What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Official 2023-24 MBB Season Thread

Crazy you went this whole post without mentioning the #1 recruit in the nation (or, whatever, the McDonald's All American) that's on the national team.

This roster is far from perfect but assuming the shooting slump was even a half slump + Williams and things get exciting.
Trying not to overhype him, but several points reference and probably hinge on him.

Presumably. Rumor is that the following season the P12 will be on Alibaba Sports Stream with days and times optimized for Asian markets.
I just wish we didn't follow the same schedule as the WCC as I'd love to get season tickets for USF (the campus is like a 5 minute walk) but I want to watch the buffs play live.

I support every CU athlete, and I'm going to pull hard for Mr Diop. How rare, a young man who comes to college really wanting an education:

“They’d been tracking me since my freshman year,” Diop said. “Coach Rohn, every time he reached me he’d be talking about class. I really like what I’m doing in class. I like basketball, don’t get me wrong. But class is something I take pride in. Of all the colleges that recruited me, CU was the best that just talked about the classroom and doing the work there. I feel there’s more to my success than just basketball.”

Don't know if there's any real new news in it, but Buffzone/ Pat Rooney with an article on next season's non-conference schedule -

Direct link to article - https://www.buffzone.com/2023/06/11...nce-schedule-shaping-up-for-2023-24-cu-buffs/

Sooooo......Let me see if I can summarize what I just read.

MTE-Sunshine Slam. One home game against what I would assume to be a guarantee type of opponent. Possible tournament games against Florida State (9-23 last year), UNLV (19-13), and Richmond (15-18).

Road games-at CSU, who went 15-18 last year.

Home games-guarantees against Iona, Towson, and Pepperdine.

Conclusion: This schedule needs more meat on it. If the biggest name we're guaranteed to play is CSU.......that's a problem.

Today is the 3rd game of the U19 tourney. Not much more on the Net, than on Allbuffs. Couldn't find box scores or decent summaries.

Game today at 7 a.m. You tube

Today is the 3rd game of the U19 tourney. Not much more on the Net, than on Allbuffs. Couldn't find box scores or decent summaries.

Game today at 7 a.m. You tube
Game is live , free on YouTube. Half-time blowout by US. Only saw a few minutes - Williams looked good, but weak competition

MTE-Sunshine Slam. One home game against what I would assume to be a guarantee type of opponent. Possible tournament games against Florida State (9-23 last year), UNLV (19-13), and Richmond (15-18).

Conclusion: This schedule needs more meat on it. If the biggest name we're guaranteed to play is CSU.......that's a problem.
I'm expecting them to add a high-profile neutral. We have Miami on a neutral court, as well. Won't help the home slate, but it will help the NET. The challenge continues to be that *no one* wants to play us in Boulder, certainly no one in Q1 or 2. Few want to play us at all.

Yes, we did get screwed by CSU getting their NET barely above that threshold a few years back. Sucks, but it is what it is.

Next year's MTE will be better, so I don't begrudge a smaller one this year, plus it comes with an NIL cash infusion.

Don't forget hated rival Grambling.

Edit: forgot the game against Miami in Brooklyn already leaked:

Last edited:

Honestly, the mid majors on the schedule are typically very solid - Richmond, Iona and Towson. FSU will bounce back a bit this year and UNLV should be pretty good. CSU will be okay. Our biggest issue will likely be getting to 20 wins. With the resurgent respect for the PAC12, if we win any 20 games we'll be dancing.

Game is live , free on YouTube. Half-time blowout by US. Only saw a few minutes - Williams looked good, but weak competition
The guy doing the "commentary" makes me want to plunge knives in my ears.

Cody is very talented, but he is not a 1 and done guy.
He may actually be a more 2-3 year guy like his brother that continues to develop the older he gets.
We can build around him and KJ for a nice 2-year run

Cody is very talented, but he is not a 1 and done guy.
He may actually be a more 2-3 year guy like his brother that continues to develop the older he gets.
We can build around him and KJ for a nice 2-year run
12 of the top 14 recruits in 2022 were drafted in the 23 draft. The two that weren't both decided to stay but were projected to get drafted in Fillopski and Mitchell. Age, talent, and reputation matter regardless of freshman stats.

^it was similar in 21 as well. He won't be around long and that's still great!

12 of the top 14 recruits in 2022 were drafted in the 23 draft. The two that weren't both decided to stay but were projected to get drafted in Fillopski and Mitchell. Age, talent, and reputation matter regardless of freshman stats.

^it was similar in 21 as well. He won't be around long and that's still great!
He's here for 2 years either way.

He's here for 2 years either way.
I was following the hype and the projections, but I think he is a 2-year guy at the least, and I think he will be a guy that even once drafted say in '25 will come back and get his degree.

This year is looking more and more exciting

I'm sure his older brother had a 4 to 5 year plan at Santa Clara and he blew up and left after 3. Hard to turn down being a lottery pick much less a top 5 pick. One thing is the family isn't hurting for money.
His brother Jalen was on a talk show during the NBA Finals and he was so intelligent and eloquent with his thoughts and presentation. The young man has a bright bright future on and off the court.

I'm expecting them to add a high-profile neutral. We have Miami on a neutral court, as well. Won't help the home slate, but it will help the NET. The challenge continues to be that *no one* wants to play us in Boulder, certainly no one in Q1 or 2. Few want to play us at all.

Yes, we did get screwed by CSU getting their NET barely above that threshold a few years back. Sucks, but it is what it is.

Next year's MTE will be better, so I don't begrudge a smaller one this year, plus it comes with an NIL cash infusion.

Don't forget hated rival Grambling.

Edit: forgot the game against Miami in Brooklyn already leaked:

Didn't even know about!

I wish CSU would have epically tanked. I'm at the point where I hate playing little brother in anything.

Back