What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Official Buffs vs. Stanford Game Thread

We have some good offensive linemen, overall our OL is well below average. We can't consistently move the LOS in the running game leaving us in too many obvious passing situations. That same line is getting better than in past years at the tackles but we don't do well against the interior rush.

WR is deep and solid but we mostly get nothing out of the TE spot. RBs are better than I expected but we have too many running plays that don't keep us on schedule.

Top it all off with a QB who is talented but who doesn't make good decisions. Part of it is simply that he doesn't seem to work hard enough at being a good QB but part of it is the coaching he got before this season. His predecessor Sefo was a guy who worked his butt off and still made a lot of the same kind of mistakes. Both of them are bad at reading the short zones, bad at coming off the primary receiver and telegraphing passes.

Respect the in depth breakdown but my post was a joke about how Montez was the weak link.

Couldn’t rely on a worse qb to get a fourth quarter touchdown.

All the recruits are 4 rows away from me. They haven’t stood or had anything to cheer for all day, Rice looks like he’s going to fall asleep.

they finally all stood up on that 3rd and 16 and that happens lol. Come on Buffs give us something to cheer about!

Think HCMT goes after a transfer QB next season?
I love how this board thinks that there is going to be a giant list of transfer QBs out there just lining up to come to a school that hasn't won anything in years and has at best an unproven OL.

The transfer QBs we want will have much better options. They go to Oklahoma or Auburn.

Yes there are some successful transfers but overall it isn't a magic solution and we need to do much better than pin our hopes on some magic savior that rarely happens.

https://fivethirtyeight.com/feature...age-but-do-they-deliver-at-their-new-schools/

We’ve had chances to separate ourselves but allowed them to stay within a score. This is what happens when you do that. This team couldn’t squash a slug.

This should be the offense at all times with SM
RUN or single choice PASSES
No reading defenses

Also, Fontenot deserves 20 touches

I’ve been overly critical (as has been pointed out many times), but have steered clear of jumping on Montez the last couple years becauee I knew he was our best (only) option.

But he is absolutely a liability for this team now. Cannot read a defense to save his life. No matter who we end up with next year, we’ll be in a better place.

Back