of the time complaining about administrative hurdles, the BOR being anti football, the AD not being willing to play a little dirty, etc. and then the moment a position opens that can actually help enact real positive change for athletics, the mindset becomes, "oh, just kidding, nevermind"
It’s not their job, dude. Simple as that. It has nothing to do with the rest of us trying to get pro-athletics regents elected. I’m 100% in favor of that. Keep the employees of the school out of it.

Back