What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

NBA (and other pro league) Buffs

Nets to sign Kyrie Irving which makes Spencer a man off the bench
Looking at his overall numbers and how impactful he is in crunch time, it's surprising to me that a franchise hasn't made a move with the Nets to get Spencer and have him captain their ship.

I don't know that they have any assets left, but he'd be perfect on the Lakers right now.

I would love to hear the conversations that go on between Kyrie and Spence. I feel like he's almost the perfect person to play off his bull****. Pop him the "what does government mean to you" question and he'll probably give Kyrie a real answer.

The Mayor is wired right to play with Kyrie. He is confident and smart as a mother ****er. Kyrie’s passive aggressive **** won’t bring him down, and he’ll call Kyrie our when necessary.

Wouldn't surprise me if the Mayor starts this year. He can play off ball and compliment Kyrie well and LaVert can slide to the 3 while Durant heals. And gotta love Spencer's tweets about KD/Kyrie getting national attention.

Spencer will start this year and next and play the Shooting Guard role, so Kyrie does not send him to the bench even when this super team hits the floor in the 2020-2021 season. If he can have a good season, then he is the man, and they have invested in him to be that man. He will battle Joe Harris for this spot, but he has the chance to be a big part of this team and will have success. Rooting for Spencer, but I do not like Irving or Durant, so hard to root for them.

https://heavy.com/sports/2019/06/nets-roster-starting-lineup-kevin-durant/

Spencer will start this year and next and play the Shooting Guard role, so Kyrie does not send him to the bench even when this super team hits the floor in the 2020-2021 season. If he can have a good season, then he is the man, and they have invested in him to be that man. He will battle Joe Harris for this spot, but he has the chance to be a big part of this team and will have success. Rooting for Spencer, but I do not like Irving or Durant, so hard to root for them.

https://heavy.com/sports/2019/06/nets-roster-starting-lineup-kevin-durant/

LaVert is a potential all-star. I love Spence, but he isn't starting over Carl once everyone is back and healthy.

SIAP but Corey got a quick "Thank You" from Kemba despite only playing together for one season, seven years ago.

Thank you to my former teammates who showed me the way: Big Al, Gerald Henderson, Sagana Diop, D.J. Augustin, Ben Gordon, Derrick Brown, Chris Douglas Roberts (CDR), Troy Daniels, Reggie Williams, Corey Higgins, Matt Carroll, Brendan Haywood, Jason Maxiell, Jannero Pargo, Ramon Sessions, Courtney Lee, Gary Neal, Corey Maggette, Jeff Adrien, Tyrus Thomas, Boris Diaw….. the list goes on.

If we scored by dollars earned by former players, say, over the last year, CU basketball has to be way ahead of CU football right now, doesn’t it?

If we scored by dollars earned by former players, say, over the last year, CU basketball has to be way ahead of CU football right now, doesn’t it?

I have the feeling the answer is no. Even though NBA contracts are generally nicer than ones in the NFL, we have more NFL players, including some decent ones. Solder and Bakhtiari both are in excess of 10-per, and Richardson I want to say is just south of 10. Jimmy Smith makes a decent amount (or at least once did). Then you count guys like Withersppon, Awuzie, Thompson, Crosby, Oliver, and maybe someone else I'm forgetting (I remember Phil, but he can't be making too much).

Back