What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Official Best Locations to Receive “Go Buffs” Yells

Ah nice thread never noticed it. I was just thinking about this recently, oddly. I'd say I average 3 a day walking around NYC if I have stuff on. Good weather if I'm in Central Park, maybe ten. The other day two fratty looking young fellers yelled it at me but I couldn't tell if it was mocking or not. The most common place is around the Dakota area. When I'm in my own world and all of a sudden someone screams it at me, seemingly out of nowhere; once in awhile it briefly scares the **** out of me 😀

I think this qualifies, but it’s not exactly a “Go Buffs”. I’m walking in to King Soopers this afternoon and I have a CU jacket on. A random dude walks up to me and says “Hey! I was at Perkins a few hours ago and Deion Sanders was there!”

I think this qualifies, but it’s not exactly a “Go Buffs”. I’m walking in to King Soopers this afternoon and I have a CU jacket on. A random dude walks up to me and says “Hey! I was at Perkins a few hours ago and Deion Sanders was there!”
Hopefully Tiger Woods wasn’t with him.

I lost my CU hat somewhere in Canada. The closest I can narrow it down is that it is probably in the possession of an AirBnB housekeeper in Winnipeg. Bummer.

I have to order a new one, so I can fish for "Go Buffs" shoutouts here in Montreal. Allez les Bufflones?

Anyway, the Buffs store has a ****ty collection of hats right now. Anyone have a good source for ordering a new one? I had the Nike Dry Fit before, and I loved it.

Whatever happened to the Allbuffs store?

I lost my CU hat somewhere in Canada. The closest I can narrow it down is that it is probably in the possession of an AirBnB housekeeper in Winnipeg. Bummer.

I have to order a new one, so I can fish for "Go Buffs" shoutouts here in Montreal. Allez les Bufflones?

Anyway, the Buffs store has a ****ty collection of hats right now. Anyone have a good source for ordering a new one? I had the Nike Dry Fit before, and I loved it.

https://www.anthonylawrencecollection.com/coloradouniversity - the website of the guy who customizes CP's wardrobe. There is not much CU content there now but it's coming.

https://www.fanatics.com/college/co...+t-23718119+z-912081-3256260637?_ref=m-TOPNAV - a lot of CU gear.

https://shop.cubuffs.com/ - A combo of Nike, Fanatics and other sites CU gear in one place

https://tenthanduni.com/

I think these guys have the best stuff

So what you are saying is that there is 1 decent hat available.
20315483-01-FT-XL.jpg

Thanks for the links. Still not finding what I am looking for. cubuffs.com and fanatics sites are both hot garbage for hat selection. Not crazy about the tenthanduni hats. I just want a black hat with a simple Buffs logo, adjustable and very lightweight.

Got two in Japan last week, one from an obvious American but one from a Japanese shop owner. I was walking around the Shinjuku neighborhood at night and popped into a whiskey bar. One guy behind the bar, he spoke pretty broken English but I discerned that he owned the place and picked CU as his favorite team back in the 80's when he studied in the US.

I was also surrounded by folks in Nebraska gear on my flight home for some reason so I was glad that I picked my CU as my outfit that morning.

Got two in Japan last week, one from an obvious American but one from a Japanese shop owner. I was walking around the Shinjuku neighborhood at night and popped into a whiskey bar. One guy behind the bar, he spoke pretty broken English but I discerned that he owned the place and picked CU as his favorite team back in the 80's when he studied in the US.

I was also surrounded by folks in Nebraska gear on my flight home for some reason so I was glad that I picked my CU as my outfit that morning.
It's good practice to always wear Buffs gear on a flight. I haven't taken a flight in my entire life without CU gear on and that is not an exaggeration lol. Baby clothes were even CU.

Seeing SO much Buffs gear in town, anyone else? I do a decent bike ride every Saturday and Sunday around and through Thornton, Northglenn, Westminster, and Broomfield. Last weekend I said GoBuffs a handful of times and decided I’d wear my Buffs gear yesterday and today. Said or received a GoBuffs a couple dozen times over this weekend. 2 different times, someone was so excited to say it back that they stopped their jog/walk and I stood and chatted with them for a few minutes about the upcoming season. Feels notable as I haven’t seen much Buffs gear the last couple years in this area.

Seeing SO much Buffs gear in town, anyone else? I do a decent bike ride every Saturday and Sunday around and through Thornton, Northglenn, Westminster, and Broomfield. Last weekend I said GoBuffs a handful of times and decided I’d wear my Buffs gear yesterday and today. Said or received a GoBuffs a couple dozen times over this weekend. 2 different times, someone was so excited to say it back that they stopped their jog/walk and I stood and chatted with them for a few minutes about the upcoming season. Feels notable as I haven’t seen much Buffs gear the last couple years in this area.
I notice a lot more younger kids and teens in Buffs gear now, too. That's a very big deal.

Platoro Colorado

I drove down to camp with my parents after the TCU game last weekend. My parents had asked me to pick up firewood along the way. I stopped at the cafe/store in Platoro only to find they were sold out. There were no other options so we were going to be skunked on fires for the trip. As I walked across the parking lot I hear "GO BUFFS!!!!!" and turn to find a few fans in their car. They were an older couple with a cabin just outside of town. We talked about how awesome the game was and generally celebrated. They heard about my firewood issue and invited me to come and get some firewood from their cabin. I asked if they were going to the Nub game and it turns out the guy is Buffalo Phil and told me to come look for him at the game. Very random and super cool.

