What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Official 2017 Coaching Carousel Thread - Zona hires Sumlin

Pretty much expected at this point but Jonathan Smith officially didn't retain Cory Hall at Oregon State.
Would he be a good fit for the 10th assistant? He was a dB coach. The kids seemed to like him. Obviously has p12 recruiting ties.

I thought I read somewhere that you were trying to get on staff at CSU...

Watch your ass!
tumblr_inline_n9id2mSiJv1qf6i04.jpg

i'd be more of a "CEO" type head coach at arizona.... like herm edwards but with less experience and more rage. america's stripper U will have NOTHING on the mighty wildcats! plus, unlike rich-rod, my swinging richard will stay sheathed in front of employees.

where's that online application again? who needs an agent?

Would Sumlin be the "home-run" hire ? I think he could do well in Tucson
Sumlin's aTm teams got worse as his recruits became the main cogs, rather than the roster he inherited. I see nothing about his background that shows he has made his teams better over time. They would pull in better recruits on paper, but unlikely to have those guys improve their team over time, if history repeats itself.

Only way that makes sense is if they can fire him in 3 years cheaply and then hire a real coach to build on his recruits.

Found out that Arizona law says you cannot announce a hire until 10 days after the job has been posted. Rich Rod was fired on the 2nd so that means UA could soon announce their new head coach. All those coaches that have been floated as canadiates are probably being peddled by Jimmy Sexton for pay raises.

I would not be happy with Sumlin at AZ, I agree he would do well. Hopefully, he is too expensive for AZ...especially after paying off RichRod.

A&M gave him.........$8m to go away? Correct me if I'm wrong. They could totally backload his contract if they wanted to

Back