What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Official 2019/20 CFB Coaching Carousel

Status
Not open for further replies.
SIAP.

Marvin Lewis is joining the ASU staff as co-DC. Herm's got such a tight network of guys who will be there to step up when he calls.

That isn't that attractive a job-even if you take out the off the field stuff they're dealing with, you're still dealing with Ohio State, Michigan, and Penn State every year. Fickell can hold out for a better gig-Cincy is going to be one of the favorites to get the G5 NY6 bowl spot in 2020. The only two coaches who are still coaching the G5 teams they've led to the NY6 are Bryan Harsin (Boise 2014) and Josh Heupel (who basically led Frosty the Coachman's recruits to the NY6 after last year). Herman's the only other guy IIRC who has taken a team to the NY6 out of the G5 and NOT left for a P5 gig right away (because he was holding out for Texas). Pat Narduzzi isn't taking that gig-he's got an easier path to success where he is. I'd stay away from any candidate with ties to Jim Tressel/Mark Dantonio if I'm them anyway-That's a program that needs a coach with no off the field issues.

If I'm them, my first call is Robert Saleh-he's got all kinds of ties there, his name has never been hotter than it is at the moment, and they could sell it as a fresh start of sorts. He also comes off as the type with a personality that would transition really well to the college game. He's also in a similar boat to the one EB currently is in-I think if both he and EB were white, they'd be head coaches in the NFL. I've read about some minority ACs in the NFL with aspirations of being head coaches thinking about going back to college football (see the link below).

Saleh's in the same boat EB is-If he and EB were white, they'd have gotten jobs this cycle in the NFL. His stock-especially given the Niners don't have a game changer at QB (I think Jimmy G is a slightly better Kyle Orton) may not ever get higher.

A little more detail to that

Losing Tony White to ‘Cuse hurts. He was a good recruiter for them. Pierce as Co DC may reduce his time on the recruiting trail too. ASU has had a lot of turnover on their staff this year. It will be interesting to see what impact that has next year.

Losing Tony White to ‘Cuse hurts. He was a good recruiter for them. Pierce as Co DC may reduce his time on the recruiting trail too. ASU has had a lot of turnover on their staff this year. It will be interesting to see what impact that has next year.
I see The Co-DC thing working for Lewis to be the architect of the D and bring Pierce along, but Pierce will still be recruiting. Otherwise you just give the gig to him.

I see The Co-DC thing working for Lewis to be the architect of the D and bring Pierce along, but Pierce will still be recruiting. Otherwise you just give the gig to him.
It seems like a very wired combo because they are both linebacker coaches. Pierce might still have some NFL offers coming his way too.

Lewis has virtually had this role for a while now.

Lewis has virtually had this role for a while now.
That is really the only explanation for why White would leave for Cuse. Seems like a pretty risky move on Herm's part as that staff is starting to disband already. If they lose Pierce to the NFL it would be a disaster for them but he does seem more of a fit in the college game.

That is really the only explanation for why White would leave for Cuse. Seems like a pretty risky move on Herm's part as that staff is starting to disband already. If they lose Pierce to the NFL it would be a disaster for them but he does seem more of a fit in the college game.
Lewis was getting 1:1 meetings with Herm w/o the coordinators and position coaches.

That isn't that attractive a job-even if you take out the off the field stuff they're dealing with, you're still dealing with Ohio State, Michigan, and Penn State every year. Fickell can hold out for a better gig-Cincy is going to be one of the favorites to get the G5 NY6 bowl spot in 2020. The only two coaches who are still coaching the G5 teams they've led to the NY6 are Bryan Harsin (Boise 2014) and Josh Heupel (who basically led Frosty the Coachman's recruits to the NY6 after last year). Herman's the only other guy IIRC who has taken a team to the NY6 out of the G5 and NOT left for a P5 gig right away (because he was holding out for Texas). Pat Narduzzi isn't taking that gig-he's got an easier path to success where he is. I'd stay away from any candidate with ties to Jim Tressel/Mark Dantonio if I'm them anyway-That's a program that needs a coach with no off the field issues.

