What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Kyle DeVan - OL Coach

Why did Cardboard waste two years with blocking sled? That was his hire and he let that cancer fester far too long. Cardboard has no idea what he’s doing.
Wasn't necessary to make a lot of changes after last year because of the bowl appearance-we also looked......competent offensively for four games.

Okay so you want to fire Brett Maxie and not try and replace him with somebody who can recruit? 10 AC slots and Langsdorf is redundant now with Sanford here.
The point is that the prevailing thought right now is that Langsdorf keeps his job as QB coach and Sanford takes over Chevs with OC/WR.

This thought is from Rick Georges email update in which he said there would be two new assistant coaches, Sanford being one and then the OL coach being the second.

The point is that the prevailing thought right now is that Langsdorf keeps his job as QB coach and Sanford takes over Chevs with OC/WR.

This thought is from Rick Georges email update in which he said there would be two new assistant coaches, Sanford being one and then the OL coach being the second.
That makes zero sense. Sanford has coached for 15 years, and he's never had WRs as a sole positional responsibility. The one year where he handled that at Stanford he also had QBs. Might be the dumbest move yet of the Dorrell era.

Langsdorf has to go.

That makes zero sense. Sanford has coached for 15 years, and he's never had WRs as a sole positional responsibility. The one year where he handled that at Stanford he also had QBs. Might be the dumbest move yet of the Dorrell era.

Langsdorf has to go.
Who knows, maybe RG just misspoke or doesn’t know how to count

He looks like he has great upside. One thing I learned early in coaching. Every offensive scheme works. Every offensive scheme fails. The difference is execution up front. If he’s the guy to get our o-line to execute their assignments successfully then we win more than we lose. If not, then Bill Walsh, Mouse Davis and Don Coryell couldn’t save us.
This exactly.

Langsdorf has to go.

Hot take: if your OC is incapable of coaching WRs, especially after nearly two decades in the profession, he is a terrible coach.

Langsdorf has to go.

Langsdorf's contract expires in mid-February so he's probably gone.

Langsdorf's contract expires in mid-February so he's probably gone.
That's what should be the case, but with hiring his replacement now and just paying him out for his final 6 weeks.

My fear is that Langsdorf is the guy KD wanted and that somehow, in spite of his job performance, DL will get a new multi-year contract with a raise and push our OC into a different position coach role than he does while making it so we have 2 offensive staffers who hardly recruit.

It would improve my attitude towards CU football management immensely if KD surprises me by hiring a WR Coach with emphasis on recruiting.

Would Walters want to give it another go? It'd probably be tough to pluck him from the NFL, but I'd love to see us give it a shot.

Would Walters want to give it another go? It'd probably be tough to pluck him from the NFL, but I'd love to see us give it a shot.
Walters is DC at Illinois, I thought?

Did you mean someone else?

That's what should be the case, but with hiring his replacement now and just paying him out for his final 6 weeks.

My fear is that Langsdorf is the guy KD wanted and that somehow, in spite of his job performance, DL will get a new multi-year contract with a raise and push our OC into a different position coach role than he does while making it so we have 2 offensive staffers who hardly recruit.

It would improve my attitude towards CU football management immensely if KD surprises me by hiring a WR Coach with emphasis on recruiting.
Agreed. Someone on the 247 board said they interviewed a friend for just the WR coach role, but that was before Sanford was given the OC role and Langsdorf was part of his friends interview. I honestly not sure what KD is doing here and I don't think he does either.

Gotcha.

Frankly, I thought he was more of an OC or HC type.

As a WR coach and what that job entails, I rank him 4th among the coaches CU has had in recent years:

1. Chev
2. Kennedy
3. Kiesau
4. Walters
Here's the angle: "Troy, I know you got a cushy job coaching stud Bengals receivers, but we brought in a seemingly inept OC (Sanford), if you can come in and get our Wrs and recruiting in order, the OC job is yours in 2 years"

Might be a long shot, but I’d love to see Ted Gilmore back here in some capacity. He seems to keep going to places I hate (Nebraska, Raiders, USC, Michigan State). Time for him to come back here so I can like him again. 😎
Would there be room for a WR/Passing game coordinator position?

Until we get a roster that has a handful of P5 caliber OL, this unit will continue to be awful, regardless of who coaches them. Recruiting G5 level OL hasn’t worked...maybe DeVan can recruit to a P5 level and we can stop being one of the worst P5 programs in the country.

Until we get a roster that has a handful of P5 caliber OL, this unit will continue to be awful, regardless of who coaches them. Recruiting G5 level OL hasn’t worked...maybe DeVan can recruit to a P5 level and we can stop being one of the worst P5 programs in the country.
More talent is always better, but CU would have one of the worst OLs in G5.

A top 20% G5 offensive line would be a huge improvement. I’d say we have enough talent with good coaching to be middle of PAC, with a better LT, some depth, and good coaching. Definitely need to pick up a LT and an Interior starter and then some depth and DEVELOP them.

It really is kind of hard to tell just what the talent level of the OL is when they’ve been led by perhaps the most incompetent OL coach in the history of college football. They might not suck as bad as we all think.
Thank you BigBang3.

He is extremely detailed oriented. A teacher. I like that. But he needs the talent to work with.

Depth chart heading to spring ball

LT- Gray
LG- Lytle, Jynes, Amaya
C-Fenske, Johnson
RG- Roddick, Ray, Anderson
RT- Wiley, Filip, the tank

i deally there should be a minimum of 3 guys for each position grouping. About 15 scholarship OL, before the incoming freshmen in the fall. The program is short 3 OL.

He is extremely detailed oriented. A teacher. I like that. But he needs the talent to work with.

Depth chart heading to spring ball

LT- Gray
LG- Lytle, Jynes, Amaya
C-Fenske, Johnson
RG- Roddick, Ray, Anderson
RT- Wiley, Filip, the tank

i deally there should be a minimum of 3 guys for each position grouping. About 15 scholarship OL, before the incoming freshmen in the fall. The program is short 3 OL.
If our starting LT is a lowly recruited true freshman we are fooked

we have a guy on the OL named THE TANK and he's 3rd string?
will ferrell drinking GIF

Back