What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Official 2021 Football Season Prediction Thread

How many regular season wins will CU have in 2021

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I'm curious why so many seem to see WR as a strength. Besides Stanley, who excites you/is in the top 1/3 of Pac12 WRs?

I'm curious why so many seem to see WR as a strength. Besides Stanley, who excites you/is in the top 1/3 of Pac12 WRs?
All three are super talented and were productive at times last year. Rice and Shenault were both very young last year and showed their potential when given the opportunities. Buff fans have reason to believe in those three.

Agree with everybody on Rice and Shenault showing flashes, but didn't they combine for like 10 catches last year? Not trying to be debbie downer, just feel like people are overly optimistic on this group.
Understandable, but there were not a lot balls going around last year. Hopefully a full season and Lewis increase opportunity exponentially.

Fwiw (not much!) Bonagura and Schlabach both included us in their bowl projections:

Jimmy Kimmel LA Bowl
SoFi Stadium (Inglewood, California)
7:30 p.m. on ABC and the ESPN App

Bonagura: Colorado vs. San Jose State

Date TBD

Redbox Bowl

Site TBD
Schlabach: ****braska vs. Colorado
Schlabach is clearly living in fantasy land.

Fwiw (not much!) Bonagura and Schlabach both included us in their bowl projections:

Jimmy Kimmel LA Bowl
SoFi Stadium (Inglewood, California)
7:30 p.m. on ABC and the ESPN App

Bonagura: Colorado vs. San Jose State

Date TBD

Redbox Bowl

Site TBD
Schlabach: ****braska vs. Colorado
Jack Nicholson Reaction GIF

Lewis' stat line from the bowl game AND season:

6/10 for 95 yards, no INTs, no TDs
9 carries for 73 yards, 1 TD

Now, he did somehow manage to parlay that into 21 points on 7 drives, but if anyone thinks it is automatic he is going to be a star this year, I believe you will be disappointed. I expect some growing pains, particularly in games like aTm, @ ASU, and USC out of the first 5.

It isn't that I don't like Lewis, I do. But he just doesn't have much experience to have our entire season riding on him.

That Minnesota game is of monumental importance. Lose that, and we could easily start the season 1-4. We have to win that game.

Last edited:
Lewis' stat line from the bowl game AND season:

6/10 for 95 yards, no INTs, no TDs
9 carries for 73 yards, 1 TD

Now, he did somehow manage to parlay that into 21 points on 7 drives, but if anyone thinks it is automatic he is going to be a star this year, I believe you will be disappointed. I expect some growing pains, particularly in games like aTm, @ ASU, and USC out of the first 5.

It isn't that I don't like Lewis, I do. But he just doesn't have much experience to have our entire season riding on him.

He probably plays a lot more in a normal 2020 season.

If he is the future at QB, the experience (or lack thereof) won't matter much in the end.

For 2021, the WR group is great. Stanley will be gone after the season and Vontae could very well be gone as well if he has a big year. Rice will be a stud for 21 and 22. Just not quite sure who fills their shoes after that
At the rate Chev is recruiting, Penry.

This is tough. My gut tells me five wins.

My heart tells me that the Buffs will be able to run the ball and play D, which should make a team very pesky in the PAC 12. Oddly, the player that I think could be the most unheralded when considering their chances for success is Chance Lytle. He played very well last year and I like our prospects of repeating As a dominant run team much better if that beast of a man is in the center of the line. Plus, how can you not cheer for that kid? Such a great story!

Revisiting this after two weeks and knowing a bit more about this team and it’s opponents.

1. The defense is absolutely legit and will keep CU in pretty much every game

2. As good as the defense has been, the offense has left a lot to be desired. The optimist in me thinks the defenses of the rest of the schedule lands somewhere in between UNC and A&M in the talent, speed, size, and athleticism department, so no, I don’t expect the offense to be as bad as it was in 2H yesterday.

