What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Official 2021 Football Season Prediction Thread

How many regular season wins will CU have in 2021

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I’m thinking elevensies.
rob reiner lol GIF by Maudit

Another is this message. For those of you confident with 6+ field wins against the Buffs’ schedule, you’re essentially saying they’re a top 25 quality team:

🤔

That says a random top 25 team would have a 98% chance to win 6 against CU's schedule. That's not the same as saying winning 6 against CU's schedule requires a top 25 quality team.

🤔

That says a random top 25 team would have a 98% chance to win 6 against CU's schedule. That's not the same as saying winning 6 against CU's schedule requires a top 25 quality team.
Gonna have to disagree with you there. The assessments are about tiers. An actual best 25 program gets 6+ with great frequency. Predicting 6 wins for this team at the moment means that you think the team will produce that result with a high degree of certainty. The other result about 9+ wins for an average best 25 team at 55% means that to have a winning season, you feel like this team is at least competitive with the teams in that tier.

Gonna have to disagree with you there. The assessments are about tiers. An actual best 25 program gets 6+ with great frequency. Predicting 6 wins for this team at the moment means that you think the team will produce that result with a high degree of certainty. The other result about 9+ wins for an average best 25 team at 55% means that to have a winning season, you feel like this team is at least competitive with the teams in that tier.

Meh. 9 wins isn't 6, obviously.

I'm guessing if they ran the same numbers a team in the 30-40 range would have a little better than 50% chance of winning 6 against CU's schedule.

Meh. 9 wins isn't 6, obviously.

I'm guessing if they ran the same numbers a team in the 30-40 range would have a little better than 50% chance of winning 6 against CU's schedule.
That’s a different argument. In this poll, the question is ‘how many will Colorado win?’ Expressed certainty isn’t the same as “probably” or “hope”. My only point is that having that much certainty means that you think Colorado is a top 25 team.

That’s a different argument. In this poll, the question is ‘how many will Colorado win?’ Expressed certainty isn’t the same as “probably” or “hope”. My only point is that having that much certainty means that you think Colorado is a top 25 team.

Got it.

Is ~top 25 *that* outrageous though? Veteran defense and it’s real possible they are better with the DC change. The offense has a stud RB, playmakers at WR, and a starting QB that adds a different dimension that we haven’t had. And we have several all-conference caliber players. Depth is devastatingly concerning but overall I think there’s a lot to like in the starting units.

Don’t get me wrong tho, this is probably the last enjoyable season for a few seasons if we do actually win 6+. Dorrell is scared of competition in recruiting and we are going to pay that bill before long.

Man, the doom and gloom in this thread is crazy. This team was 4-2 last year, while playing SAM NOYER as QB. Yeah, the kid who got moved to safety under MT because he was never going to see the field. We're returning a RB who went for 900 yards in 6 games and was one of the most dynamic players in the country. We have two preseason All Conference LBs, Mekhi Blackmon is a preseason all conference 2nd teamer, and we have a pretty dynamic WR group as well.

I definitely don't think that we're winning the conference or anything like that, but the level of pessimism from this fanbase is crazy every year. I voted for 6 wins from this group, but I could realistically see up to 8.

I'm not usually so optimistic about the University of Colorado Golden Buffaloes football team. I also usually believe that starting a freshman QB is good for a couple of losses that would otherwise be wins. Strangely, though, I believe this team will outperform the expectations of most.

Is ~top 25 *that* outrageous though? Veteran defense and it’s real possible they are better with the DC change. The offense has a stud RB, playmakers at WR, and a starting QB that adds a different dimension that we haven’t had. And we have several all-conference caliber players. Depth is devastatingly concerning but overall I think there’s a lot to like in the starting units.

Don’t get me wrong tho, this is probably the last enjoyable season for a few seasons if we do actually win 6+. Dorrell is scared of competition in recruiting and we are going to pay that bill before long.
I was going to say the same thing about this being the best team we'll see for a while, but I think 2022 could also be pretty good, especially if Lewis is legit and continues to develop. They're going to return a lot next year.

Top 25 does seem outrageous, yes.

Man, the doom and gloom in this thread is crazy. This team was 4-2 last year, while playing SAM NOYER as QB. Yeah, the kid who got moved to safety under MT because he was never going to see the field. We're returning a RB who went for 900 yards in 6 games and was one of the most dynamic players in the country. We have two preseason All Conference LBs, Mekhi Blackmon is a preseason all conference 2nd teamer, and we have a pretty dynamic WR group as well.

I definitely don't think that we're winning the conference or anything like that, but the level of pessimism from this fanbase is crazy every year. I voted for 6 wins from this group, but I could realistically see up to 8.
I appreciate the sentiment. Getting demolished by Utah and Texas after Landman went down took a lot of luster off what was an aligning of all possible stars that got us to 4-0 prior to that.

Until proven otherwise...

1629826568809.png

I appreciate the sentiment. Getting demolished by Utah and Texas after Landman went down took a lot of luster off what was an aligning of all possible stars that got us to 4-0 prior to that.

Until proven otherwise...

View attachment 46228
I look at it this way...

2020 Season vs 2021 Season- Did we get better?

QB- We are better than last year
RB- Better. Brou is back and another year removed from injury. Throw in Fontenot and Deion Smith back as well.
WR- Similar group but more experience
OL- Lost Will Sherman but gained Wray. We'll see how this all shakes out, but my guess would be a wash on the OL as a whole.

DL- It's quite possible that we didn't lose any impact players 🤞 Better due to more experience and conditioning.
LBs- We have Landman back and gained depth and experience with Barnes and Lamb. I'd say we're better here than last year.
Secondary- Razor thin depth at Safety, but we were able to pick up some possible impact players there. Rest of secondary is similar but the big thing is Gonzalez will be bigger and faster than last year, same with Mark Perry. I'd say the secondary is primed to be better than 2020.

Coaching- Our players have had the same coach for consecutive years for the first time since Mike Mac!! The staff has a better idea of the strengths and weaknesses of this team and the players have another year in the system.

All this to say, how are so many of you picking us to be worse than last year? On paper it certainly doesn't appear that we should be. If anything, we should see an uptick.

You have a case that CU may be a better team, but the schedule is much more difficult.
In some aspects, yes. Our only G5 game last year was against a very good SDSU team on about 5 days notice. This year we get UNC. We also had UCLA, Stanford, AZ, and Utah as our in conference games. AZ was really the only team we were favored against during conference play.

Again, all in all, I'm picking 6-7 wins when factoring in everything that I've mentioned.

Back