What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!
  • There has been an ongoing bug where club membership subscriptions have not been expiring. We have fixed this bug, and on October 7 users who do not have an active subscription will have their membership revoked, and you will be given the opportunity to renew. Please visit this post for details: https://allbuffs.com/threads/club-membership-privileges-not-being-revoked-when-yearly-subscription-ends.160161/

Official 2017 Coaching Carousel Thread - Zona hires Sumlin

If it was 100% about the direction of the football program, why bring up the investigation at all? You really think this is all football related?

Because news of the investigation hit the national news a couple hours ago? It would be really stupid to take the time to craft a message and ignore the elephant in the room.

I kind of feel for RR in this case. He is being thrown under the bus by an employer who would rather do that than fight the allegations, even when a third party investigation apparently turned up no wrongdoing.

RR’s career will take a hit over something he was exonerated for. That sucks.

The more dysfunctional the Arizona programs can become, the better!!!
2018 and 2019 are opportunities for the Buffs, with the Herm Edwards experiment, and now the Arizona situation.
No excuses for MAC not to get us to at least 8 wins.
Interesting to see the comment by RG about the annual rollover of MM's contract. Yes, the new contract is only 6 months old, but the comment is at least a little bit of an edge by RG to say to MM, you are expected to do better, now go do it!!! Yes, Tate is still the AZ QB, but I expect to beat both of the Arizone schools this year.

The more dysfunctional the Arizona programs can become, the better!!!
2018 and 2019 are opportunities for the Buffs, with the Herm Edwards experiment, and now the Arizona situation.
No excuses for MAC not to get us to at least 8 wins.
Interesting to see the comment by RG about the annual rollover of MM's contract. Yes, the new contract is only 6 months old, but the comment is at least a little bit of an edge by RG to say to MM, you are expected to do better, now go do it!!! Yes, Tate is still the AZ QB, but I expect to beat both of the Arizone schools this year.

At braska
Ucla
At usc
At washington
wash st
Utah

Still going to be tough, until we see how our lines play, how chev is as an OC and eliot's year two defense, but other than that....I....agree...

The notice of claim alleges, among other things, that Rodriguez and his closest aides followed a "hideaway book" that detailed such sayings as "Title IX doesn't exist in our office." Those who had the most interaction with Rodriguez — the former employee and two assistant coaches — referred to themselves as the "Triangle of Secrecy," according to the claim. The three were charged with lying to Rodriguez's wife to cover up an extramarital affair, according to the claim, and were ordered to protect the coach's reputation above all else.

The former employee said in the claim that she "had to walk on eggshells at work, because of (Rodriguez's) volatility and sheer power over the department." Rodriguez would call her at all hours of the night, she said in the claim, to change travel plans or deal with Rodriguez's personal emergencies. In the claim, the former employee said she became increasingly troubled by Rodriguez's actions over the past year. She suffered migraines as a result, the claim states.

http://tucson.com/sports/arizonawil...cle_a5da70da-f02d-11e7-a7f8-17b0f5c5ce06.html

Really just seems like while the investigation didn't find things that would justify firing RR with cause, they found things that made them realize he's just a giant Puke, which he is.

Yeah. That's really no one's damn business outside of him and his wife. I hate that stuff like that becomes public scandal and he has to address it to the public. He's a football coach. His marriage and fidelity are none of our damn business.

Unless it is the Petrino situation at Arkansas, I agree.

The investigation's findings are incomplete without the cooperation of the complainant. Anyone saying "RR did nothing wrong" needs to keep that in mind.

Les Miles is still out there, waiting by his phone.

(I would have linked the actual sexually explicit music video, but I didn't want any of you married 35 year olds pulling it up on your phones and getting into trouble with your wives)

Odd. “I’ve done absolutely nothing wrong. But, I did cheat, that’s true.” Lol

Weird situation.
Seems to me like him trying to turn a potentially negative public opinion situation into a positive for him. "Hey, he is a scumbag and cheated, but if he's willing to tell the world that, he MUST be telling the truth about his assistant". JMO.

The whole thing smells to me like they were pretty luke warm on keeping him anyway, have a guy in mind they want, and can spin it to the PC police media that they are a beacon of morality in the STD filled desert.

Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned.

ccd959f4146421d82b528b2257b095b4.jpg

My guess is there is some truth to the rumor that the phrase "Title IX doesn't exist here" was something of a slogan in the football offices. U of A and Tucson are blue, strikingly blue in comparison to the rest of the state. Fostering that kind of atmosphere and line of thought is not going to fly down there. I'm not saying that's the reason he was fired, but it could well have pushed the decision past the tipping point.

Now go hire Butch Jones. Let's blast this program back to the John Mackovic era.

If your quote was the worst of it (site blocks my ad blocker!), she had a ****ty job. If you can sue for that and win, civil courts will be very busy.

True. However, if she was tasked with lying to RichRod's wife about his affair and listening to his stories about his boning prowess, that's likely a hostile work environment.

WOW -just read. There are some really good coaches sitting on the bench right now. Who is in need of head coaches again? Hired Roper a little early...RR for QB coach.

At braska
Ucla
At usc
At washington
wash st
Utah

Still going to be tough, until we see how our lines play, how chev is as an OC and eliot's year two defense, but other than that....I....agree...

5 Pac12 home games, and missing Stanford and Oregon is about as soft of a conference schedule as possible; especially since USC and Washington are sure losses home or away, so at least we get home games against the middle of the Pac teams.

Do we think 6-6 gets Mac fired?

Back