What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Official 2019/20 CFB Coaching Carousel

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll be interested to see what he makes at Tennessee. Would imagine it would have to take quite a bit more to get him to leave CU after one season with his son on the team.
I think Boulder was not a cultural fit for the family. If you follow Legend on twitter, then you know what I mean.

Nonetheless, good luck to them. Coach Brumbaugh definitely helped elevate our DL talent. I'm sure he will do well in Knoxville.

I don't think you can just assume that 100k will go directly to the new DL coach since we will likely have to pay a buyout to get someone here.

There may be some raises that have yet to be announced that would potentially eat into that $450k. Multiple schools were after Kap and could see a couple other staff members in line for a bump also.

I bet there is no buyout involved. Probably notified Tucker and said his last day will be Friday, thereby not triggering the buyout clause. I Mel decides he doesn't want him around for a week, that is up to him, but there wouldn't be a buyout.

There may be some raises that have yet to be announced that would potentially eat into that $450k. Multiple schools were after Kap and could see a couple other staff members in line for a bump also.
You're probably right, but the $450k was already built into Brumbaugh's contract for this year, assuming they factored in potential raises for other staff members in year two.

You're probably right, but the $450k was already built into Brumbaugh's contract for this year, assuming they factored in potential raises for other staff members in year two.
I’m sure they factored in contractual year 2 increases, but could see off-schedule increases and/or extensions being a net add, but who knows just get us another recruiter!!

Damn, that sucks about Brumbaugh. Kind of late in the game to be looking for assistant coaches but I’m curious who our legitimate options are.

[QUOTE="Buffalumni, post: 2801568, member: Kind of late in the game to be looking for assistant coaches.
[/QUOTE]for an alternative perspective, sealing the class before dealing with change is a positive.

I bet there is no buyout involved. Probably notified Tucker and said his last day will be Friday, thereby not triggering the buyout clause. I Mel decides he doesn't want him around for a week, that is up to him, but there wouldn't be a buyout.

You sound like not the guy in charge of contracts for CU

damnit. The mind boggles how a dude can just walk out of a contract halfway through without a buyout, but if we fired him you know we'd be paying him the full $450k buyout

There won't be a buyout. Tennessee isn't so stupid that they won't wait to finalize the contract and CU wouldn't want to poison the well for attracting new assistants by making a federal case out of it to get $100k.

The only thing we have to worry about is who our next DL coach will be.

Regarding Chris Wilson, I get why Buffs on the staff and in the AD would be following him on twitter. They know him from when he coached here. But I can't think of a reason other than real smoke here that explains why a 2020 signee like Jordan Berry would have started following.

I think there's some smoke around Chris Wilson. I'd be happy if that's where we land.

I noticed he was here in 2000-2004 as defensive line coach, I excuse my ignorance on that. Outside of 2003 (5-7) we posted some solid defensive numbers with him here. Defensive line isn’t an entire defense but the 2002 team only gave up 23.2 (39/117 teams) points a game, 195 passing yards and 170 rushing yards a game, good for 39th. I couldn’t find any stat sacks beyond 2004 so I will ignorantly assume the fact the defense was decently good and improved for 3 straight years 2000-02, was because we were able to get pressure.

Regarding Chris Wilson, I get why Buffs on the staff and in the AD would be following him on twitter. They know him from when he coached here. But I can't think of a reason other than real smoke here that explains why a 2020 signee like Jordan Berry would have started following.

Is Wilson a good-to-great recruiter?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back