What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Official 2017 Coaching Carousel Thread - Zona hires Sumlin

Does Matt Canada have recruiting connections in our footprint? We probably can't land him, but it's a nice thought.

You can always just come out and say what you want/need to say. Your act of asking questions you know the answer to already is annoying.
OK. So here is my question. Why has the Jeffcoat departure, if actually true, not been announced yet. AC carousel is churning.

OK. So here is my question. Why has the Jeffcoat departure, if actually true, not been announced yet. AC carousel is churning.
Why does it matter? It’s not like mac is sitting around waiting for it to be announced to look at others. This is always the dumbest conversation of the off season.

Why does it matter? It’s not like mac is sitting around waiting for it to be announced to look at others. This is always the dumbest conversation of the off season.

I think the time it has taken to make some hires is a good conversation to have. Hopefully we see some announcements next week.

I think the time it has taken to make some hires is a good conversation to have. Hopefully we see some announcements next week.
Yes but this has nothing to do with announcing jeffcoat has been fired, but people constantly bring it up like it matters. If Mac announced jeffcoat was fired a month ago he would still be on the same timeline right now.

Yes but this has nothing to do with announcing jeffcoat has been fired, but people constantly bring it up like it matters. If Mac announced jeffcoat was fired a month ago he would still be on the same timeline right now.

Sure, but it plays into a larger issue of everything being so hush hush at Dal Ward though. If they do not hire someone next week, doesn't it start to become a question if change is actually happening?

I agree somewhat, but why does MM and RG make everything so secretive? To save coaches from embarrassment?

Sure, but it plays into a larger issue of everything being so hush hush at Dal Ward though. If they do not hire someone next week, doesn't it start to become a question if change is actually happening?
So if Mac didn’t let any of that info about jeffcoat leak and then announced a new coach in 3 weeks that would be better? I guess I just don’t understand why people think they should be more open. They handle things very professionally and don’t let stupid rumors leak that could mess things up.

Why does everything have to be open to the public? Why do we have to know everything?
Not everything. But staff changes are a big deal, we're talking about professional coaches rather than students whose privacy needs to be better protected, and it's important to be engaged with your fan base if you want us to pay attention.

Really?

You don’t see that it matters to recruiting, to the culture of the football administration, to his ability to recruit, replace and redeploy assistants?

OK.

I guess.

Not everything. But staff changes are a big deal, we're talking about professional coaches rather than students whose privacy needs to be better protected, and it's important to be engaged with your fan base if you want us to pay attention.
There is a pretty small group of CU fans that really care about the timing though. If he announces a coach being fired a month after it actually happens what is the real difference? Especially with the early signing period now.

Really?

You don’t see that it matters to recruiting, to the culture of the football administration, to his ability to recruit, replace and redeploy assistants?

OK.

I guess.
What are you even talking about? If you think I am defending jeffcoat being on staff you are completely wrong.

So if Mac didn’t let any of that info about jeffcoat leak and then announced a new coach in 3 weeks that would be better? I guess I just don’t understand why people think they should be more open. They handle things very professionally and don’t let stupid rumors leak that could mess things up.

Like I said, if things get announced next week, all is well. But to just ignore information which has already been leaked is not "professional" just because they choose to confirm it a few weeks later.

You mean like players getting into trouble? No problem with putting that front and center...
They are hush hush about most of the player issues too, Falo’s suspension was never disclosed, Irwin’s and Frazier’s were never known to the public. The only ones they go public with are the arrests.

Like I said, if things get announced next week, all is well. But to just ignore information which has already been leaked is not "professional" just because they choose to confirm it a few weeks later.
I guess I’m just confused what you are looking for? You just want a confirmation from the school so you are sure he will be gone? Seems like a pretty small thing to get worked up about.

I guess I’m just confused what you are looking for? You just want a confirmation from the school so you are sure he will be gone? Seems like a pretty small thing to get worked up about.

I want the full coaching staff ready to hit the road after the dead period. How it happens does not really matter.

I think the school treats the firing of a coach as a much bigger deal than it needs to be. Announcing a coach will not be back is not some sort of breach of professionalism.

I want the full coaching staff ready to hit the road after the dead period. How it happens does not really matter.

I think the school treats the firing of a coach as a much bigger deal than it needs to be.
Of course and I completely agree with you and have complained about mac taking too long to get people hired before. I feel like we are arguing to different points.

Of course and I completely agree with you and have complained about mac taking too long to get people hired before. I feel like we are arguing to different points.

I know what we are arguing, just saying a quick release on a coach not coming back is hardly unprofessional, especially if the news has been leaked. Announce it and move on.

I know what we are arguing, just saying a quick release on a coach not coming back is hardly unprofessional, especially if the news has been leaked. Announce it and move on.
And there is also nothing wrong with a coach waiting to announce it either but people get worked up about it. I would guess he doesn’t like the way some head coaches deflect blame to other coaches by firing them immediately after the season.

Back