If I'm them, my first call is Robert Saleh-he's got all kinds of ties there, his name has never been hotter than it is at the moment, and they could sell it as a fresh start of sorts. He also comes off as the type with a personality that would transition really well to the college game. He's also in a similar boat to the one EB currently is in-I think if both he and EB were white, they'd be head coaches in the NFL. I've read about some minority ACs in the NFL with aspirations of being head coaches thinking about going back to college football (see the link below).

Saleh's in the same boat EB is-If he and EB were white, they'd have gotten jobs this cycle in the NFL. His stock-especially given the Niners don't have a game changer at QB (I think Jimmy G is a slightly better Kyle Orton) may not ever get higher.

Saleh probably has some bargaining chips and should be able to get this job with the same contract as Frosty. $5 million a year for 7 years!!! They need a clean slate.

The When will this end? Carousel Update:

New stuff noted with an UPDATE tag.

Filled Jobs:

Washington St.-
Leach weighs anchor and heads to the SEC. Hawaii's Nick Rolovich the new Head Coog (H/t DeNiro)

Mississippi St.- The Pirate lands in Starkville, cowbell in hand. (h/t ZKobalt) Leach gets $5MM for 4 yrs. (h/t Deniro)

SDSU- Rocky Long steps down, Brady Hoke takes over. That fat bastard Hoke lets Jashon Sykes go.

Rutgers- Chris Ash out (h/t dwyermj), Nunzio Campanile was interim. Schiano back for Round 2 (h/t Jalapeno).

Washington-
On and off the Carousel in what may be world record time, Peterson out, Lake in. (h/t MKBuffs) Shout out to onealcd for his swami-like predictive powers on this one. John Donovan new OC (h/t Duff)

Florida State- Willie Taggert out after less than two years. (h/t vinniew_11). Mike Norvell in. (h/t CarolinaBuff) Leavitt gone (h/t Trufflesauce). Haggins retained as DL (h/t DeNiro). Fmr. Auburn OC/QB Ken Dillingham filling same role at FSU. (h/t DeNiro).

Ole Miss- Matt Luke is out (h/t jeric). The Lane train rolls into Oxford, Lane Kiffin in, stiffing Arky. (h/t DeNiro, ahoelsken, Hawg) Love, S and C from FAU follows. RichRod sent packing (h/t ahoelsken)

Arkansas- Chad Morris is out. Could not win even one SEC game. (h/t Duff). UGA OL coach Sam Pittman in. Fmr. Mizzou HC Barry Odom now DC (h/t Duff). Kendal Briles OC (h/t DeNiro).

Mizzou- Barry Odom out. (h/t Duff) Eli Drinkwitz in (h/t DeNiro), a $4MMper year. Ted Roof added to staff (h/t bombay). Ryan Walters and David Gibbs stay on staff.

UNLV- Sanchez does not survive. (h/t Jens). Ced Cormier is WR coach on UNLV's staff, I hope he lands on his feet. Arroyo Oregon DC in (h/t DeNiro)

USF- Charlie Strong is out. (h/t DeNiro) Clemson co-OC Jeff Scott in. (h/t DeNiro) Strong gets $3MM buyout. Dan DaPrato gets an AC position (h/t TSchek).

UTSA- Frank Wilson out. (h/t DeNiro) Jeff Traylor, from Arky, in. (h/t DeNiro) Barry Lunney, also from Arky to be OC.

Old Dominion- Bobby Wilder resigns (h/t DeNiro) Ricky Rhane from PSU in. (h/t OUBUFF)

Colorado St.- Bobo out (h/t 85Alum) Steve "dude" Addazio (h/t Jens) Urb's S in L and Dude's son get jobs on the csewe staff. (h/t Dio). S & C flees to FAU, QB Collin Hill just flees. Ball St.'s Joey Lynch OC (h/t DeNiro)

FAU- Kiffin out, to Ole Miss, Willie Taggart in (h/t DeNiro) Jim Leavitt DC (h/t Duff)

Boston College- Steve Addizzio out. (h/t DeNiro) Ryan Hefley, tOSU DC gets gig (h/t DeNiro).

App. State- Drinkwitz off to Mizzou. Interim Shawn Clark takes over (h/t DeNiro).

Memphis- Norvell off to FSU, Ryan Sutterfield in (h/t DeNiro).

