What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Official 2016 All-in-One Assistant Coaches Compendium Thread - hagan in, bernardi to te, adams ol -

I know I'm spitballing a lot here, but Stacy Searels from VaTech is also presumably looking for work. Coached at Texas, Georgia and LSU previously. Any thoughts on him?

Seems like he is working his way backwards in his career, but he would still be a decent upgrade.

Where we stand:

Head Coach: Mike MacIntyre
Co-Offensive Coordinator/Quarterbacks: Brian Lindgren
Co-Offensive Coordinator/Wide Receivers/Recruiting Coordinator: Darrin Chiaverini
Defensive Coordinator/Linebackers: Jim Leavitt
Running Backs/Tight Ends: Klayton Adams
Offensive Line: Gary Bernardi
Defensive Line: Jim Jeffcoat
Cornerbacks: Charles Clark
Safeties: Joe Tumpkin
9th assistant coaching position: Vacant
Strength and Conditioning Coach: Vacant

Key dates going forward:

January 1st: Darrin Chiaverini officially joins coaching staff.
January 10-13th: American Football Coaches Association (AFCA) Convention in San Antonio. One of the big networking events of the year.
January 11th: Spring semester starts. Winter conditioning has likely already started before this date, so the strength coach vacancy will be filled.
January 14th-January 30th: Recruiting contact period. Brief window for coaches to conduct in-home visits, as well as visiting high schools for next year's class.
Mid February: Spring practices will start. Last year, the first practice was on February 13th.

Football Scoop: Joe Wickline: Wickline and Oklahoma State settled their lawsuit today with Wickline reportedly agreeing to pay $250,000 to Oklahoma State.

Now that Wickline has this business cleaned up, he's fully available for someone to hire him. Hmmm.... who could use an OL Coach?

Just an aside.

Darrin has a new twitter handle up now that he is joining the CU staff. It is @coachchev6
I read that as "Darian" and just about dropped my breakfast trying to figure out how you could post such a statement so flatly.

LSU DC Kevin Steele to Auburn. LSU's admin really ****ed this situation up badly. Would Pelini go back?

@lawdogg Steele has really never been very good as a coordinator. I do not give him much credit for this season, he walked into a great situation. He will not be as lucky at Auburn.

@Buffnik I think this signals Gus as a dead man walking.

Stumbled across a familiar name browsing footballscoop. Eric Kiesau to be the new OC at Fresno State.

Miami's long-time strength and conditioning coach, Andreu Swasey, is not being retained by Richt.

Soooo....if Mora does leave UCLA than Klemm might be available. He hasn't really wowed me as an OL coach but he's a hell of a recruiter. Makes a ton at UCLA though for an assitant.

Soooo....if Mora does leave UCLA than Klemm might be available. He hasn't really wowed me as an OL coach but he's a hell of a recruiter. Makes a ton at UCLA though for an assitant.
I thought about him until I saw his current salary. He makes $700k which is more than Leavitt. Doubt we have a shot at him.

The Lubick promotion I think is a good one. That guy will be a head coach next I believe if Oregon can ever find a QB and get them back near the top. Probably a pretty good situation for him.

Back