/cool story bro

1694187823728.jpeg

Platoro Colorado

I drove down to camp with my parents after the TCU game last weekend. My parents had asked me to pick up firewood along the way. I stopped at the cafe/store in Platoro only to find they were sold out. There were no other options so we were going to be skunked on fires for the trip. As I walked across the parking lot I hear "GO BUFFS!!!!!" and turn to find a few fans in their car. They were an older couple with a cabin just outside of town. We talked about how awesome the game was and generally celebrated. They heard about my firewood issue and invited me to come and get some firewood from their cabin. I asked if they were going to the Nub game and it turns out the guy is Buffalo Phil and told me to come look for him at the game. Very random and super cool.

/cool story bro

View attachment 64425

Damn, Buffalo Phil gonna have to leave at 2:00 a.m. to make the game.

Thanks for the links. Still not finding what I am looking for. cubuffs.com and fanatics sites are both hot garbage for hat selection. Not crazy about the tenthanduni hats. I just want a black hat with a simple Buffs logo, adjustable and very lightweight.
I've been checking for over a year now for pro-back hat and haven't found anything. I also have a big dome (7 5/8). Shockingly New Era just came out with a new hat for the first time in like a decade (https://www.neweracap.com/collectio...&filter.p.m.my_fields.team=Colorado+Buffaloes). I think its only a matter of time now before there's a much larger selection.

I've been checking for over a year now for pro-back hat and haven't found anything. I also have a big dome (7 5/8). Shockingly New Era just came out with a new hat for the first time in like a decade (https://www.neweracap.com/collectio...&filter.p.m.my_fields.team=Colorado+Buffaloes). I think its only a matter of time now before there's a much larger selection.
It seems like aside from the P21ME, “We Comin” and “I ain’t 2 hard 2 find” stuff…there hasn’t been much in the way of Buffs fan gear since 2021…and much of it has been well picked over. All these hats that the coaches are wearing, etc. no where to be found! I have a difficult time finding hats (size 7 3/4-8 hat), so the Tenth and Uni stuff may be a total dice roll since I’ve had to put back adjustable OSFM hats on the shelf in the past. The New Era stuff is okay. Nike Drifit aero bill have been the best.

I wonder if Nike and CP are launching the line with P21ME x CU Buffs gear during conference play and the DT shoes? It just seems strange to not have much in the way of gear for the hottest sports team in the US…

It seems like aside from the P21ME, “We Comin” and “I ain’t 2 hard 2 find” stuff…there hasn’t been much in the way of Buffs fan gear since 2021…and much of it has been well picked over. All these hats that the coaches are wearing, etc. no where to be found! I have a difficult time finding hats (size 7 3/4-8 hat), so the Tenth and Uni stuff may be a total dice roll since I’ve had to put back adjustable OSFM hats on the shelf in the past. The New Era stuff is okay. Nike Drifit aero bill have been the best.

I wonder if Nike and CP are launching the line with P21ME x CU Buffs gear during conference play and the DT shoes? It just seems strange to not have much in the way of gear for the hottest sports team in the US…
Definitely frustrating. It seems like with the Nike hats as soon as I see them show up in the store they already don't have my size. I thought I remember hearing somewhere awhile back that some team gear gets allocated to athletes and people in the athletic department first (especially stuff you see the team/coaches wearing), then the rest goes to the store and may explain why there's usually smaller sizes and very limited quantity with some stuff that isn't standard. This is also why I was surprised that the Nike Pegasus CU shoe had pretty much every size when they came out last month. I think they're starting to increase production on CU gear but it takes time for it go from order to production to shelf. I think that's also why New Era has only the 1 hat currently (which I agree, isn't great). But if we maintain this trajectory I think in a couple of more months (hopefully before March) New Era comes out with the 59fifty fitted hat for CU that you see with other big national brands.

Definitely frustrating. It seems like with the Nike hats as soon as I see them show up in the store they already don't have my size. I thought I remember hearing somewhere awhile back that some team gear gets allocated to athletes and people in the athletic department first (especially stuff you see the team/coaches wearing), then the rest goes to the store and may explain why there's usually smaller sizes and very limited quantity with some stuff that isn't standard. This is also why I was surprised that the Nike Pegasus CU shoe had pretty much every size when they came out last month. I think they're starting to increase production on CU gear but it takes time for it go from order to production to shelf. I think that's also why New Era has only the 1 hat currently (which I agree, isn't great). But if we maintain this trajectory I think in a couple of more months (hopefully before March) New Era comes out with the 59fifty fitted hat for CU that you see with other big national brands.
That makes sense. I got a 59fifty Buffs hat in 2018, and I don’t think I saw them restocked again after selling out shortly after. It has a tiny Ralphie logo compared to my Nike hats, which was kind of a brief letdown.

I hope that there is a big push to get stuff stocked soon. For years, I’ve seen other schools with different Nike branded stuff that never got a CU release. Given the length of the partnership, I was a little ticked. Now, I hope that CU reverses the tables and the AD and fans get some good quasi-exclusive stuff in the next few months.

Riding my bike home on Friday, Lief Erikson trail in Portland with my old CU cycling jersey on. Hiker coming down gives me a “yeah Buffs!”

Sad part is that my brain simply isn’t fast enough to register and respond. I went by him with a head nod and that’s all.

Back