What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Looking ahead 22-23

Status
Not open for further replies.

JC, with three years eligibility. 6'6" guard

BuffStampede has deets

ok GIF

Yeah, this. Getting selected Juco All-American off a yearly Top 10 program is decent street creds. Plus the kid dominated in the top tier of Minnesota prep hoops - which is much better than CO prep hoops TBH.
That is even putting it extremely mildly. Minnesota is a top 5 state nationally for basketball prospects. They've blown up. After California, Florida, and Texas, Minnesota might be my 4th.

J'Vonne was second team all state as a junior. On that list Matthew Hurt who put up 18 a game for Duke and is in the G League, Jalen Suggs who was 5th overall pick after almost leading Zags to the title. Zeke Nnaji who was a surprise one and done first round pick plays for the nugs. Tyrell Terry another surprise one and done who put up 15 a game a Stanford and was 31st overall pick. David Roddy who is an expected second rounder for the rammies this year.

Tyler Wahl averages double figures as a starter for Wisconsin team that won 25 games. Ben Carlson that played two years at Wisconsin and had injuries and just transferred to Utah, Jamison Battle put up 18 a game for Minnesota this year. Dawson Garcia was a McDonald's All American who put up 13 as a freshman at Marquette and double figures for North Carolina.

On the third team was Dain Dainja who played for Baylor the last couple years.

1652736572412.png
1652737114073.png

After the success we've had with Kin. How much every midwesterner loves Colorado (heck half of Denver are Midwest Relo's), we should be recruiting the heck out of Minnesota.

Watching the clips I love how cerebral and under control he plays, with sneaky athleticism. Don't want to overplay this comparison but slight D White vibes. Not saying he will turn into D White but he looks to play a similar style.

I like it a lot. He was listed as combo guard coming out of HS, looks to have grab & go skills like Klintman we just lost, PointWing line Nique? Maybe with Dinwiddie ceiling?

Also 6+ rebounds a game in Juco. If Wright & he continue to average 5+ boards at PAC level, that helps recent mediocre rebounding.

Looks like he can fill it up on O too, including 50 point game in HS. If he shows he can play Tad-level elite D, could be a major steal.

Also, says to me Tad is still committed to:
- 3 guard line-ups, maybe Q, Luke & he show they can defend small-ball 4’s- like Luke did.
- being patient for elite Big Wing/Forwards CU recruiting in ‘23.
- last ‘22 spot likely going to senior transfer-to keep 2 spots open for ‘23s? Or maybe losing an average of 1 player a year to transfer is new norm for CU? Which is better than 3+ most schools seem to be losing.
- After waiting to see if Bari comes back or Baye Fall re-classify’s to ‘23 (in-which case, CU’s chances of signing him may go up!).

I like it a lot. He was listed as combo guard coming out of HS, looks to have grab & go skills like Klintman we just lost, PointWing line Nique? Maybe with Dinwiddie ceiling?

Also 6+ rebounds a game in Juco. If Wright & he continue to average 5+ boards at PAC level, that helps recent mediocre rebounding.

Looks like he can fill it up on O too, including 50 point game in HS. If he shows he can play Tad-level elite D, could be a major steal.

- 3 guard line-ups, maybe Q, Luke & he show they can defend small-ball 4’s- like Luke did.
- last ‘22 spot likely going to senior transfer-to keep 2 spots open for ‘23s? Or maybe losing an average of 1 player a year to transfer is new norm for CU? Which is better than 3+ most schools seem to be losing.
- After waiting to see if Bari comes back or Baye Fall re-classify’s to ‘23 (in-which case, CU’s chances of signing him may go up!).
Meant if Fall reclassifies to ‘22! I’m hearing Fall may not know until August- maybe after summer school? So maybe Tad carry’s over last Scholly again- if he doesn’t find Transfer Big he likes? But that seems a lot to ask Q, Luke, & Hadley to defend all back-up 4s?

I love your enthusiasm, but you're nuts if you think Nique has any point guard skills.

What exactly do you NOT GET about positionless basketball??? I find your Joe Lapchick-Hank Iba thought patterns most disturbing!
Yep. Basketball has become everyone running either a 5-out motion offense or a 4-out plus post motion O.

