What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Official 2023-24 MBB Season Thread

I need to call. I'm sure I put a deposit down on season bb tix, but I don't see it when I log into my CU account.

Someone from the ticket office is gonna see this post and go "Oh ****... I knew we forgot something..."
Part of it is that they need to finalize the schedule, specifically the # of home games.

That said, I would like to start finalizing some plans for this season, like Brooklyn and Florida.

Just looked at the roster. Its a young walkon group. Tristan Jackson was Colorado 3A a POY last yr, same as formerly heralded Nique several years ago. I'm thinking this is showing the recruitment has reached a higher level.

Just looked at the roster. Its a young walkon group. Tristan Jackson was Colorado 3A a POY last yr, same as formerly heralded Nique several years ago. I'm thinking this is showing the recruitment has reached a higher level.
I mean Nique was the 110 rated recruit in his class in the nation and number 1 player in the state.

He had a similar recruiting profile to Jaylin Williams and Jaden Ivey who are both in the NBA.

Nowhere near the same profile as Jackson. Jackson seems more similar to Amondo Miller Jr. A high level walk on that had opportunities at a lower level.

I mean Nique was the 110 rated recruit in his class in the nation and number 1 player in the state.

He had a similar recruiting profile to Jaylin Williams and Jaden Ivey who are both in the NBA.

Nowhere near the same profile as Jackson. Jackson seems more similar to Amondo Miller Jr. A high level walk on that had opportunities at a lower level.
Let's be honest though, the "experts" completely whiffed on Nique's ratings and should have known better at the time given what he accomplished, where, and against who.

Let's be honest though, the "experts" completely whiffed on Nique's ratings and should have known better at the time given what he accomplished, where, and against who.
Disagree. Ratings are about projecting potential, not evaluating how college-ready the player is out of HS. There's no denying Nique's build, athleticism and skill set as a package a talent evaluator would look at and rightfully conclude translated to "D1 multi-year starter with a shot at developing into an all conference or even professional basketball player). His ranking was spot on. It just didn't come together. Similar here was Fletch.

Disagree. Ratings are about projecting potential, not evaluating how college-ready the player is out of HS. There's no denying Nique's build, athleticism and skill set as a package a talent evaluator would look at and rightfully conclude translated to "D1 multi-year starter with a shot at developing into an all conference or even professional basketball player). His ranking was spot on. It just didn't come together. Similar here was Fletch.
Are you arguing we shouldn’t recruit Colorado players from lower classifications? Josh Scott, Wesley Gordon, Assane Diop (played 1a). Agree with Nik, he also was a 2020 Covid recruit so evaluations that year were tough because a lot of the national tournaments were axed.

While there were Jaden Ivey and Jaylin Williams in the same recruiting profile there was also Michael O’Connell from Stanford, Zeb Jackson Michigan/VCU, and Ben Carlson (Wisconsin/Utah) who id argue Nique has done more than in his college career so far.

Are you arguing we shouldn’t recruit Colorado players from lower classifications? Josh Scott, Wesley Gordon, Assane Diop (played 1a). Agree with Nik, he also was a 2020 Covid recruit so evaluations that year were tough because a lot of the national tournaments were axed.

While there were Jaden Ivey and Jaylin Williams in the same recruiting profile there was also Michael O’Connell from Stanford, Zeb Jackson Michigan/VCU, and Ben Carlson (Wisconsin/Utah) who id argue Nique has done more than in his college career so far.
First, let's be careful in lumping Lewis-Palmer and a national level basketball prep academy in with the VANGUARD SCHOOL. Secondly, I saw Nique play in HS and nothing he did warranted Top 150 national recruit. Dropping 20 and 10 against Manitou Springs wasn't it. And viola, whaddya know...

Fletcher was misused at CU, and could have been so much more for us.

Yes, the MAC is a step down from the PAC, but guy was nightly triple double threat and conference player of the year at Toledo.

Nique ain't on his level.

I'm a high school referee here. I'm skeptical about any local kid MBB signs because I don't think the level of talent on the boys side (regardless of classification) is that great.

I’m not going to say this is because of @Da Lama ’s post but I’m not going to rule it out.

You Know It GIF by MOODMAN

Have there been lottery pics from college that have not made the NCAA tourney recently? I legitimately don't know am too lazy to look it up. I figure there are a few on here that would know off-hand.

Have there been lottery pics from college that have not made the NCAA tourney recently? I legitimately don't know am too lazy to look it up. I figure there are a few on here that would know off-hand.
Ben Simmons at LSU

Great listen you can tell Tad is hyped about this years team. Truly doesn’t leave out any vet on the team and is complementary to all of them. Keeps hyping Tristan’s off-season unlike I’ve ever heard him do with any player before. Kinda hints he wishes they stayed in the PAC but gets the big picture.

SIAP but when can we expect the schedule release

Have NO inside info, but looking at cubuffs.com articles before last season (https://cubuffs.com/sports/mens-basketball/archives?season=2022&path=mbball&page=2), looks like the main schedule related releases were:
  • 8/4 - "Colorado Releases 2022-23 Nonconference Schedule"
  • 8/15 - "Pac-12 Announces Men’s Basketball Weekly Pairings"
  • 9/15 - "Pac-12 Announces Remaining Conference Dates" and
  • 9/29 - "Pac-12 Announces Men’s Basketball Times. Television".

Back