What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

NBA (and other pro league) Buffs

Joining Welcome Home GIF

ESPN mock draft has Cody going #9 to Memphis. Mention him as a possibility at #4 if the Hawks trade back (Hawks brought him in for a workout).

Williams will end up working out for nearly every team in the top 10 (with the exception of Houston), with Memphis being his latest stop this past weekend. Teams outside that range haven't been able to get him in, indicating his camp feels comfortable with where he'll end up and the feedback they've received to this point.

Ranked No. 12 in ESPN's Top 100, Williams has the physical tools every NBA team is looking for at 6-foot-8 in shoes with a 7-1 wingspan. His outstanding early-season play from November through January had some NBA teams wondering if he could make a run at the No. 1 pick prior to him being derailed by injuries.

He's a late bloomer who has shown playmaking, defensive versatility and perimeter shooting that can hopefully be harnessed into more consistent skills down the road, and could be a sleeper pick for a team selecting earlier even, with teams in the Nos. 5-8 range also studying his candidacy closely. He has even worked out in Atlanta, who holds the No. 1 pick. -- Givony

As thrilled as I am for these guys, I can’t help but wonder how on Earth this team couldn’t get out of the second round of the NCAA tournament. Two lottery picks and the best we can do is a play in game and a last second buzzer beater against a pedestrian Florida team?

As thrilled as I am for these guys, I can’t help but wonder how on Earth this team couldn’t get out of the second round of the NCAA tournament. Two lottery picks and the best we can do is a play in game and a last second buzzer beater against a pedestrian Florida team?
No ****. 3 lottery picks.

No ****. 3 lottery picks.
So that makes Kentucky who has 2 projected lottery picks and 2 projected second round picks who had 3 less wins and didn't make it out of the round of 64 and a hall of fame coach what?

Or Kansas who spent a million on NIL for Hunter Dickinson, has two NBA draft picks one in the lottery, a hall of fame coach that had 3 less wins then us and made it as far as us before getting blown out in round 2 what?

Or Baylor who has 2 projected lottery picks and a hall of fame coach that had 2 less wins then us and made it as far as us in March what?

Absolutely terrible takes....I can keep going with this all day.

The fact that Tad developed 2 out of 3 players who nobody expected to see the NBA into NBA players is incredible. Last season was amazing. Any take saying otherwise is idiotic.

So that makes Kentucky who has 2 projected lottery picks and 2 projected second round picks who had 3 less wins and didn't make it out of the round of 64 and a hall of fame coach what?

Or Kansas who spent a million on NIL for Hunter Dickinson, has two NBA draft picks one in the lottery, a hall of fame coach that had 3 less wins then us and made it as far as us before getting blown out in round 2 what?

Or Baylor who has 2 projected lottery picks and a hall of fame coach that had 2 less wins then us and made it as far as us in March what?

The fact that Tad developed 2 out of 3 players who nobody expected to see the NBA into NBA players is incredible. Last season was amazing. Any take saying otherwise is idiotic.
And the guy from last year's team that will be drafted highest missed a bunch of games and was limited in the ones he did play. He's getting drafted entirely on potential because last year he mostly filled a uniform.

All of those teams should be equally disappointed in their results. Two lottery picks on one college basketball team *should* be good for at least a sweet 16 appearance, if not better.

Kentucky. Awful.

And each of those teams is likely disappointed in how things played out. They all feel they should have done better.
But it analytically *shouldn't* be enough to be good for a sweet 16, which is what you said. So, be disappointed or be happy, or be nothing at all, but March is madness for a reason.

All of those teams should be equally disappointed in their results. Two lottery picks on one college basketball team *should* be good for at least a sweet 16 appearance, if not better.
Remember that none of our three guys are being drafted because of defensive ability.

Defense kind of matters, and we weren't good at it.

Because guard play rules all in college hoops, and we didn't have plus guards, or plus guard play

Back