What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Official 2020 Fall Camp Thread

I want some of what you're drinking-as far as Wilner's piece.......let me say this. Preseason predictions for the leagues that haven't started yet are tough-and probably rely on a fair amount of assumptions (like CU relying on Lytle or Noyer at least to start is a bad thing because they don't have a lot of experience between them). I also think he overrespects Stanford because he's out there. That's not the Bryce Love/Run CMC Cardinal of old, and they've also been killed by opt-outs (Little and Adebo to name two IIRC). That is a very winnable game.

giphy.gif

Maxie brought up was the offense runs a lot of plays to the perimeter with a lot of short passes trying to get the ball to the playmakers.
THIS is the most disappointing bit of information I have read all summer/fall. 2018 was so frustrating watching all of the bubble throws to the perimeter over and over. Successful offense schemes throw down field. I am going to begin drinking NOW

Just read the update on rivals about the safeties and one thing that Maxie brought up was the offense runs a lot of plays to the perimeter with a lot of short passes trying to get the ball to the playmakers. To me this is sounding a lot like the 2018 offense Chev ran. We shall see, but starting to put pieces together it tells me this offense will be very similar to 2018, just won't have Viska.
giphy.gif

That seems like the best use of our personnel-but I want a much better running game than what we had two years ago.
This is why I am hoping that we’ll run a Power Air Raid and emulate programs like OU and North Carolina who incorporate a stronger run game with the Air Raid passing game.

Lol a first year Safeties coach saying they are defending short passes in the hands of their playmakers. So basically every college offense in the country?
Our offense does a lot of perimeter runs and a lot of perimeter, short passes to try to get (the ball) in their playmakers’ hands and let them run.
Take it as you will but that was the offense in 2018. I think the biggest issue in 2018 on offense was the lack of other playmakers, the oline talent, and the oline blocking scheme was complete garbage. They pulled a guard on every play and teams easily figured it out and gashed those gaps. Adams truly thought he was smarter than everyone else.

I am excited about what Chev can do in 2020 as his concepts weren’t necessarily bad in 2018, he just lacked playmakers and his oline was as bad as you could have. Just thought the comment was interesting as that was the offense to the ‘T’ in 2018, at least scheme wise.

Last edited:
Just read the update on rivals about the safeties and one thing that Maxie brought up was the offense runs a lot of plays to the perimeter with a lot of short passes trying to get the ball to the playmakers. To me this is sounding a lot like the 2018 offense Chev ran. We shall see, but starting to put pieces together it tells me this offense will be very similar to 2018, just won't have Viska.
Oh sweet so now instead of a bubble screen going for 5 yards because Viska bulls through 4 guys, it's going to be for 0 yards!

giphy.gif

dynomite.jpg

I know we have been using the term power air raid, but really it seems like we’re describing the power spread or smashmouth spread offense. Here are a couple articles talking about some of the varieties of ways teams are employing power concepts within spread systems, and some of the different spread systems in general. Don’t think we go classic air raid, but it will be something between power spread and pro-style spread.

https://www.footballstudyhall.com/2...-spread-wake-forest-kansas-state-joe-moorhead

https://www.footballstudyhall.com/2...-offense-smashmouth-option-air-raid-pro-style

It’s obviously a HIPPA situation, but it would be nice to know exactly what the medical situation is.

Those quotes from Karl today about the QBs being close and the offense being sluggish are not good things when it comes to the QB competition. Either one in isolation is ok (eh, QBs being close is never good, but you can hope it is just coach speak). Ugh.
Plays to the perimeter and quick screens scream to me bad QB play

THIS is the most disappointing bit of information I have read all summer/fall. 2018 was so frustrating watching all of the bubble throws to the perimeter over and over. Successful offense schemes throw down field. I am going to begin drinking NOW
We don't have a QB capable of throwing downfield.
Its why I find Manhattan talk of scheme a joke.

It’s also why I find you banging the drum for a guy who’s inaccurate a joke.
Dude.
I dont care about DM. I think he is an adequate QB and he is in the transfer portal.

The bigger issue is that CU currently has no QB and needs a transfer. If not DM then go after someone else.

Back