What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Official 2017 Coaching Carousel Thread - Zona hires Sumlin

...you don't think he was joking? The joke may have been framed poorly and he came off as too serious... ...but I thought he was trying to joke with the reporter when I heard it. I'm not a huge Herm fan, but I think he's getting a little too much flack for it.

fwiw - I know someone that played for Herm, and loved him. I'm not saying Herm's a good coach, but I do think the man will recruit some decent players based on his enthusiasm alone.
I think he was trying to be personable by asking where he was based (a dumb question) and trying to be charming with the joke about not going to hold the "devils digest" thing against him... but in the moment I believe he was completely clueless that this was a publication that covers his team and that it is called "devils digest" for that reason.

Also, that same thing with his over-enthusiastic personality is a reason that players and peers love the guy. It's genuine. But he's very much ADHD and that manic mode shows up in his management of games and in his press conferences - not in a good way.

I agree with this. I also believe it didn't cross his mind for one second that Devil's Digest was named as much due to exclusively producing content for the Sun Devil's program.

I'm with Nik on this one. He didn't know, or was so out of it he forgot in the moment

One would think. But then I watch that presser. Probably just a brain fart in the heat of the moment while his mind is racing as he does his over-enthusiastic schtick. So I think he knew on some level but it wasn't something that had been close to the front of him mind so he kind of forgot about it in the midst of his dialogue.
I think Highlander's point is probably the closest thing to what actually happened. He absolutely knew his team is called the Sun Devils, but maybe didn't put it together with "Devil's Digest". They guy may be a little odd, but he isn't stupid.

A quick scan of WSU class (and other P12 schools) shows not a lot of DL available this year that are committed....

Saw that WSU just offered an ASU DE commit (more of an OLB in our system). I'm guessing it's Michael Matus of Katy, TX.

Last edited:
Jeric reminded me that I had not heard if Schiano had been paid yet. Looks like this thing is going to make the lawyers rich.
https://www.forbes.com/sites/darren...ceiving-millions-from-tennessee/#1baeb8b23b45

Quick summary: The doc states multiple times that it is binding up until a formal contract is signed and if UT breaks it, they owe Schiano 75% of the total value ($27m+). It was signed by Currie, the former AD.

The issue is that it had multiple signature lines for UT employees, including the CFO, that are blank (no signature). So is it valid with just Currie's signature, or not?

Jeric reminded me that I had not heard if Schiano had been paid yet. Looks like this thing is going to make the lawyers rich.
https://www.forbes.com/sites/darren...ceiving-millions-from-tennessee/#1baeb8b23b45

Quick summary: The doc states multiple times that it is binding up until a formal contract is signed and if UT breaks it, they owe Schiano 75% of the total value ($27m+). It was signed by Currie, the former AD.

The issue is that it had multiple signature lines for UT employees, including the CFO, that are blank (no signature). So is it valid with just Currie's signature, or not?

We'll never find out, they will pay Schiano some amount to make it go away.

Holy **** they have 11 commits for 2018. ZERO 4*’s. This is going to **** asu for years.

ASU thing is so weird. Expecting assistants to stay when they were hired by your predecessor, they know if you fail they will be the scapegoats.

It was great, but it's over now, and it's OK to make some fun of a still pretty bad Oregon defense that got beat up by a G5 program.
Ok, they're still much improved over last year's Oregon defense and they were handicapped by an abysmal Oregon offense that only managed 280 total yards against BSU while giving up 4 turnovers. That pretty bad Oregon defense scored as many points in 30 seconds as the offense did the whole rest of the game.

I know it's fashionable now to pick on Leavitt because he left here, but it really comes across as sour grapes because I don't believe there's a single person here who wouldn't trade our DC for Leavitt in a heartbeat if given the chance.

Ok, they're still much improved over last year's Oregon defense and they were handicapped by an abysmal Oregon offense that only managed 280 total yards against BSU while giving up 4 turnovers. That pretty bad Oregon defense scored as many points in 30 seconds as the offense did the whole rest of the game.

I know it's fashionable now to pick on Leavitt because he left here, but it really comes across as sour grapes because I don't believe there's a single person here who wouldn't trade our DC for Leavitt in a heartbeat if given the chance.
I agree with you for the most part, but while many people come off as sour grapes, you come off as a white knight and the leader of the Jim Leavitt circle jerk.

I agree with you for the most part, but while many people come off as sour grapes, you come off as a white knight and the leader of the Jim Leavitt circle jerk.
That's a little unfair. The more water there is under the bridge, the more it looks like JL was a very large piece of CU's success in 2016. I don't think it is a circle jerk to point that out.

Back