University of Almost Mexico- Bob Davie out. (h/t Black Dynamite) Danny Gonzales ASU DC in (h/t Buffnik). UPDATE: In a big WTF moment, Rocky Long returns to UNM to be DC after resigning as HC at SDSU. (h/t Deniro).

Fresno St.- Tedford steps down for health reasons, Indiana OC Kalen DeBoer in. (h/t DeNiro)

Bailer- Matt Rhule off to Carolina. (h/t onealcd) Dave Aranda finally gets a HC gig.

Hawaii- Rolovich to Wazzu. Todd Graham to his newest dream job. (h/t ZKobalt)

Open Jobs:

Michigan St.- Mark Dantonio resigns, allegedly steps ahead of NCAA investigators. (h/t ZKobalt).

Secondary Market-

None

Possibles
:

None

Other News
:

Oregon- Joe Moorhead new OC.

LSU- Joe Brady, fmr. OC off to the Panthers. (h/t Darth) UPDATE: Bo Peep back to the bayou as DC (h/t nolabuff).

MIssouri St.- Hires Petrino, (h/t Bombay). No word yet on motorcycle allowance.

Arizona- Gets defensive about its DC and fires him, and one defensive AC. (h/t Jens). Chuck Cecil now DC (h/t ahoelsken). Fired their DL coach, Sumlin dropping defensive AC's on a near weekly basis. (h/t DeNiro). Sumlin back for year three (h/t Jens) Paul Rhoads now DC (h/t BuffUp).

ASU- Herm guns down his OC and pretty much the whole O staff. Boise OC Zak Hill hired as OC (h/t DeNiro) Tony White new DC (h/t BuffUp) Herm extended to 2024 (h/t Sewall Beach)

USC- hires Mike Bohn as AD (h/t ZKobalt), 11 other P12 programs chuckling uncontrollably. Harrell stays as OC (h/t DeNiro), DC Pendergast and S and C axed (h/t Hawg1).

Minnesota- PJ Fleck extended for 7 years, kNU in mourning.

Indiana- Tom Allen negotiating a raise, and presumably, an extension. kNU mourns more. Nick Sheridan promoted to OC (h/t DeNiro)

kNU- Frost extended by two years, then promptly loses, again, to Wiscy. (h/t blackdynamite) kNU extends no bowl streak with loss to Iowa.

BYU- Kilani 'the Mushroom" Sitaki extended.

No. Colorado- Earnest Hollings gets the axe. (h/t ahoelsken) Eddie McCaffrey new head Bear (h/t ahoelsken). Dave Baldwin OC, Marty English DC booted, Max McCaffrey likely to coach WR's. (h/t BearFiend).

Northwestern- McCall the OC/QB canned. (h/t DeNiro) Mike Bajakian new OC (h/t DeNiro)

Texas St.- Bob Stitt out (h/t DeNiro)

ISU/Matt Campbell- Extension signed through 2025 (h/t TSchek)

Tejas- Chris Ash new DC (h/t somebody, I forgot) tOSU passing Coord. Yurcich the new OC (h/t DeNiro)

Oregon St.- Bigger AC pool (h/t DeNiro)

Liberty- Hugh Freeze gets raise (h/t DeNiro)

Mike Bobo- Lands OC gig at So. Carolina for $1.2 MM/yr.

No. Carolina- Mack Brown extended

Notre Dame- OC Chip Long gone (h/t dwyermj)

UGA- Matt Luke now OL, Todd Monken the new OC (Uncle Luko).

Auburn- Chad Morris retreads to the plains. (h/t Hawg)

SMU- Dykes get extensions. (h/t DeNiro)

Miami- Dan Enos canned. (h/t DeNiro)

Vandy- Mason pulls the old fire the coordinator trick as fmr. Corn****er Gdowski and and Jason Tarver out as OC and DC respectively. (h/t DeNiro)

TT- Todd Orlando lands in Lubbock as AHC/LB. (h/t DeNiro)

Memphis- Charles Clark DB coach (h/t TSchek), MikMac DC (h/t Sewall Beach)

Bobby P- Lands at Missouri St. (Zapata) [insert volleyball player joke here]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back