What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Official 2019/20 CFB Coaching Carousel

Status
Not open for further replies.
So Feldman said yesterday on russillos pod that jimmy lake turned down the Colorado job last year.

I don't think it got that far. I do think that Lake turned down the opportunity for negotiations to get that far.

Not 100% certain here, but I'm going by what was told to me at the time by people who are more in the know than I.

Just shows RG was targeting some really good candidates.

Worth mentioning Feldman was really the only national writer pushing Tucker from the start. He does not bull****.

So Joey's new pub handle is Chris Super?

Uhm, this first lie has a better ring to it.
The Fresh Chris of Oxford?
tumblr_pz2we3z6aF1w0433po1_400.gif

Actually, I didn't pay attention yesterday. So +1 for you.

Still, I genuinely don't think of CSU as particularly good - school (unless agronomy or animals are your thing), coaching opportunity, community to live in relative to other places (proximity to the better parts of CO doesn't count anymore than proximity to Greeley and Cheyenne), history as a competitive program... Others might feel different but those are all personal opinions.
CSU is not elite but it is a much more respected university than many if not most G5 schools.

The job has a lot going for it.

They have been to bowl games fairly frequently in recent years. The fan base isn't large but they have a loyal core and when they are winning a decent number come out. They have been able to effectively recruit California for their level of players as well as some other states.

Ft. Collins is a good place to live, liked by coaches and assistants. There have also been quite a few former CSU coaches (both head and assistants) who have moved on to better jobs, it isn't a dead end.

The issues for them right now come down to a couple key issues. One is that Boise continues to dominate the MWC and be one of the the most effective G5 programs, going to be hard to catch or pass them.

Second is that the program is broke. Attendance has been well below what they projected (dreamed of ) in the new stadium. The school heavily subsidizes the program on a yearly basis and currently the school has some other financial priorities. After paying of the buyout (negotiated down well below what Bobo had to accept) they don't have a lot of readily available money. The money for both a head coach and a staff is going to be tight.

Second is that the program is broke. Attendance has been well below what they projected (dreamed of ) in the new stadium. The school heavily subsidizes the program on a yearly basis and currently the school has some other financial priorities. After paying of the buyout (negotiated down well below what Bobo had to accept) they don't have a lot of readily available money. The money for both a head coach and a staff is going to be tight.

Exactly why I'm not sure if any of those big names will actually land in Ft. Collins. Sark, Graham, Mora, et al aren't going to take an HC job for $400k.

That would either mean:
1) Urban was so interested in OSU’s future, he stepped aside so Day could rise
2) OSU saw so much potential in Day, they forced out their national championship winning coach to step down for Day
Well said, and you've completely debunked that mythology!

I don't know about you guys, but it would seriously change my opinion on whether or not I want CSU to lose games if Graham or Mora were to go there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back