What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Official 2019/20 CFB Coaching Carousel

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Harrell 3 year contract means nothing in regards to HCIW or hamstringing the next HCs options. Chump change to USC football.
Yeah, pretty standard to retain a guy with options, IMO, and what are they going to do; retain Helton against massive public opinion and then let his OC walk? Means nothing for 2021

Retaining Helton is not a horrible move if a top college coach moves to the NFL which could happen. Better to wait and be the top destination next year since since the potential for a large opening exists due to major NFL jobs like the Cowboys being open.

Leavitt still unemployed, FHCMM is he still with ole miss? his Twitter shows nothing.
MM was retained by Kiffin as DC there, so yes. I really thought Leavitt should have been the target at CSU. Knows Colorado, knows the West, good defensive coach and brings an attitude that CSU could definitely use. Questions would have been about his ability to assemble a staff and maybe money? I wonder if part of the decision to hire Adazzio was because BC is still paying him?

MM was retained by Kiffin as DC there, so yes. I really thought Leavitt should have been the target at CSU. Knows Colorado, knows the West, good defensive coach and brings an attitude that CSU could definitely use. Questions would have been about his ability to assemble a staff and maybe money? I wonder if part of the decision to hire Adazzio was because BC is still paying him?
FHCMM needs to up his Twitter game BIG time then. Knew he sukd here at it, now non-existent. Toytally agree with Your Leavitt thoughts.

Retaining Helton is not a horrible move if a top college coach moves to the NFL which could happen. Better to wait and be the top destination next year since since the potential for a large opening exists due to major NFL jobs like the Cowboys being open.

They're not going to be the top destination next year. Harbaugh could leave Michigan. Saban may retire if he gets another title. Its not a carousel if you don't mention Gus Malzahn's name, and that's going to be an attractive gig if he leaves Auburn. Tom Herman's probably one more stinker of a season from getting canned.

They're paying Adazzio $1.5 million, so they did not really do much to offset his buyout.

They're not going to be the top destination next year. Harbaugh could leave Michigan. Saban may retire if he gets another title. Its not a carousel if you don't mention Gus Malzahn's name, and that's going to be an attractive gig if he leaves Auburn. Tom Herman's probably one more stinker of a season from getting canned.

USC >>>>> Michigan

In my mind, USC is the best job, right now, in any year. Following Saban will not be fun. The SC job is so well setup for someone to bomb it. Just like when Pete Carroll did it the first time.

You'd agree with me on Texas though, yes? That's the best job in the country-no reason that program shouldn't be contending for championships every year.
I think when it comes down to those top 5-6 jobs, there really isn't one that is better than the other. It comes down to how you fit with each one, if that makes sense. There are coaches out there who would take the USC job over anything else. There are also coaches would take the Texas job number one. It just comes down to what you are good at and what you need help with.

Addazio was on Crackman’s show yesterday. It was awful. The guy has zero charisma. Afterward they were apparently getting a lot of angry texts from csu fans.

I caught the tail end of that. They were saying there was a "tone" that is pretty uncommon when they interview people. They thought maybe if they brought him back in 3 months things would be different. Did anyone hear the whole thing? What actually happened and went sideways?

Is this official? Missed it.

Edit: saw above after posting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back