What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

NIL act passed - NCAA allows athletes to monetise their name, image, likeness

Wait. Athletes are being taken advantage of by greedy assholes? Nobody could have ever predicted that. I mean, wow.
The players and their parents are greedy too. They aren’t a bunch of innocent hayseeds. And HS coaches for that matter.

Coastal Carolina: college football, wrasslin, and NASCAR plus Mrytle Beach…what could go wrong?

I was watching the NFL training camps thing earlier this morning on ESPN and saw something interesting scroll across the bottom. Idk what women's programs at Texas Tech are gonna get this? It said something along the lines that they were gonna get 25K annually. I'd think mainly basketball, but I'm not sure.

I was watching the NFL training camps thing earlier this morning on ESPN and saw something interesting scroll across the bottom. Idk what women's programs at Texas Tech are gonna get this? It said something along the lines that they were gonna get 25K annually. I'd think mainly basketball, but I'm not sure.
Yep, $25K per player for the women's b-ball team.

Listening to Forde and Wetzel from the other day and they were talking about how the facility arms race is essentially going to fade away, with the money shifting toward NIL.

I’ve been banging this drum for a few years now as it pertains to CU and paying assistant coaches, but perhaps it would be far better to direct funds/donations toward an NIL collective than massively upgrading Folsom Field.

This NIL stuff is so absurd. I’ve also seen rumblings that the NCAA may drop the one time transfer rule and allow players to transfer at will.

I get the “free market” part of this. But even most professional sports have caps in order to keep some semblance of parity. The NCAA has zero control and better figure it out.

Back