What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Official 2019/20 CFB Coaching Carousel

Status
Not open for further replies.
One thought with the Mizzou search-has Joey Freshwater been mentioned there? If they want a high profile name, he fits that bill.

LEavitt to WSU as defensive coordinator a possibility according to Feldman. He is really close to leach

That’s a pretty lame “update”. Basically, he’s unemployed and looking for a spot to land.
Phone interview with CSU and then Feldman sporting leach wants him at WSU. My biggest question is why a phone interview with the rams? Just fly home and interview. Leads me to believe it wasn’t really an interview and more of a feeling out process.

Phone interview with CSU and then Feldman sporting leach wants him at WSU. My biggest question is why a phone interview with the rams? Just fly home and interview. Leads me to believe it wasn’t really an interview and more of a feeling out process.
Probably phoned in to see if he could get a case of Pepsi.

Kiffen to Ole Miss a done apparently.

Wow. If that happens the Arky AD's head will be on a chopping block. The info I am getting is probably at least third hand, but the BOT was ultimately presented with two real candidates. Kiffin and Drinkwitz. Due diligence was done on Leach, Norvell and Campbell. Campbell and Norvell were not interested, Leach was considered but either he or Arky decided it was a no go and he re-upped with Wazzu. Still hearing Kiffin is their man, but ...

Drinkwitz would be very underwhelming. Rumors they are talking to Rhule, but he just re-upped with bailer. Harsin too. If this goes south, it will be interesting.

Wow. If that happens the Arky AD's head will be on a chopping block. The info I am getting is probably at least third hand, but the BOT was ultimately presented with two real candidates. Kiffin and Drinkwitz. Due diligence was done on Leach, Norvell and Campbell. Campbell and Norvell were not interested, Leach was considered but either he or Arky decided it was a no go and he re-upped with Wazzu. Still hearing Kiffin is their man, but ...

Drinkwitz would be very underwhelming. Rumors they are talking to Rhule, but he just re-upped with bailer. Harsin too. If this goes south, it will be interesting.
Arkansas is this year's Tennessee.

Not quite sure who to believe, but Kiffin may have gotten a sweeter deal (fewer conditions pertaining to W-L and personal conduct) from Ole Miss. He may have left Arky at the altar. If so, massive, I mean massive screw up.

Maybe they can save the day, but if Ole Miss pulled the carpet form beneath them...very bad look.

Not quite sure who to believe, but Kiffin may have gotten a sweeter deal (fewer conditions pertaining to W-L and personal conduct) from Ole Miss. He may have left Arky at the altar. If so, massive, I mean massive screw up.

Maybe they can save the day, but if Ole Miss pulled the carpet form beneath them...very bad look.
Jimmy Sexton working his magic.

I actually think Drinkwitz to Arky and Kiffin to Ole Miss makes sense. The concern with Drinkwitz is his lack of P5 experience, but he does have some and is still really young. If he had another year like the one he’s having this year, I’m not sure Arky is even on his radar. Add the Arkansas ties and take him while you can. At Ole Miss, you’re going to need to recruit in just about every other SEC school’s backyard. It helps to have a known name (and generous boosters) to do that. I know he used to be considered a good recruiter, I assume that’s still the case with Kiffin. Plus, there are two types of guys at Ole Miss, the wholesome Christians and the Joey Freshwaters.

Kiffin will fail at Ole Miss.

I do not agree. Ole Miss is a great school to recruit to and Kiffin can recruit with the best. Has he matured over the past six years since he’s been a P5 HC? If so he could build up Ole Miss pretty quickly.

I’m not buying the idea that Arkansas is the better job either. The pigs have a deep, deep talent hole to dig out of.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back