What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Official 2019/20 CFB Coaching Carousel

Status
Not open for further replies.
Surprised at Blake Anderson as a strong candidate at Missouri. He stuck me as a guy who should have left after '15 or '16, but stayed too long and was no longer a hot commodity. His trajectory at Arky St isn't super.

2014Arkansas State7–65–3T–4thL GoDaddy
2015Arkansas State9–48–01stL New Orleans
2016Arkansas State8–57–1T–1stW Cure
2017Arkansas State7–56–23rdL Camellia
2018Arkansas State8–55–3T–1st (West)L Arizona
2019Arkansas State7–55–32nd (West)

Not great, but he's also shown he can maintain and win with his own guys. He took over at a time when Harsin and one or two other coaches were only there a year or two and got bigger jobs.

Surprised at Blake Anderson as a strong candidate at Missouri. He stuck me as a guy who should have left after '15 or '16, but stayed too long and was no longer a hot commodity. His trajectory at Arky St isn't super.

2014Arkansas State7–65–3T–4thL GoDaddy
2015Arkansas State9–48–01stL New Orleans
2016Arkansas State8–57–1T–1stW Cure
2017Arkansas State7–56–23rdL Camellia
2018Arkansas State8–55–3T–1st (West)L Arizona
2019Arkansas State7–55–32nd (West)

Maybe that's why the committee said no.

i'm a bit behind ITT and haven't read anything, but on the subject of whether CSU is a good G5 job, my take is:
  • our fan-biased amateur opinions aside, that CSU made the final cut of XII expansion candidates four years ago is a compelling data point that "CSU is a good G5 job"
  • they are in one of the top two G5 conferences; CSU gets national exposure every year when they play Boise and AFA
  • they are not academically as poor as some here would make the school to be. Anecdotal, but hell, my son's CSU degree got him into grad school at Mines.
  • if you're the CSU HC, you get to live in Colorado

As this year's version of Tennessee, Arkansas just got Tom Allen a raise. That and beating "mighty" ****braska.

We'll see. Sounds like their OC is going to be the new HC at Fresno State. He had been the OC there in 2017 and 2018 when Tedford had the great seasons before dropping to like 4 wins this year.

i'm a bit behind ITT and haven't read anything, but on the subject of whether CSU is a good G5 job, my take is:
  • our fan-biased amateur opinions aside, that CSU made the final cut of XII expansion candidates four years ago is a compelling data point that "CSU is a good G5 job"
  • they are in one of the top two G5 conferences; CSU gets national exposure every year when they play Boise and AFA
  • they are not academically as poor as some here would make the school to be. Anecdotal, but hell, my son's CSU degree got him into grad school at Mines.

Mods- move this to the schedule thread if you need to. We play Rammie next year, 23, and 24......and didn't Parker say we had a handshake to play late next decade?

I don't know about you guys, but it would seriously change my opinion on whether or not I want CSU to lose games if Graham or Mora were to go there.

Why would you want CSU to start winning games? I guess you really must like Graham and Mora a lot.

CSU does fit the academic profile of a P5 school and my argument for CSU as a P5 school is that if states like Kansas, Oklahoma, Mississippi, Iowa, Oregon, etc can have two P5 schools, why not Colorado? CSU is rated an VHRU school and if they were to get into the Pac-12 or Big 12, they could ascend to the AAU like Utah just did recently. 40-45 thousand seat stadiums seems to be the new minimum for P5 these days and CSU's new stadium is capable of 50K if I'm not mistaken.

CSU has a better chance than BSU (despite BSU's success) when it comes to the next wave of P5 invitations.

There very likely won’t be a “next wave of P5 invitations”. If anything, I see a scenario where the current P5 gets split up. Schools like Alabama, Michigan, Texas form their own college athletics association and the NCAA just handle the smaller schools. Where CU will fall in that new landscape is anybody’s guess. I think we still have enough cache to play with the big boys, but I’m not certain we really want to.

There very likely won’t be a “next wave of P5 invitations”. If anything, I see a scenario where the current P5 gets split up. Schools like Alabama, Michigan, Texas form their own college athletics association and the NCAA just handle the smaller schools. Where CU will fall in that new landscape is anybody’s guess. I think we still have enough cache to play with the big boys, but I’m not certain we really want to.
I could see ~20 or so schools with full on free agency competing for the 4* players coming out of high school. The rest of the former P5 schools paying players some sort of set stipend. I can't see CU thriving if we were playing with the first group.

Looks like Nik needs to do a bit more pruning to move the CSU job discussion to actual job discussion thread.

Looks like Nik needs to do a bit more pruning to move the CSU job discussion to actual job discussion thread.

Do we need a CSU search specific thread? I can start one if need be, but given how big the talent gap between us and Rammie is right now.......I don't know if I care that much.

The Cowboys are interested in Urban Meyer and Chris Peterson per CBS.
I could totally see JJ wanting to go with a college coach again - he did well 2 of the last 3 times he hired a college coach.

I could also see UM wanting to give the no fun league a shot.

For some reason I don't see Peterson as wanting that particular spotlight.

That would either mean:
1) Urban was so interested in OSU’s future, he selflessly stepped aside so Day could rise
2) OSU saw so much potential in Day, they forced out their national championship winning coach to step down for Day
Option 3- Urban told OSU he was leaving and rather than risk losing Day to another P5 opening, the AD made him the successor.

I could totally see JJ wanting to go with a college coach again - he did well 2 of the last 3 times he hired a college coach.

I could also see UM wanting to give the no fun league a shot.

For some reason I don't see Peterson as wanting that particular spotlight.

He's more likely to go G5 or maybe P5 with not as many boosters to deal with.......the XFL could fit him too.

That's a lot of cheddar for a coordinator.

Is he really that good? Because if he is then some P5 program needs to make him the HC right now.

FWIW, after checking Texas and USC boards, I do not get the feeling either side believes Harrell actually jumps.

That's a lot of cheddar for a coordinator.

Is he really that good? Because if he is then some P5 program needs to make him the HC right now.

This offer makes him the highest paid AC in the sport if he takes it. I'm not doing that if I'm UT.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back