Lots of fans haven't caught up. They seem to want a "true" PG, a traditional center, a Swiss Army knife scorer on the wing, a pure shooter at the 2, and a weak side rebounder with post & stretch skills at PF. The game has evolved since the '86 Celtics.

Yep. Basketball has become everyone running either a 5-out motion offense or a 4-out plus post motion O.

Lots of fans haven't caught up. They seem to want a "true" PG, a traditional center, a Swiss Army knife scorer on the wing, a pure shooter at the 2, and a weak side rebounder with post & stretch skills at PF. The game has evolved since the '86 Celtics.
Yeah, that’s dead. Everyone knows you should go for 3 PGs, a wing and whatever your next best player is (hopefully a PG).

After the win in Eugene Altman said "their length gave us problems".
The game has evolved into who's the most athletic & length.
I'd argue that it's become more finesse, long ball and spacing....the days of packing the lane are history

I love your enthusiasm, but you're nuts if you think Nique has any point guard skills.
I think I called Nique a Point Wing, like Luke and Hadley, they all 3 played some Point Guard and Small Forward in HS.

When you start as Combo Guard & grow into a Wings body, that may be your best lane to pro’s. But like their 3 & D lane too.

I retract my statement above: It is fair to ask Hadley, Luke & Q to guard back- up 4s. I just think unless a couple of them come in at 220-225 range, the expectation has to be you are going to give up some size, points & rebounds on D- so you better make up for that by using you quickness on O.

It sounds like Jabari did enough at combine to likely solidify a 2nd round spot. If Tad can’t get Abogidi, Tchikou, or maybe Yaya Keita as transfer (or Fall re-classifys to ‘22), I would ride with current position-less roster. Keita only 1 of 4 not likely to go pro after 1 year at CU anyways.

Those 4 are only guys I see worth giving-up a possible spot to Diop, Ndgongo, High, Betts or Normand for. Even Isaiah Manning, Osiris Gradey, & Gavin Mars still ‘23 options.

Most likely guys to average over 10: Tristan, Nique, KJ & Quincy. But Luke, Javon, Hurlburt & Hadley may surprise? If don’t get another big, Tristan & Hurlburt get a lot of shots. Lawson, Hadley, Q & Luke heavy minutes too. Hadley maybe fav to win the most back-up 4 minutes with his size? PS Hurlburt can handle 5s at close to 6’11 240.

Lots of moving parts with potential lineups.

Putting that aside, I think this is the year Tad has to commit to running more zone. Especially when Lovering is on the court, we got killed on switches. I'd like to see more 2-3 zone when we're playing with a center.

When we go "small ball" I think we can switch 1-5 out of man and take more chances to create turnovers and get out on the break.

And I think we can extend & press more out of either look. I like our length and speed.

Lots of moving parts with potential lineups.

Putting that aside, I think this is the year Tad has to commit to running more zone. Especially when Lovering is on the court, we got killed on switches. I'd like to see more 2-3 zone when we're playing with a center.

When we go "small ball" I think we can switch 1-5 out of man and take more chances to create turnovers and get out on the break.

And I think we can extend & press more out of either look. I like our length and speed.

I'd expect Lovering to be better at man-to-man defense this season.

Can't find anything confirming his commitment, so I'd take this as unconfirmed right now.?.

From a couple months ago when he entered the portal:

Can't find anything confirming his commitment, so I'd take this as unconfirmed right now.?.

From a couple months ago when he entered the portal:

Lockdown perimeter defender (point of emphasis this offseason) and team captain for a Dance team.

I'd have zero complaints if this is real.

Gabiddon is making a ton of sense now that new sh!t has come to light.

He's a co-founder of Launchpad, which is based in Denver. He's been out here when not on campus. Even took 2020-21 off from Yale to live in co-founder's Denver home to launch biz.

Playing 2 years in a good Power 6 program while earning a Master's, expanding the network for your product, and being in proximity to your business sounds like a perfect plan.

I'd be very happy with this. Eli Parquet replacement with a little more offense. An experienced Big would put a stamp on a great incoming situation for the Buffs. Tad is not playing around, he wants to win now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back