What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Official 2019/20 CFB Coaching Carousel

Status
Not open for further replies.
Arkansas should hire Fritz from Tulane. They need a professional football coach. Wherever he goes, Fritz is going to get their house in order, recruit well and win. He's been doing it for 20 years at all different levels and in different footprints.

Missouri should also make Fritz their target. Unfortunately, I think both schools have a BOT that is demanding a name hire splash.
I’m beginning to warm up to this idea. Now, folks saw they might keep Lunnety as HC. Yikes.

I’m beginning to warm up to this idea. Now, folks saw they might keep Lunnety as HC. Yikes.
I am not. Arky needs a recruiter Fritz is a fine coach but they need someone to raid tx. Lunney is a disaster hire.

Clark at UAB?

Or time to go retread like Chizik, Leavitt, Graham, Jones?

Guess it’s moot now.
I just don't get handing the reins over to a guy with one year of HC experience, he went to a successful G5 and maintained. Has some OC experience but really he is a Gus disciple. I guess they could not get Gus so they get his boy? Could have done much better. Should have done much better.

Maybe, there is some surprise coming. I hope I am wrong and HY has some trick up his sleeve.

Last edited:
I just don't get handing the reins over to a guy with one year of HC experience, he went to a successful G5 and maintained. Has some OC experience but really he is a Gus disciple. I guess they could not get Gus so they get his boy/ Could have do\ne much better. Should have done much better.

Maybe, there is some surprise coming. I hope I am wrong and HY has some trick up his sleeve.
Yes. Maybe Kiff was not the right choice, nor meant to be. But the drop to Drink given his (lack of) experience is pretty drastic.

Yes. Maybe Kiff was not the right choice, nor meant to be. But the drop to Drink given his (lack of) experience is pretty drastic.
Huh? Drink has **** tons of experience and proven results. Kiffen has only failed. That's not a drop.

We will see, but I think you are too caught up in "losing" out on Kiffin.
Arkansas has had some of its greatest successes under annoying douche coaches like Holtz and Petrino so I can see why they wanted Kiffin so badly. Not convinced they really missed out on much there, though. Bizarre to me that they never seem to focus their searches on a DFW area recruiter.

We will see, but I think you are too caught up in "losing" out on Kiffin.
Kiffin is a better choice than Drink. I would rather Arky got Campbell. But he wasn't interested. Andersen would have been my #2, but Arky isn't going to hire a guy from state, just on principle.

It looks like the BOT got their thumb in the pie. Kiffin got a better offer and went his way. Arky talked to Leach, Campbell and Norvell, and could not get traction. Kiffin and Drink were the two presented to the BOT. Harsin and Rhule may have also been in play. I just don't see a 1 year HC from a G5 taking the reins and rebuilding a team in the SEC.

Kiffin has a lot of red flags, but what Arky needs most is a recruiter who can and will raid TX for talent. Kiffin would have done that, and probably bolted as soon as he had success for greener pasture a la Tennessee, but I have lttle confidence in Drink.

This hire is sort of like betting the hard eight at the craps table...you can win, but it is a longshot.

Arkansas has had some of its greatest successes under annoying douche coaches like Holtz and Petrino so I can see why they wanted Kiffin so badly. Not convinced they really missed out on much there, though. Bizarre to me that they never seem to focus their searches on a DFW area recruiter.
This.

Huh? Drink has **** tons of experience and proven results. Kiffen has only failed. That's not a drop.
I’ll be more clear. I like Drink as a coach, a lot. I question Drink’s ability to lead a P5 program, attract ACs and recruit in the SEC.

Your narrative on Kiffen is dated. He was young. He made mistakes. He admitted it. He retrenched. He learned. And he is now succeeding with a different level of maturity and leadership not seen previously.

There is a gap.

A one year G5 HC. 36 years old. Wading out of the kiddie pool into the deep end. I was concerned when Kiffin was touted as choice number 1, but it made some sense. When I heard Drink was the only other HC presented to the BOT, I thought that meant Kiffin was in the bag. Drink is a big step down, and a big risk. Hopefully, he surprises. Somehow I imagine Ed O is chuckling.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back