What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Official 2017 Coaching Carousel Thread - Zona hires Sumlin

The jim I am thinking about always looks like he got his clothes and hat out of the dirty hamper buried under empty pepsi cans.

Mike Leach... another coach who got a sweet little pay raise from the Tennessee dumpster fire.

In a semi-related note... I want to be on Jimmy Sexton’s client roster. omg. What a sweet xmas this dude is already having.

Sexton is killing it, what is the likely percentage he get's on coaching contracts? 3-4% seems likely, but was just wondering, because this dude has got to be rolling in cash. He should wait to collect until after the first of the year to get some tax breaks.

Sexton is killing it, what is the likely percentage he get's on coaching contracts? 3-4% seems likely, but was just wondering, because this dude has got to be rolling in cash. He should wait to collect until after the first of the year to get some tax breaks.
Not sure on coaches, but the general range the interwebs says is 4%-10% of an athlete's contract and 10%-20% of their endorsement deals. The NFL doesn't allow agents to make more than 3% and the NBA doesn't allow more than 4%. As of the end of Q3 2017, Sexton has pulled in ~$26m in commissions YTD. FWIW, that represents #26 on the list of sports agents. #1 is Scott Boras at over $107m.

https://www.forbes.com/sports-agents/list/

Not sure on coaches, but the general range the interwebs says is 4%-10% of an athlete's contract and 10%-20% of their endorsement deals. The NFL doesn't allow agents to make more than 3% and the NBA doesn't allow more than 4%. As of the end of Q3 2017, Sexton has pulled in ~$26m in commissions YTD. FWIW, that represents #26 on the list of sports agents. #1 is Scott Boras at over $107m.

https://www.forbes.com/sports-agents/list/

I'm in the wrong career field.

I am guessing, given his clout and connections, he commands 4-5%. According to Forbes, his overall annual comp is $20-30mm. Plus, working for CAA, I am sure everything else perk-wise is handled: regular use of company private jet, company car for personal use, all meals/lodging expensed, etc.

Remember when Christensen was one of the hottest OCs in college football for what he'd done at Mizzou?

Since Wyoming: Utah for 1 year as OL coach, aTm for 1 year as OL coach, out of football for 1 year, then ASU as a consultant.

Not sure this is a great hire for ASU even though it's a recognizable name.

Darth Snyder update posted to FooballScoop:

Kansas State: Bill Snyder is “in the process” of making a decision of whether or not to come back, according to a tweet from John Kurtz from KMAN in Manhattan. The Wizard doesn’t expect to make up his mind until after K-State plays in the Cactus Bowl on Dec. 26.

Remember when Christensen was one of the hottest OCs in college football for what he'd done at Mizzou?

Since Wyoming: Utah for 1 year as OL coach, aTm for 1 year as OL coach, out of football for 1 year, then ASU as a consultant.

Not sure this is a great hire for ASU even though it's a recognizable name.

Its not. His stock has fallen off the map since he left Mizzou-I think it goes to show what a mess that "New Leadership Model" is down there...I saw the K-State update-I'd be stunned if Snyder stepped down. He does-his son is the guy.

Middle of signing day- an interesting time to announce a new coach-

lol- it's Mr ****ing Howdy Doody

Darth Snyder update posted to FooballScoop:

Kansas State: Bill Snyder is “in the process” of making a decision of whether or not to come back, according to a tweet from John Kurtz from KMAN in Manhattan. The Wizard doesn’t expect to make up his mind until after K-State plays in the Cactus Bowl on Dec. 26.
Gotta think that the strategy for Snyder is to draw this out as long as possible, probably even after spring ball, then hang it up so they're forced to hire his son on an interim basis. Whatever; with how much he's done for that program they should let him pick his successor.

lol- it's Mr ****ing Howdy Doody

Gotta think that the strategy for Snyder is to draw this out as long as possible, probably even after spring ball, then hang it up so they're forced to hire his son on an interim basis. Whatever; with how much he's done for that program they should let him pick his successor.
Forced? That move would make me fire his son and promote someone else on staff.

Kind of off topic, but Valor HC Rod Sherman is out. I can’t tell if it was just his decision or not.

Christensen is famous for pissing off everyone around him, especially his players. Ought to work out great.

He's a real jackass. Pissed off a lot of the WY fans up in Laramie and Cheyenne, who generally cut their HCs a lot of slack. The ASU future looks horrendous.

Leavitt still has the clause in his new contract that he can leave for KSU head coaching position.
I was just about to ask if the KjSU $0 buyout was included in the deal.

The crypt keeper isn't going to be able to make his son his successor however much he tries.

If his son had been able to match his late 90s/early 2000s performance (as everyone knows the crypt keeper has been fairly close to HC in name only the past 5 years), the KjSU "brain trust" might be more willing to go along.

But he hasn't.

Snyder Jr isn't going to be permanent HC, after Sr.

Crypt keeper needs to come to terms with that.

I am guessing, given his clout and connections, he commands 4-5%. According to Forbes, his overall annual comp is $20-30mm. Plus, working for CAA, I am sure everything else perk-wise is handled: regular use of company private jet, company car for personal use, all meals/lodging expensed, etc.

And he will get that $20-$30 mm every year for the next 5-7 years, until another chaotic year in which he will up that total. This had to be the largest and most dramatic year of coaching changes at very large institutions. He also gets paid for the buyouts also!!! I am going to go and send him a resume

Back