What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Official 2020 Fall Camp Thread

Go root for the Bug Eaters if you think this staff is so bad.
It for sure doesn’t help and has the potential to hurt momentum if a recruit reads the boards. Plus, it just frustrates people who actually want to support the staff and give them a chance.
I’m here for the lessons in how to be a proper fan, so thanks for this.

You seem pretty critical of people being critical
That is hilarious. Pointing out that it doesn’t help anything to be super negative and crush the staff before the team has even played a snap makes me critical? Um, yeah, guilty as charged then.

I thought i was usually a negative person. Jeesh. Some of you need your shoelaces taken away.
Some of us have been screaming about the same things for over a decade. Then every year superfans come by to parade the excuses... And then the same thing happens every year.

The truth is that CU is bad at football. Not mediocre, but bad. And until we get staff and administration that can focus on a long-term and viable strategy, then we will continue to be bad.

RG had the right strategy with Tucker. He got burned, but he should have kept with it. The writing is on the wall for KD,. We have seen this roster mismanagement over and over again. We have seen this **** recruiting over and over again.

Babar is right, if there’s one thing the best football programs in the country have in common, it’s a patient fan base.
Oh, didn’t realize you were trying to help the program be the best. I thought you didn’t think you had any power.

Some of us have been screaming about the same things for over a decade. Then every year superfans come by to parade the excuses... And then the same thing happens every year.

The truth is that CU is bad at football. Not mediocre, but bad. And until we get staff and administration that can focus on a long-term and viable strategy, then we will continue to be bad.

RG had the right strategy with Tucker. He got burned, but he should have kept with it. The writing is on the wall for KD,. We have seen this roster mismanagement over and over again. We have seen this **** recruiting over and over again.
Yawn. Some of us have criticized shawn watson's vanilla offense in 2000, bashed a j christoff in 97 for his inability to defend the option.

Glad to know you've already written off KD. I for one am excited CU actually gets to play in spite of being in the worst managed P5 league. I'm also excited we finally turned the page on the most frustrating qb in distant memory. This season is the icing on a turd burger of a year. I couldn't be more excited. Go buffs!

1. You keep acting like momentum is a thing that can be accomplished without skilled salespeople as ACs. Who are these mythical assistants on staff that can spread the gospel of Dorrell? He may not be tied to them forever, but he is tied to them through the bulk of this recruiting cycle.
2. We will not contend for anything relevant this season. It seems like we have terrible upperclass options at QB. Why not give game run to a player who will be available when we return to relevant play in future seasons?
3. I agree that there’s a lot of difficulty handicapping this season, but bad is bad. This team will not win more than two games. Hoping we have a better record and not getting game time evaluations of players who will be here going forward is a big mistake.
1. No I'm not. 35 years of sales, run my own sales agency bud! Recruiting is tough. We don't have great recruiters. WE GET IT.

2. It's window dressing. The perception of the CU program today is Midnight Mel bolted for a parallel job with all kinds of issues in a ****ty climate. We can help that window dressing by looking like a well-run operation.

All the QBs have this year and next still available to them. The starter could be back next year. The backup likely leaves. The Frosh should play, I hope he does (if he has done what they've asked him to do). Ease him in if he's working hard and shows potential. But we don't really even know that. He could be a total ****-clown and we wouldn't know it.

That will conclude my thoughts on this subject until a much later time. Too many unknowns to be as sure as you are!

Last edited:
1. No I'm not. 35 years of sales, run my own sales agency bud! Recruiting is tough. We don't have great recruiters. WE GET IT.

2. It's window dressing. The perception of the CU program today is Midnight Mel bolted for a parallel job with all kinds of issues in a ****ty climate. We can help that window dressing by looking like a well-run operation.

All the QBs have this year and next still available to them. The starter could be back next year. The backup likely leaves. The Frosh should play, I hope he does (if he has done what they've asked him to do). Ease him in if he's working hard and shows potential. But we don't really even know that. He could be a total ****-clown and we wouldn't know it.

That will conclude my thoughts on this subject until a much later time. Too many unknowns to be as sure as you are!
Since you’re rich, let’s bet this season’s win total.

PS: it is scary that you have any connection to sales and ignore 20+ years of CU sales data. We don’t get bounces in recruiting commensurate with on field success. We only win in recruiting when the AC staff is lights out on the road.

Last edited:
The fatalism and negativity towards the staff is really perplexing. Anyone claiming it is a failure already is positioning themselves very curiously: 1) rooting against the staff to be “right” in their assessment, or 2) wanting them to be successful, since it means the Buffs are successful, but hindering their efforts by spewing unhelpful opinions.

I don’t get it, fellas. I am starting to chalk up any of the doom and gloom crowd as being guys who aren’t secure if their own personal accomplishments and instead focus on judging others.
Who was your choice for HC? Where was Dorrell on you list?

Mine was Sark. Dorrell not even on same page. Massive gap between the two.

Back