What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Lookalike & Game thread - #20/21 (AP/ Coaches polls)/ #19 (NET rankings) Men's bball at #15 (NET) Arizona (Tucson, Saturday, 1/18, 12:30 PM MT, Fox)

CU is a pretender again this year, like every year. His teams are consistently mediocre. But, the good news for you and others here is that Tad Boyle is the coach for life baby!
It’s comments like this that piss people off. You can be crictical but don’t be stupid. CU is ranked in the top 25 in every metric. They’re not mediocre nor are they a pretender.

Perfect example of this team’s mindset on offense: Walton did not dunk that and misses an easy lay up.

Road trip was still successful earning the split.
This is exactly the attitude the players had going into the game today and exactly why they got the butt whooping they deserved. We should remind ourselves that if you want to win the conference or go to the tournament that you must win ALL your games at home and split the road. Once you've lost at home a split on the road isn't acceptable. For every loss at home you must win two on the road.

right there with you, time to make me a sammich. Washington teams coming in next week, that should provide us some reprieve.

Yeah, WSU just beat Oregon and is much improved. And UW has tons of talent, beat Baylor and gave Gonzaga all they could handle.

But yeah, guaranteed wins ... lol

CU is a pretender again this year, like every year. His teams are consistently mediocre. But, the good news for you and others here is that Tad Boyle is the coach for life baby!
You are a **** fan. But that's ok.

This is exactly the attitude the players had going into the game today and exactly why they got the butt whooping they deserved. We should remind ourselves that if you want to win the conference or go to the tournament that you must win ALL your games at home and split the road. Once you've lost at home a split on the road isn't acceptable. For every loss at home you must win two on the road.
You go 8-1 at home and 5-4 on the road you’re probably going to win the conference. They can still accomplish both those things. That’s the goal. 7-2 and 4-5 is a more likely outcome, but that does not make the season a failure.
Some jackasses that only post when we lose think that 18-0 is the only acceptable outcome. (Not directed at you by the way)

UofA played well overall especially on D. Hat tip to them. Go ahead and judge them on the FBI investigation, that school takes their hoops seriously. Refreshing really.

Buffs got the road split. Forget about today and move on.

TadBall is generally poor offensively, always has been. Today was a good reminder. Like the Nuggets the Buffs need a refresher course on how to box out.

Got the split, today sucked. I'd rather see this now than down the road. Learn from it, and move on. My bad Scotch. :D

The lack of fire and determination against Zona on the road is a perennial disappointment.

CU might have been wise to travel with Dayton’s fans with them on these important road games because McKinley plays better angry.

This was like watching a replay of the Kansas game. First off we had a lack of energy and played way to slow. Batttey in foul trouble spells doom. Killed on the boards. AZ hit lots of momentum killing 3's, our lack of confidence on offense bled over to the defense. Kountz, Gatling, Maddox had terrible games. Transition defense was especially bad letting these busters pull up for 3s. Back to the drawing board. It still amazes me that we keep allowing teams to go on like 26 to 5 runs (KU, OSU, UA)... we are supposed to be an experienced team right? Straight got our arse handed to us!!!

You post almost as ignorantly here as you do on the politics board. Almost.

You go 8-1 at home and 5-4 on the road you’re probably going to win the conference. They can still accomplish both those things. That’s the goal. 7-2 and 4-5 is a more likely outcome, but that does not make the season a failure.
Some jackasses that only post when we lose think that 18-0 is the only acceptable outcome. (Not directed at you by the way)
Even if it was it's all good, I am a jackass but I post in wins and losses. Bottom line about today for me is that CU didn't play their game today and we can't say they put effort in...the rebounds show the effort CU put in. FYI Lucas lead the Buffs with 7 boards today.

Dominated in the paint, didn't defend their shooters to challenge 3pt shots and we had Siewert and Gatling 0/8 from deep.

Flush it and move on. Got a road split on a trip where the program hand't seen a road win against either team since 2012 or something. In the grand scheme of things, it was right where we needed to be this season. Protect our home court next week and I love where we'll be in the conference standings.

Mismatch today. Az has more pure talent, when they are playing well almost unbeatable. And we..well, pretty pathetic. But note 4 Auburn, 5 Butler, 12 WV, 21 OSU all got it handed to them today so it's not just CU. And Pregon down 12 at half. I see Kin and Bey coming back. Battey forcing it inside the last 2 games. Off guard will be a problem all year.

Yeah, WSU just beat Oregon and is much improved. And UW has tons of talent, beat Baylor and gave Gonzaga all they could handle.

But yeah, guaranteed wins ... lol
OK Eeyore, whatever you say. Washington's offense has been damn right inept after losing Quade Green. They are a completely different team now yhen when they played Baylor and the Zags. Waszu is probably the worst team in the conference, sill fighting it out with Cal for that distinction though, time will tell.

Even if it was it's all good, I am a jackass but I post in wins and losses. Bottom line about today for me is that CU didn't play their game today and we can't say they put effort in...the rebounds show the effort CU put in. FYI Lucas lead the Buffs with 7 boards today.
It wasn’t. I don’t reply to those people because they’re on ignore. But I do have a lot of “you ignore this person” showing up in this thread, but I don’t need to see their posts to know what they’re saying.

Back