What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

NBA (and other pro league) Buffs

Tad is there. Local dumbass said he wasn't. Numerous people including RG and Reub pointed out he's there.
Glad to hear. I am guessing he felt this was the players night to be in the spotlight vs a few of the high profile coaches who made sure their faces got on TV.

Snoop Dogg Yes GIF by Cameo

New ownership, new coach, new executives. About a decade since the last playoff appearance. So potentially a positive direction for a franchise that hasn't done anything that gave fans hope since they drafted Larry Johnson out of UNLV.

They did have some hope when they went up 3-2 on the Heat around 8-10 years ago but couldn't close it out. That's easily the closest this iteration of the Bobcats/Hornets has come to winning a playoff series.

And yes there is a hint of optimism with this new ownership.

He's still a Buff. Nice.

“It’s extremely special to get to join my name with Cody Williams and Tristan da Silva,” Simpson said. “Those guys, they deserve everything they’ve got coming their way. To be making history with them and representing CU still, it means a lot. It’s crazy to think that’s possible, that there’s other guys on our team (getting) drafted."

The fact that CU has almost the same number of players on NBA rosters as NFL rosters says a lot about the last decade of sports at Colorado.

I think what's especially impressive about Tad's program is that basically every Buff in the NBA outside of Cody Williams was not considered an NBA prospect before coming to CU.

* After NFL roster cuts there could be more NBA buffs than NFL: https://www.ourlads.com/ncaa-football-depth-charts/active-nfl-players-by-college/colorado/90337

Yeah, don't love them trading for Jackson.
Don't think it will get in KJ's way.

Reggie is at the end of his career. We saw this year that Reggie can't play extended minutes.

Reggie is a good guy though and very much a team player. KJ's first year or two are going to be developmental, if he were ready now he would have gone in the 1st. Reggie is a great guy to help him in that development, especially since they are similar in size and style.

Reggie is going to be 35 at the end of next year, his long-term value to the Hornets is as an expiring contract.

Charlotte also traded for two other PG’s in the last 6 months.

Unless he amazes, I think he is set on the G League this year

Don't think it will get in KJ's way.

Reggie is at the end of his career. We saw this year that Reggie can't play extended minutes.

Reggie is a good guy though and very much a team player. KJ's first year or two are going to be developmental, if he were ready now he would have gone in the 1st. Reggie is a great guy to help him in that development, especially since they are similar in size and style.

Reggie is going to be 35 at the end of next year, his long-term value to the Hornets is as an expiring contract.
Simple fact is it's another body. And while I think Lee is a great coach, I also don't trust any coach to say "hey, let's go with the second round PG and see what he can do vs the 13 year veteran PG". Add in the PG glut in Charlotte and it's not a good spot.

Charlotte also traded for two other PG’s in the last 6 months.

Unless he amazes, I think he is set on the G League this year
LaMelo is the only starter-quality guard on Charlotte. And at 6'7", they can pair him with a shorter combo guard. KJ has plenty of opportunity there.

LaMelo is the only starter-quality guard on Charlotte. And at 6'7", they can pair him with a shorter combo guard. KJ has plenty of opportunity there.
Hornets aren't under pressure to win now. They have a glut of PGs but none of them are what anybody thinks of as great players.

KJ will be given the opportunity to develop, probably spending time in the G-league, then he will have to prove himself. That's the best you can hope for as a second round pick if your name isn't Bronny.

Ehhhh. Like I said I think he’s probably a developmental prospect for Charlotte. They will stash him in the G league, which isn’t always a bad thing. I doubt he beats out 4 NBA vets to make this roster, this year

Simple fact is it's another body. And while I think Lee is a great coach, I also don't trust any coach to say "hey, let's go with the second round PG and see what he can do vs the 13 year veteran PG". Add in the PG glut in Charlotte and it's not a good spot.
I'd guess Reggie gets bought out by Charlotte.

Back