What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Official 2023-24 MBB Season Thread

Pitt just won at Duke, 11 days after losing to Duke at home by 22.

Pitt has a big black dude named Federiko Federiko that I wouldn’t have guessed where he’s from if you gave me 100 guesses. He’s from Finland.
Between the name and the curveball on nationality v appearance, I think I've got a new guy to cheer for.

trying not to get too bummed about it, but this was (and still could be) our season to get a Pac-12 title. we've already burned all our bad loss cards so it's time to go on an absolute tear

hopefully the first four out bubble reports will piss this team off

imo: TdS has mostly struggled, when he is told he's our leader, our savior, the guy who has to get it done. Some guys, like KJ, thrive in that role. Some think too much.

Cody is playing at about 90% of his level and improving each game. Eddie had stepped up big time. KJ is KJ.
If TdS can realize the pressure is off him and play loose, I think the Buffs have the ability to kick ass, through the tourney.

Lunardi has us in his first 4 out and Oregon in his last 4 in, which is a bit annoying after we demolished them and the fact that their non conference schedule was weak compared to ours. And obviously beating them in Oregon would be huge for our tourney chances.

But it's definitely encouraging because it shows we're not out of it and that if we finish the season strong it's very likely we'll get a bid, especially if we get some leniancy due to the ridiculous injuries we sustained.

We're almost in the top 30 of NET. Anyone that doesn't have Colorado comfortably in is brain dead.
Lunardi has us in his first 4 out and Oregon in his last 4 in, which is a bit annoying after we demolished them and the fact that their non conference schedule was weak compared to ours. And obviously beating them in Oregon would be huge for our tourney chances.

But it's definitely encouraging because it shows we're not out of it and that if we finish the season strong it's very likely we'll get a bid, especially if we get some leniancy due to the ridiculous injuries we sustained.

google not immediately helping, but anyone know historically what the highest NET ranking to miss the tourney is?

No Q1 wins and 7 Q4 games/wins.

It's not a great resume.

I'd say that we're positioned well on the computer ranks, have work to do, and control our own destiny without having to do something outrageous in order to Dance.
I think Tad needs to light an absolute firestorm under this team down the stretch. If it were me I'd hammer into them that they need to go 9-3 the rest of the way in the reg. season to even have a shot. My fear is them thinking they can simply hold serve at home and what happens happens on the road and they'll get in.

Driving to a #2 or #3 seed in the conference tourney should be the expectation at this point.

I think Tad needs to light an absolute firestorm under this team down the stretch. If it were me I'd hammer into them that they need to go 9-3 the rest of the way in the reg. season to even have a shot. My fear is them thinking they can simply hold serve at home and what happens happens on the road and they'll get in.

Driving to a #2 or #3 seed in the conference tourney should be the expectation at this point.

The success of Tad's teams always boils down to the toughness of the players. With the talent on this team, we should win half our conference road games and all our home games. I still believe, but lay a couple of eggs in the next three and that belief goes out the window like a friend of Putin.

The success of Tad's teams always boils down to the toughness of the players. With the talent on this team, we should win half our conference road games and all our home games. I still believe, but lay a couple of eggs in the next three and that belief goes out the window like a friend of Putin.
Agreed. Honestly, I think it all lays at the feet of TDS and Hammond. The rest of the team have seemed to found their roles and their groove. If those two can avoid going wonky at times down the stretch we should be fine.

Agreed. Honestly, I think it all lays at the feet of TDS and Hammond. The rest of the team have seemed to found their roles and their groove. If those two can avoid going wonky at times down the stretch we should be fine.

I think it's all dependent on defense in the waning minutes. KJ, TDS, and Cody can each get good shots when needed, it's the stops that we need.

Last edited:
The Pac does not look good looking at it from the outside. We’d better finish in the top 2, 3 max and hope some outlier doesn’t win the tournament.

Sorry, we aren't beating AZ at home. That team is a horrible matchup.

We need to come out extremely physical in that game and if the refs are on our side we can win
If we play soft and have another bad whistle we get killed
When was the last time we had "the refs on our side"? Especially against the league's darling team?

Sorry, we aren't beating AZ at home. That team is a horrible matchup.
Fully healthy, in our gym? No, it's not *that* bad. They're a good team, and Ballo is a problem, but our top-7, if fully healthy, causes them some issues, as well. For example: Cody Williams.

I watched the 2nd half. OSU down 10 to start. Pope was VERY impressive, 31 pts, hit several ridiculous step back 3s including the buzzer beater. KJ held him to 10 on 3/11 shots! Az tried Boswell, Larsen, Love on him to no avail. Ballo was not much of a factor.
OSU played a zone and Az was horrible from 3, OSU was 12/20, was the difference.

Who the fvck is #32 from UDub? He's like young Bill Walton, Grizzly Adams at the same damn time.
Honestly, I love that dude's look. The glasses, the beard, everything! You don't see too many mountain men on the court. Didn't play that great, but looked totally cool.
Animated GIF

I watched the 2nd half. OSU down 10 to start. Pope was VERY impressive, 31 pts, hit several ridiculous step back 3s including the buzzer beater. KJ held him to 10 on 3/11 shots! Az tried Boswell, Larsen, Love on him to no avail. Ballo was not much of a factor.
OSU played a zone and Az was horrible from 3, OSU was 12/20, was the difference.
What is this "zone" that you speak of? Is it a legal form of defense?

Sounds a little too new fangled for Tad to consider.

What is this "zone" that you speak of? Is it a legal form of defense?

Sounds a little too new fangled for Tad to consider.
Or just maybe it's a dead defense that teams only employ when they are severely outgunned and have little hope. And only then in very rare cases. Athletes are too good at the high levels these days.

The zone defense was put on life support in the early 00's.

Or just maybe it's a dead defense that teams only employ when they are severely outgunned and have little hope. And only then in very rare cases. Athletes are too good at the high levels these days.

The zone defense was put on life support in the early 00's.
Nm

Back