What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Official Construction Update Thread

Sacky, I haven't seen that bridge you are talking about on any drawing, rendering, or concept art. I have no idea what you are talking about.

I have not seen one either, but before the season started I was at a event in club level and they talked about the new sections and said that there was going to be direct access from club level to the new section & party deck.

I have not seen one either, but before the season started I was at a event in club level and they talked about the new sections and said that there was going to be direct access from club level to the new section & party deck.

Beer garden area is already there per Champions club. Just no beer or club yet. I have faith. :lol:

practice bubble going up, so awesome we will not be needing that for scholarship sports very much longer. hope we can get sound system and fixing up folsom (rust etc.) in a phase 1.5 fairly soon. obviously balch/pressbox/west side will be a much bigger ticket future plan.

practice bubble going up, so awesome we will not be needing that for scholarship sports very much longer. hope we can get sound system and fixing up folsom (rust etc.) in a phase 1.5 fairly soon. obviously balch/pressbox/west side will be a much bigger ticket future plan.

Spent a good bit of time in the west side boxes last weekend.

It is embarrassing. The university should be ashamed that they have let those boxes get into such a dilapidated state. That is the first impression we give to reporters, sports writers, and tv crews and it is bad. Not to mention how old and uncomfortable the seating is in the west side "suites" 12in CRT TV's that are at least 15 years old and speakers that I don't even think work anymore... If you spend some time really looking at the stadium, it needs a lot of help.

Spent a good bit of time in the west side boxes last weekend.

It is embarrassing. The university should be ashamed that they have let those boxes get into such a dilapidated state. That is the first impression we give to reporters, sports writers, and tv crews and it is bad. Not to mention how old and uncomfortable the seating is in the west side "suites" 12in CRT TV's that are at least 15 years old and speakers that I don't even think work anymore... If you spend some time really looking at the stadium, it needs a lot of help.

There is a ton that can't be fixed until much more $ is available, especially the west side boxes. But there is so much that they could fix fairly inexpensive. Paint is cheap. I would totally volunteer and I bet they could get enough volunteers in the spring to repaint the concrete walls and many of the public areas.

There is a ton that can't be fixed until much more $ is available, especially the west side boxes. But there is so much that they could fix fairly inexpensive. Paint is cheap. I would totally volunteer and I bet they could get enough volunteers in the spring to repaint the concrete walls and many of the public areas.

Paint is probably the easiest fix that would really freshen up the stadium. Next would be replacing the metal signage. I was just pointing out how much work we have to do yet. Folsom needs some help.

Stole this from SD Buff and the Rivals board.

Concrete for the 2nd level went in today:

B0f6iXjCUAAvM2s.jpg:large

Paint is probably the easiest fix that would really freshen up the stadium. Next would be replacing the metal signage. I was just pointing out how much work we have to do yet. Folsom needs some help.

I was wondering about how difficult it would be for RG to go to a local vendor and set up a list of what signs are needed. Then, as a fan, I could go to that vendor and just order a sign off the list; I can't imagine it would cost very much for new signs.

I was wondering about how difficult it would be for RG to go to a local vendor and set up a list of what signs are needed. Then, as a fan, I could go to that vendor and just order a sign off the list; I can't imagine it would cost very much for new signs.

They are just painted sheet steel and a few bolts. The difficult and more expensive part comes with the sign supports and whether those have rusted out as well. However I personally would not only go buy the sign, but I would install it as well. Would be kind of a cool way to involve the fan base and also give the community a sense of ownership with the stadium and team.

Signage is more technical than you might think. At least for us it is. We have sign standards and specs. We regulate colors, size of signs, wording, letter height, etc. You don't just go buy a bunch of signs, :lol:

Signage is more technical than you might think. At least for us it is. We have sign standards and specs. We regulate colors, size of signs, wording, letter height, etc. You don't just go buy a bunch of signs, :lol:

Say the AD placed an order on signage to meet their standards and had fans volunteer to go purchase them and install them. Whatever was left over the AD foots the bill for. I bet they would all be gone. $20-25 a sign I would think. They are just painted sheet steel at folsom.

Although it would be cool to ask that football alumni with the landscaping company to donate sandstone signage like they have down at the practice field.

Say the AD placed an order on signage to meet their standards and had fans volunteer to go purchase them and install them. Whatever was left over the AD foots the bill for. I bet they would all be gone. $20-25 a sign I would think. They are just painted sheet steel at folsom.

Although it would be cool to ask that football alumni with the landscaping company to donate sandstone signage like they have down at the practice field.

They'd never let you install them, there are safety concerns that they're not insured for if you do it, yours and others'.

yea, I caught that too. Party deck connects to club level. I'm gonna have to kill someone to get up there.

Going to be going up above the seats very soon. They are making a lot of progress while the team has been away from campus for three weeks.
On the Folsom Field cam, you can see their heads as they walk on the form deck. Cool.

Several of you on the AllBuffs board have generously suggested you may be willing to lend a hand, paint some signs, and perhaps help perk up Folsom. In the course of a conversation with Kurt Gulbrand (CU Associate Athletic Director) I mentioned the spirit of potential interests from some (perhaps many) on AllBuffs willing to help push things along with "sweat equity". Roll up our sleeves if you will.

Kurt was extremely appreciative that folks would even consider such a gesture! As it relates to painting the stadium, signage, or perking up Folsom, he suggested that literally all of these concerns are going to be done professionally prior to next season as the "finishing touches" post construction currently underway. Kurt was however very interested in increasing the dialogue and investigating the potential to work together.

He would love to have direct conversation with either the board as a group, or any individuals that would like to get together and investigate this potential. He even offered to host a lunch and improve the channels with the board. Perhaps Mods or some of the long timers per the board can ponder what to do with this opportunity? At a minimum, we can likely arrange a great tour of the facilities as completed. Maybe you guys have done something like this in the past? Happy to help facilitate in any way I can. Kurt is happy to have me post his contact info but perhaps we should co-ordinate a response to him if there is sufficient interest from the board as a group.

Egg

Oh, BTW, mentioned the camera yet again. He says he is getting lots of request per the camera and will put a shoulder into it :lol:

Several of you on the AllBuffs board have generously suggested you may be willing to lend a hand, paint some signs, and perhaps help perk up Folsom. In the course of a conversation with Kurt Gulbrand (CU Associate Athletic Director) I mentioned the spirit of potential interests from some (perhaps many) on AllBuffs willing to help push things along with "sweat equity". Roll up our sleeves if you will.

Kurt was extremely appreciative that folks would even consider such a gesture! As it relates to painting the stadium, signage, or perking up Folsom, he suggested that literally all of these concerns are going to be done professionally prior to next season as the "finishing touches" post construction currently underway. Kurt was however very interested in increasing the dialogue and investigating the potential to work together.

He would love to have direct conversation with either the board as a group, or any individuals that would like to get together and investigate this potential. He even offered to host a lunch and improve the channels with the board. Perhaps Mods or some of the long timers per the board can ponder what to do with this opportunity? At a minimum, we can likely arrange a great tour of the facilities as completed. Maybe you guys have done something like this in the past? Happy to help facilitate in any way I can. Kurt is happy to have me post his contact info but perhaps we should co-ordinate a response to him if there is sufficient interest from the board as a group.

Egg

Oh, BTW, mentioned the camera yet again. He says he is getting lots of request per the camera and will put a shoulder into it :lol:

Obviously, the Junta is interested. Hopefully there's a way we can help in some small ways.

Back