What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Official 2019/20 CFB Coaching Carousel

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think so. I suppose Norvell to Arky would be a nice salve, but I have not heard anything that makes me think that, but then again, what do I know?
Sexton steers Norvell to FSU knowing Hogs and OM will get into a bidding war over Kiff?

I do not agree. Ole Miss is a great school to recruit to and Kiffin can recruit with the best. Has he matured over the past six years since he’s been a P5 HC? If so he could build up Ole Miss pretty quickly.

I’m not buying the idea that Arkansas is the better job either. The pigs have a deep, deep talent hole to dig out of.

The answer to your question is no.

It says he’s not in high demand and no one he’s worked with is rehiring him.
With still 10 or so jobs open staffs will fill up then. Not a lot of coaches go back to a school either? You're really grasping at straws with your hate for the guy. This is coming from the guy making a joke post at Leavitt's expense in this thread.

Phone interview with CSU and then Feldman sporting leach wants him at WSU. My biggest question is why a phone interview with the rams? Just fly home and interview. Leads me to believe it wasn’t really an interview and more of a feeling out process.

He'd do really well in either spot. WSU DC would fit him perfectly-Leach wouldn't meddle with him at all

I do not agree. Ole Miss is a great school to recruit to and Kiffin can recruit with the best. Has he matured over the past six years since he’s been a P5 HC? If so he could build up Ole Miss pretty quickly.

I’m not buying the idea that Arkansas is the better job either. The pigs have a deep, deep talent hole to dig out of.

I don't get why Mizzou isn't involved there. Their board doesn't think Blake Anderson (good coach and a pretty damn good human being from what I read about him during the final days of his late wife's cancer battle-I'd want my 18 year old playing for a guy like him) is a sexy enough hire after all......

Last edited:
With still 10 or so jobs open staffs will fill up then. Not a lot of coaches go back to a school either? You're really grasping at straws with your hate for the guy. This is coming from the guy making a joke post at Leavitt's expense in this thread.
I’m not talking about the same school hiring him. I’m referencing HCs. Usually HCs will cover quality assistants that have helped them find success in the past. Jim Leavitt is on an island.

And to be clear, I don’t hate him. I think he is an above average DC who is too difficult to work with to have around for more than a season.

I’m not talking about the same school hiring him. I’m referencing HCs. Usually HCs will cover quality assistants that have helped them find success in the past. Jim Leavitt is on an island.

And to be clear, I don’t hate him. I think he is an above average DC who is too difficult to work with to have around for more than a season.
Taggart and Mac aren't HCs at the moment. He wanted the gig at Oregon at lost it to Cristobal, they aren't working together. He has an angent and will network, he isn't on an island, they aren't in high school and everyone stops talking to him.

Leavitt will be a DC when the carousel stops spinning. We all know and get he won't be a HC unless a low G5 takes a flier on him hoping for a Rocky Long situation.

Wonder how much the Norvell news shifts the Memphis-Cincinnati line? Hard to be focused when you’re negotiating new jobs

I'm not sure that Kiffin keeps MM and I think he'd be a shoe-in for one of the MWC HC jobs if his CU record had been a little better.....

Wow. If that happens the Arky AD's head will be on a chopping block. The info I am getting is probably at least third hand, but the BOT was ultimately presented with two real candidates. Kiffin and Drinkwitz. Due diligence was done on Leach, Norvell and Campbell. Campbell and Norvell were not interested, Leach was considered but either he or Arky decided it was a no go and he re-upped with Wazzu. Still hearing Kiffin is their man, but ...

Drinkwitz would be very underwhelming. Rumors they are talking to Rhule, but he just re-upped with bailer. Harsin too. If this goes south, it will be interesting.
Arkansas should hire Fritz from Tulane. They need a professional football coach. Wherever he goes, Fritz is going to get their house in order, recruit well and win. He's been doing it for 20 years at all different levels and in different footprints.

Missouri should also make Fritz their target. Unfortunately, I think both schools have a BOT that is demanding a name hire splash.

Gotta think hes an option at UNM.....thats a similar (although not as bad) to SJSU when he got there.

You're right. That's the one. UNM would struggle to do better than Mike. And even coming in late in the recruiting season, he could load up with as many JUCOs as would sign, and probably start off better than the Lobos finished last year. But that job program been Purgatory lately.

I think Todd Graham would be a perfect fit at CSU. A very successful coach and at a point in his life where he might not being looking to move up. He would build a solid base. I really think Bobo and his staff had a 3 year plan at CSU to win and leverage it to bigger things - they failed to have a vision and build a foundation with the program. They failed to win and did not have a foundation. I do not know the terms of his buyout at ASU but I think his contract went through 2021. He was making $3.2 million at ASU.. CSU was paying Bobo $ 2 Million so I am sure they will go to over $2 for a HC. To me Graham would be a better choice than Leavitt.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back