What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Official Buffs vs. Stanford Game Thread

I'm so tired of seeing Montez lock onto a receiver. He has no ability to work through his progressions. He has zero ability to look-off defenders.

Our offensive play calling is so ****ing vanilla and predictable. Flipping back and forth to LSU-Alabama and it’s so much more interesting to watch. Obviously the athletes are far better but the offensive schemes are so much more complex too.

Now is the time to stomp on the neck a little, they look like their spirits could be broken.

Let them make plays and score and **** on this drive, they get a second wind and beat us. Come on D, send em a message!

Stanford gets plus yardage every play. But just as I type that we get a sack.

#1 Mangram plaiying today? We need to grind out a TD. (or get one with a quick pass)

We seem to have a decent offensive line. Some good RBs. Lots of WR depth... Why isn't our offense any good? :unsure:
We have some good offensive linemen, overall our OL is well below average. We can't consistently move the LOS in the running game leaving us in too many obvious passing situations. That same line is getting better than in past years at the tackles but we don't do well against the interior rush.

WR is deep and solid but we mostly get nothing out of the TE spot. RBs are better than I expected but we have too many running plays that don't keep us on schedule.

Top it all off with a QB who is talented but who doesn't make good decisions. Part of it is simply that he doesn't seem to work hard enough at being a good QB but part of it is the coaching he got before this season. His predecessor Sefo was a guy who worked his butt off and still made a lot of the same kind of mistakes. Both of them are bad at reading the short zones, bad at coming off the primary receiver and telegraphing passes.

Montez has gotten worse every year on the deep ball. Way over thrown 90% of the time. He’s absolutely regressed in nearly every facet. His frame and arm strength will get him into an NFL camp, but he’s just not a good QB.

I would call run on 1st down, pretty much 90% of the time.
Montez-O-Meter right now at about a 5.5 out of 10

Back