What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Les Miles - Former HC OSU/LSU/Kansas

Good god the hard-ons some of you have for Miles.............I don't have a problem with interviewing him, but he shouldn't be handed this job.
Many of us are excited that a coach the caliber of Les Miles could come to Boulder. He gives instant credibility, name recognition and most likely a boost in recruiting.
To me the biggest importance to Les being a possible coach would be who he can get as assistant coaches/coordinators. Les would be a coach who's been there and done that on the biggest of all stages of college football. This is something we haven't seen around here in a long time.

At least one media member arrived at the Lawrence Municipal Airport just in time to catch the jet taking off, leaving a question hanging, literally, in the air: Who was on the plane? Who cares? It never even made it to Baton Rouge, re-routing to Colorado.

View attachment 28168

fisch is with the rams-- they are in springs. that is why the plane headed there.

as to the why, maybe les has better options than kansas.

At least one media member arrived at the Lawrence Municipal Airport just in time to catch the jet taking off, leaving a question hanging, literally, in the air: Who was on the plane? Who cares? It never even made it to Baton Rouge, re-routing to Colorado.

View attachment 28168
I don't know if that thread yesterday on the 247 Sports KU board was free or not but it was epic. There was over 100,000.00 views and at last count 119 pages.

I don't know if that thread yesterday on the 247 Sports KU board was free or not but it was epic. There was over 100,000.00 views and at last count 119 pages.
hit 125 pages as of last count. They all spent well over an hour and a half listening to BTR ATC hoping to hear the planes call sign.

hit 125 pages as of last count. They all spent well over an hour and a half listening to BTR ATC hoping to hear the planes call sign.
I could easily see Allbuffs doing the same if all of a sudden somebody noticed a private jet flying from Baton Rouge to Jeffco Airport

fisch is with the rams-- they are in springs. that is why the plane headed there.

as to the why, maybe les has better options than kansas.

Aren't they going home? They came to AFA to get used to the altitude for Monday-and that game got moved to LA because of the field conditions....nevermind-they all went to the Nuggets game last night.

Aren't they going home? They came to AFA to get used to the altitude for Monday-and that game got moved to LA because of the field conditions....nevermind-they all went to the Nuggets game last night.
They aren't leaving until Saturday.

Did I miss something? Since when does KU fan care at all about football?
Only because football is their path to a Big Ten invite. That's why they are going crazy right now with facilities and trying to make the right hire. They need to hit on things ahead of the B1G's tv contracts expiring in 2023. That's the year everyone is saying we could see a major reshuffle.

Good god the hard-ons some of you have for Miles.............I don't have a problem with interviewing him, but he shouldn't be handed this job.

Do you really think multiple candidates are formally interviewed for most jobs?

Barely happens in the NFL where they have a rule that forces that on the hiring process. Generally if you see multiple formal interviews in college HC searches and it goes public that people have interviewed, it means that the process is not going well.

I think he did when Pelini was there.

No accident that we see the loyalty within a coaching tree. One son with Jimbo and another with Fedora right now. That speaks well to his relationships within the coaching fraternity.
Speaking of loyalty - remember when Les gave Sal's son a PWO at LSU?

Renews my hate for Hawkins who wouldn't even give the kid the time of day.

I would expect the search to include at least 2-3 other people. He concerns me as a candidate given the offensive ineptitude we saw from his LSU teams. I for one won't be happy if we make a move to dump HCMM after this week or right after the Cal game and we announce Les Miles as his replacement shortly thereafter.

I would expect the search to include at least 2-3 other people. He concerns me as a candidate given the offensive ineptitude we saw from his LSU teams. I for one won't be happy if we make a move to dump HCMM after this week or right after the Cal game and we announce Les Miles as his replacement shortly thereafter.

There may be a few candidates contacted, but a coaching search with multiple full-on interviews is a bad search.

I get being skeptical of Miles, but not sure how anyone can be mad with that choice.

There may be a few candidates contacted, but a coaching search with multiple full-on interviews is a bad search.

I get being skeptical of Miles, but not sure how anyone can be mad with that choice.

Disagree. The last time we went through this, we interviewed at least two people-Food Cart and HCMM, and that didn't turn into a Tennessee like debacle (I think the AD went silent between the time Food Cart took the Tennessee job and the time we announced HCMM here-correct me if I'm wrong) and got a coach who did for the program what we needed in a decent time frame (MM was announced 2nd week of December IIRC).

Good Lord, if they fire MM on the Monday following the Cal game and hire Miles within a week, that would be incredible. And very non-CU.

Think about this: RG has had weeks to talk to LM on the down low already. No need for flight trackers or internet sleuthing. If there is mutual interest, it would be logical to expect a quick hire. If it’s a guy who is currently employed, it will take longer. But if it’s Miles, it can be a very quick process.

Disagree. The last time we went through this, we interviewed at least two people-Food Cart and HCMM, and that didn't turn into a Tennessee like debacle (I think the AD went silent between the time Food Cart took the Tennessee job and the time we announced HCMM here-correct me if I'm wrong) and got a coach who did for the program what we needed in a decent time frame (MM was announced 2nd week of December IIRC).
That's a case where the 2nd choice worked out. That absolutely happens. But it was also a dysfunctional mess of a HC search. We went from the job requirement being someone who had been successful as a P5 head coach to going all in on Cincinnati's coach only to be embarrassed nationally to hiring the HC away from San Jose State. That's not a process we want to emulate, I'd think.

That's a case where the 2nd choice worked out. That absolutely happens. But it was also a dysfunctional mess of a HC search. We went from the job requirement being someone who had been successful as a P5 head coach to going all in on Cincinnati's coach only to be embarrassed nationally to hiring the HC away from San Jose State. That's not a process we want to emulate, I'd think.

That search was too public as well......we had the regents too involved from what I remember and we were also using some sort of weird campus wide committee (players and faculty or something-somebody correct me if I've got that wrong) for interviews. The food cart interview made the front page of the DP the day after as well. From everything I read, RG has enough latitude to where he can do this without all that nonsense (If Benson is leaving MM's fate entirely in his hands-sounded that way from what I heard from Adam on the podcast he did yesterday.....I would expect the same with the hiring of a new coach)-I expect radio silence until an announcement of the new guy.

Last edited:
No, but I think that was Mike Bohn for you too. I have trust in RG to conduct this search in a manner that keeps it off social media, and I think we've got the hires he has made (Mahoney and JR Payne-not great examples) as examples-I don't expect to hear much on the search until a move is actually made.
You keep ****ting on a possible Miles hire, so I'm curious, who would you like to see us bring on?

After contract details and budget for assistants was made public too.

Back