What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Official 2017 Coaching Carousel Thread - Zona hires Sumlin

Naw, we’re good, he doesn’t recruit SoCal.
VlgXG.gif

Has won 20-3 in last 23. Wins last year over B1G and P12 champs, one of which was in CFB. 9 wins over ranked teams.

Likely to be fired today.

Helton is one bad/mediocre season away from losing his job. The Pac-12 has been cyclically bad the past couple of years. We’ll see how good USC is under Helton when the Pac-12 cycles back up the next couple of years.

Helton is one bad/mediocre season away from losing his job. The Pac-12 has been cyclically bad the past couple of years. We’ll see how good USC is under Helton when the Pac-12 cycles back up the next couple of years.
Led by Herm Edwards and the mighty Sun devils.

Gary Anderson on at Utah as their new 10th assistant. Strong hire in my mind for that slot.
On the surface - great hire. Just below the surface - how will he and Whittingham get along? It would be like if Barnett had hired Sonny Lubick (Remember Anderson was HC at Utah State for a long time). The way Anderson threw his coaching staff under the bus in his way out of Corvallis makes me wonder how he will get along with the other members of Whittingham’s staff.

But, like I said, on the surface it’s a great hire. I’ll be interested to see how UU does the next few years.

What makes him a loose cannon, just wondered?
Got hired at Wiscy, bolted for Oregon St. after two years, left Ore. St. mid-season dropping a twitter f you to the AC's he hired on the way out. He just seems kind of unstable to me.

Will that end the narrative on this board the he and Whittingham hate each other.
Probably not. I wasn’t aware of that narrative in the first place. It’s no secret that Whittingham is a bit of a hot head, and so is GA. Oil and water can mix at high enough temperatures.

Got hired at Wiscy, bolted for Oregon St. after two years, left Ore. St. mid-season dropping a twitter f you to the AC's he hired on the way out. He just seems kind of unstable to me.
Ah, didn't know about that. That kinda stuff happens alot, it's just more public these days.

GA probably took the Oregon State job thinking it would be a better personality and academic fit than Wisconsin even though he did fairly well in Madison. He wanted to be back west and was probably promised the moon by the cheap and easy AD. But, the job wasn’t at all what he thought it would be and he decided to GTFO instead of collecting a check being miserable. Now he gets to simply be a coach, go to temple, and be back home in SLC. He’s probably having a bit of a mid-life crisis. Good for him chasing some happiness.

He left Wisconsin based on unfulfilled promises on admissions exceptions for Poly athletes he wanted. He melted down at OSU Beav. I think he was a good to great assistant. I thought he was not a head coach. I think as a tenth, he is pretty damn good.

KjSU must not have been able to pull the funds together to hire Leavitt this year. They need a little more time.

Definitely not the issue. Just paying him Snyder's current salary would represent about a $1 million dollar raise for Leavitt.

All about Snyder wanting his son to be his successor.

Back