What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Official 2019/20 CFB Coaching Carousel

Status
Not open for further replies.
You'd agree with me on Texas though, yes? That's the best job in the country-no reason that program shouldn't be contending for championships every year.

Texas and USC seem like very similar jobs. Walk out of the door and they're both flooded with talent to recruit, endless money, but also endless dumbassery from above the AD. USC probably has an easier path to the CFB playoff since there's no Oklahoma equivalent in the P12, but Texas probably has some other advantages.. like getting to run their own conference.

In my mind, USC is the best job, right now, in any year. Following Saban will not be fun. The SC job is so well setup for someone to bomb it. Just like when Pete Carroll did it the first time.
Spot on.

Look at Bama after Bear, impossible expectations. No matter who replaces him it will be hard to deal with the politics involved with the coaching staff members who want the job and didn't get it. Anytime something goes wrong the complaint will be that Saban would have done it differently.

Michigan comes with the expectations of beating tOSU who is up right now. The B1G also has a couple other big road blocks going on.

The SC job comes with resources, comes with a great recruiting ground and advantages, comes with history. Whoever gets that job though will also have a lot more slack to work with. They have been down enough that for the first few years all he has to do is make things "Better." This in a conference that lacks a real power at the top that stands in the way of success.

In addition SC comes with LA, the coach can be on the national media, be a star.

USC should be last and then they should go from there. You can’t keep a coach at USC who is recruiting at a G5 level. It’s an abomination.

And you guys wonder why I think USC's a far inferior job to Texas, Michigan, or Alabama (all of which could open in the next couple years)-clueless leadership. This goes back to Max Nikias as Prez and Haden/Swann as AD. I get Carol Folt's dealing with multiple scandals right now (college admissions, George Tyndall, Carmen Puliafito, Andy Enfield and that mess of a men's basketball program), but I'm going to circle back to the point I made ad nauseum on here during our years at the bottom (which coincided with Mike Bohn's tenure here strangely enough): Excellence on the football field can open so many doors for a university. If she understood that, she would not have hired Mike Bohn to run that AD. I'd challenge anyone on here to find a more incompetent sitting power 5 AD. He claims "recruiting is going dramatically better than anybody wants to admit" (which is a flat out lie-they are 79th in the country and dead last in the Pac 12) and "frustration from the base doesn't help us with that" in the piece I linked.

You don't get it if you mention Michigan as a great job. Clueless leadership applies there as well, maybe moreso.
I’m curious, why? I know a decent amount of UM fans and they all think their AD as a whole is rolling. Obviously football is the flagship sport and they can’t beat OSU, but Harbaugh at the time seemed like a great fit. Even now, 9-10 wins a season is tough to get rid of, although they probably will next year.

I’m curious, why? I know a decent amount of UM fans and they all think their AD as a whole is rolling. Obviously football is the flagship sport and they can’t beat OSU, but Harbaugh at the time seemed like a great fit. Even now, 9-10 wins a season is tough to get rid of, although they probably will next year.

If I'm Matt Campbell or somebody like him and I've got a choice between the two, I'm going to Ann Arbor. You may work for an idiot at both schools (I don't know much about the Michigan athletic director, but I do know USC's AD is the worst in the power 5), but you're more likely to get what you need to succeed at Michigan.

You don't get it if you mention Michigan as a great job. Clueless leadership applies there as well, maybe moreso.

I don't know enough about the Michigan AD Manuel. I do know a lot about Mike Bohn, though. Two successful FB/MBB hires I know of in Luke Fickell and Tad Boyle, and he lucked into both of them. He played a part in the decision to keep Danny Clarence Hawkins a year too long here at least, and then didn't have the balls to stand up to McCartney and the alums during the search that gave us Embree. His first big decision at USC was to keep a football coach who is recruiting there at a G5 level, and he justified that by claiming a) recruiting is going a lot better than fans think and b) blame their struggles in recruiting on the fans.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back