What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!
  • There has been an ongoing bug where club membership subscriptions have not been expiring. We have fixed this bug, and on October 7 users who do not have an active subscription will have their membership revoked, and you will be given the opportunity to renew. Please visit this post for details: https://allbuffs.com/threads/club-membership-privileges-not-being-revoked-when-yearly-subscription-ends.160161/

Official 2017 Coaching Carousel Thread - Zona hires Sumlin

I thought I was done, but RichRod, old coach happy pants, has put on his party hat and spun the coaching carousel once again....

$7.5mil for keeping a damn secret...WTF is this world coming too?

Nobody's been paid yet.

Question: should an employer be allowed to use an employee to cover up for his affair? The answer to that question seems obvious to me, but maybe I'm crazy.

True. However, if she was tasked with lying to RichRod's wife about his affair and listening to his stories about his boning prowess, that's likely a hostile work environment.
Agreed, but if those aren't true, coercion is to some degree part of supervisoon. It'll likely settle anyway.

Texas A&M completed its offensive staff, and Jeff Banks was not retained (longtime Jimbo coach Tim Brewster coaches the same position, TE). If I'm RG, which I'm not, I'm throwing all the money I can at Banks to replace Bernardi.

Couldn't Herm Edwards coach AZ too? Under the new CEO model ASU is using, it would seem they could just have AZ as a wholly owned subsidiary and have Herm be the CEO.
Graham would be another awesome choice, but one they can't make, given that whole little brother thing.

Texas A&M completed its offensive staff, and Jeff Banks was not retained (longtime Jimbo coach Tim Brewster coaches the same position, TE). If I'm RG, which I'm not, I'm throwing all the money I can at Banks to replace Bernardi.

Only made about $50K more than GB last year.

USA Today has the RichRod scoop.

"Rodriguez's personal behavior toward Wilhelmsen led her first to seek, unsuccessfully, a job in another university position and later to resign her job as the coach's assistant, the claim says. Among the allegations:
  • The coach called her into his office in January 2017 when he began discussing his marital problems and then grabbed her, “embraced her, touched the side of her breast, and tried to kiss her.” She managed to pull away. Two weeks later, he called her back to his office and said he wanted to "take care of her." Rodriguez handed her $300 in cash, but she refused the money.
  • In February 2017, he called her into his office, and while talking she saw him "grasping his penis beneath his basketball shorts."
  • Rodriguez asked Wilhelmsen to get him underwear from the equipment area. After she found a male staff member to bring them to him, Rodriguez told her how "his preferred style of underwear ‘visually enhanced’ his genitalia when worn."
  • Rodriguez timed his workouts so would walk back to his office shirtless in front of Wilhelmsen.
  • A coaching assistant made a comment that when Wilhelmsen raised money for the football program she did it by rubbing her breasts on donors. Rodriguez laughed at the comment.
  • Rodriguez asked Wilhelmsen to come to his home alone to help him with his dog. Wilhelmsen texted the coach that she and her husband could come, but she would not come alone. “You know I love you,” Rodriguez texted back, with a kissing-face emoji.
  • On Wilhelmsen’s last day of work on Aug. 11, 2017, Rodriguez’s wife cornered her in the office and demanded to know the truth about her husband’s affair. Wilhelmsen said she apologized for not informing his wife sooner.
Wilhelmsen also expressed concern about a so-called “Hideaway Book” that was written by Rodriguez and given annually to coaches and football operations staff. The goal was to "establish secrecy within Rodriguez’s inner circle and establish complete control of the group."

Back