What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Oct 11 - Colorado @ Oregon

On Portland radio yesterday they were talking about the Oregon line. They said that it’s the highest rated line in the country but they aren’t getting the offensive production they expect. Teams are stacking the box and out numbering the OL and the coaching staff refuses to adapt to it.
It’s cool, we’ll put 3 DL 2 yards off the ball like we did vs AF and cure all their ills.

He was supposed to be out for 4-5 weeks. This would be 4 weeks from his injury and with really bad safety depth, maybe they think he can play if he absolutely needs to? Would be good
No way. He was walking with a heavy limp last week

A really bad/deep cut? I’m sure he got it treated and got stitches and it’s a matter of healing and pain tolerance at this point.
You obviously need to give the wound time to heal and a cortisone shot won't help with that.

Cortisone is for the pain. It’s almost been a month; you don’t think the wound is closed and basically healed by now?
I have no idea. I just don't think pain at this point is the issue and more due to letting the wound properly heal, but I could be wrong. Either way, would be massive if he plays with the issues in the backend of the defense.

I have no idea. I just don't think pain at this point is the issue and more due to letting the wound properly heal, but I could be wrong. Either way, would be massive if he plays with the issues in the backend of the defense.
cortisone would have no role here. That is more for chronic inflammation - i.e. repeated joint injuries.
Local anesthetic, on the other hand, would address the pain. But that also cause some weakness, so also highly unlikely. Just needs time to heal. Without knowing specific details of the injury and how it was treated, hard to know the options/outlook.

Tsheck is obviously Bud Kilmer
248f9e2d-7e38-4e68-9d39-9a2ee2c1e918_text.gif

I haven't posted here in a long time - really like the format, probably not new but it's new to me.

So ... is there some unspoken code that Shenault won't play? Whatever a Core Muscle injury is, 3 weeks for a 21 year old seems enough to be back. Since we don't really need him (that much) on O, maybe he sneaks in there in the secondary.

Half kidding, but he and Mustafa have to be very, very close to returning.

This line is absolutely nuts. Oregon is averaging like 19 a game vs P5 opponents, but they're gonna beat CU by that much?

I haven't posted here in a long time - really like the format, probably not new but it's new to me.

So ... is there some unspoken code that Shenault won't play? Whatever a Core Muscle injury is, 3 weeks for a 21 year old seems enough to be back. Since we don't really need him (that much) on O, maybe he sneaks in there in the secondary.

Half kidding, but he and Mustafa have to be very, very close to returning.

If they are using “core” as code for sports hernia, he very well could be out for the year and his CU career. I’d its an ab, oblique, etc. then he could be close to ready.

If Mustafa is high ankle, that would be a different prognosis than a normal ankle. I’ve also wondered if it is the same leg that kept him out this spring.

Last edited:
If they is a latent infection, cortisone would be a very bad idea.
I think my point was lost on the crowd. I’ll take responsibility, even though I’m not a doctor. Assuming the wound is generally healed, shoot him up with some pain killers and lets go. Common practice.

aren't we do for an opposing QB to have a BAD game? You sure would think so, not sure it's ever happened. Tonight's the night.
Pac12 after dark.

GO BUFFS !!

This game is a bad matchup all around. Buffs just don’t have the horses to compete in this game with the injury attrition. Praying for a miracle.

Maybe I'm crazy, but I just think the fact that we have so many factors going against us that we just ball out and make this a game.

I think Oregon will be looking ahead to Washington.
I think Oregon's defense is a lot worse than the stats would indicate. The stats have been propped up by playing bad defenses.
I think Montez will be slinging the ball around.
I think Viska is back.
I think Mustafa is back.
I think Onu is back.

And I think we have a shot.

Of course, I thought we'd beat Air Force and Arizona, too.

Back