What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Official Buffs @ Oregon Game Thread

This is the first time I’ve seen players quit/lose their temper this year. Disappointing to say the least

I don't think that playing backups in a game like this one has much value from an evaluation standpoint.

It is Though impossible to simulate game speed in practice. Even in a blowout there is value to guys simply getting on the field, getting the play, lining up, and facing some guys in different jerseys is valuable.

:LOL: :LOL: :LOL:
There aren’t two camps. There’s the realistic camp, and then there is you I guess. But 99% of fans would want to get reps to the guy that potentially could run the offense the following year when the fame is over.
I think there are others who agree with me, so far from the 99% you just pulled out of your ass. And apparently Mel Tucker is one of them. I am simply stating my opinion and for some reason you feel the need to gang up and talk down to me.

Oregon is such a cocky and over confident team.

Go win a big game against a non Pac12 team for once and maybe you can act like you're great ****.

I can't wait to get our talent and depth built up and we can come back and smack these bitches in the mouth!

Qb such a big part of how you’re team does. We ha ent had a good one since forever and that’s why we’re in the doldrums.

qb aside, still like our fight. We’re so youngat DB, but wrs/rbs have some talent, the lines are actually not getting pushed around and look like bcs caliber players.

just need something under center the players and fans can believe in. Montez has rarely been the guy.

I think there are others who agree with me, so far from the 99% you just pulled out of your ass. And apparently Mel Tucker is one of them. I am simply stating my opinion and for some reason you feel the need to gang up and talk down to me.
I’m not talking down to you, I just don’t understand why you think getting the backup QB isn’t important when Montez graduates this year. I respect the fact that your opinion is to leave him in all game, but I’m going to disagree when the game is clearly over and you need to see what you have so the staff can make a decision on whether or not a grad transfer is a near necessity.

I apologize if it seemed like I was condescending, my frustration is with this team, specifically the defense, not you.

I never said you shouldn’t pull Montez, just not in the beginning of the third quarter when we still conceivably could come back. Game is over, so sure throw in Lytle for garbage time.

It is not talking down so much as stating the obvious: there is no substitute for game action. When a game is out of hand, you have to make the most of it to develop backups. Lytle has like five snaps through six games. Do you think that helps his development much?

I’m not talking down to you, I just don’t understand why you think getting the backup QB isn’t important when Montez graduates this year. I respect the fact that your opinion is to leave him in all game, but I’m going to disagree when the game is clearly over and you need to see what you have so the staff can make a decision on whether or not a grad transfer is a near necessity
I guess I would disagree that the game was clearly over when half this thread was clamoring him for him to be pulled. To me that is such a knee jerk fan base reaction.

I guess I would disagree that the game was clearly over when half this thread was clamoring him for him to be pulled. To me that is such a knee jerk fan base reaction.
That’s fair. Personally, I just didn’t see any offensive production and that starts and ends with the quarterback.

Back