What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Oct 11 - Colorado @ Oregon

I like the Montez captain call.

I want him to march out and remind them he lit them up as his first start, and now he’s a 5th year starting senior with some battle under his belt.

I agree with whichever of you jabronis said he might some out swinging. I have a theory he think he likes being a surprise hero. Like as in no one is expecting him to be a hero or perform, but it would therefore garner him a disproportionate amount of adulation if he does. Everyone is expecting us to lose.

Seems like when he starts to feel the bench creeping closer, he snaps into Good Monty more seriously.

I will be in the house that Phil built..... been there a bunch of times... I will give the ducks one thing and only this....the “crowd” is loud and not just the student section.....

I like the Montez captain call.

I want him to march out and remind them he lit them up as his first start, and now he’s a 5th year starting senior with some battle under his belt.

I agree with whichever of you jabronis said he might some out swinging. I have a theory he think he likes being a surprise hero. Like as in no one is expecting him to be a hero or perform, but it would therefore garner him a disproportionate amount of adulation if he does. Everyone is expecting us to lose.

Seems like when he starts to feel the bench creeping closer, he snaps into Good Monty more seriously.
From what we've seen thus far into the season, the coaches seem to not trust the backups enough to even give someone ONE drive. Tthe bench is probably not creeping closer and realistically I still think Montez gives the best shot at a bowl. I just wish the backups got even a few meaningful snaps.

From what we've seen thus far into the season, the coaches either don't trust the backups enough to even give someone ONE drive or they think Montez is doing well which doesn't make too much sense to me. Regardless the bench is probably not creeping closer.
Montez is #18 in the country in passing yards. 37th in QBR. 35th in TDs (tie). He has 2 picks.

He's not great, but he's good. No reason to bench him.

Montez is #18 in the country in passing yards. 37th in QBR. 35th in TDs (tie). He has 2 picks.

He's not great, but he's good. No reason to bench him.
I agree, I edited my post as you were typing your response to make that more clear. I don't think he should be benched I just would like Lytle/Stenstrom to get meaningful snaps here and there. He is doing well, but when he's not it's been pretty poor.

From what we've seen thus far into the season, the coaches seem to not trust the backups enough to even give someone ONE drive. Tthe bench is probably not creeping closer and realistically I still think Montez gives the best shot at a bowl. I just wish the backups got even a few meaningful snaps.
This staff routinely plays 2s at numerous positions. Even 3s at times.

Should fact that they don’t do that at QB tell us anything.

I think so. Just re-emphasizes that the backups might not be worth putting in a live game imo.

it kind of puts things into perspective when two of our WR, have more experience under center and more passing states than QB2 & QB3, in live games

I land in NYC at 9:30 pm so I am going to experience this Pac-12 after dark to the highest level. Anyone know of some good college football bars in Manhattan?

Tarik Luckett, DJ Oats, Isiah Lewis and Sam Noyer probably getting mucho PT this week. Who knows, could be a star is born moment.

Tarik Luckett, DJ Oats, Isiah Lewis and Sam Noyer probably getting mucho PT this week. Who knows, could be a star is born moment.
Let's hope Noyer doesn't see any time at Safety. Onu appears to be back in the lineup, so he, Rakestraw and Lewis will all be needed. Luckett is CB3 at this point, so we'll get a good glimpse of what the future has in store for the CB position with him. I'm actually looking forward to see him thrown in there. He was viewed as a guy who could play CB at this level coming out, so hopefully he works out there.

Let's hope Noyer doesn't see any time at Safety. Onu appears to be back in the lineup, so he, Rakestraw and Lewis will all be needed. Luckett is CB3 at this point, so we'll get a good glimpse of what the future has in store for the CB position with him. I'm actually looking forward to see him thrown in there. He was viewed as a guy who could play CB at this level coming out, so hopefully he works out there.

Seems to me that CU will likely have to play 6 DBs at times tomorrow, moving Taylor to Money. Who then becomes the slot CB? Is that Luckett? Or does Perry play?

On Portland radio yesterday they were talking about the Oregon line. They said that it’s the highest rated line in the country but they aren’t getting the offensive production they expect. Teams are stacking the box and out numbering the OL and the coaching staff refuses to adapt to it.

On Portland radio yesterday they were talking about the Oregon line. They said that it’s the highest rated line in the country but they aren’t getting the offensive production they expect. Teams are stacking the box and out numbering the OL and the coaching staff refuses to adapt to it.
WEll the buffs secondary should be a great cure for that.

Back