3. The schedule doesn’t look as brutal as it did a couple weeks ago - UCLA looks like the cream of the South, with Utah, USC, and ASU all looking mediocre at best. Arizona continues to be terrible. UW looks terrible, Cal is once again not a dark horse, and Oregon State is mediocre.

End of the day, they are 1-1 and exactly where everyone thought they’d be after two weeks. I predicted 6 wins and am sticking to that. I think the defense will be great all year and the offense will continue to grow and get better, especially Lewis, but they HAVE to get Lewis more comfortable in the passing game. 57% comp for 191 and 1 TD/1 INT through two games is a tough look. The training wheels have to come off at some point and they need to create a QB-friendly passing game plan going forward. More PA, bootleg, sprint outs, moving pockets, etc.

Revisiting this after two weeks and knowing a bit more about this team and it’s opponents.

2. As good as the defense has been, the offense has left a lot to be desired. The optimist in me thinks the defenses of the rest of the schedule lands somewhere in between UNC and A&M in the talent, speed, size, and athleticism department, so no, I don’t expect the offense to be as bad as it was in 2H yesterday.

3. The schedule doesn’t look as brutal as it did a couple weeks ago - UCLA looks like the cream of the South, with Utah, USC, and ASU all looking mediocre at best. Arizona continues to be terrible. UW looks terrible, Cal is once again not a dark horse, and Oregon State is mediocre.

End of the day, they are 1-1 and exactly where everyone thought they’d be after two weeks. I predicted 6 wins and am sticking to that. I think the defense will be great all year and the offense will continue to grow and get better, especially Lewis, but they HAVE to get Lewis more comfortable in the passing game. 57% comp for 191 and 1 TD/1 INT through two games is a tough look. The training wheels have to come off at some point and they need to create a QB-friendly passing game plan going forward. More PA, bootleg, sprint outs, moving pockets, etc.

I see a catch-22. CU's defense and running game will keep them in every game this season. BLew needs to be allowed to air the ball out and make mistakes to grow as a passer. Dorrell seems too conservative to get BLew the necessary experience when he has a chance to win ugly.

Conference play will be vastly different. College football continues to be week to week. Did anybody give Stanford a shot against U$C? The 17.5 point dog Cardinal wins by two TDs.

Colorado’s main liabilities are its offensive game planning and lack of depth (anyone else notice that the pass rush evaportated after T. Lang went off hurt?).

This is still a 3-4 win team.

Conference play will be vastly different. College football continues to be week to week. Did anybody give Stanford a shot against U$C? The 17.5 point dog Cardinal wins by two TDs.

Colorado’s main liabilities are its offensive game planning and lack of depth (anyone else notice that the pass rush evaportated after T. Lang went off hurt?).

Appreciate your consistency.

Disagree. Stanford beating USC by two TDs plays into my point. USC remains average, along w the rest of the conference outside of Oregon and UCLA. CUs defense is far better than you or anyone else have wanted to give it credit for this off-season. CU also won’t see the same talent level they saw yesterday for the rest of the year outside of Oregon

Just so we’re clear, the Stanford “win” was 2 touchdowns. The Stanford beat down was way more than the score indicated (Numerous 50/50 balls trying to make it respectable and a few backups getting some play time for Stanford).

Disagree. Stanford beating USC by two TDs plays into my point. USC remains average, along w the rest of the conference outside of Oregon and UCLA. CUs defense is far better than you or anyone else have wanted to give it credit for this off-season. CU also won’t see the same talent level they saw yesterday for the rest of the year outside of Oregon
Shop’s open. Put up the dough.

Good points Yak-I'd add a couple things. One, USC also looked really bad (even though their week one final doesn't show that) against SJSU. Two, Oregon under Cristobal does have a history of losing games they shouldn't-Arizona State in 2019, UA and Wazzu in 2018, etc. UCLA's got a Fresno team coming in who gave Oregon all they could handle and then some in week one-would it surprise you if Fresno beat UCLA? It wouldn't me.

Back