What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Official Construction Update Thread

Several of you on the AllBuffs board have generously suggested you may be willing to lend a hand, paint some signs, and perhaps help perk up Folsom. In the course of a conversation with Kurt Gulbrand (CU Associate Athletic Director) I mentioned the spirit of potential interests from some (perhaps many) on AllBuffs willing to help push things along with "sweat equity". Roll up our sleeves if you will.

Kurt was extremely appreciative that folks would even consider such a gesture! As it relates to painting the stadium, signage, or perking up Folsom, he suggested that literally all of these concerns are going to be done professionally prior to next season as the "finishing touches" post construction currently underway. Kurt was however very interested in increasing the dialogue and investigating the potential to work together.

He would love to have direct conversation with either the board as a group, or any individuals that would like to get together and investigate this potential. He even offered to host a lunch and improve the channels with the board. Perhaps Mods or some of the long timers per the board can ponder what to do with this opportunity? At a minimum, we can likely arrange a great tour of the facilities as completed. Maybe you guys have done something like this in the past? Happy to help facilitate in any way I can. Kurt is happy to have me post his contact info but perhaps we should co-ordinate a response to him if there is sufficient interest from the board as a group.

Egg

Oh, BTW, mentioned the camera yet again. He says he is getting lots of request per the camera and will put a shoulder into it :lol:

This is a great, great, great idea in general. Perhaps there is some way to engage the students in this manner? If there is some way for people to have an active hand in the building of Folsom, it's a way to create a strong tie between the people and the place that will keep them coming back.

I'm in. I would love to do something, plus involve my girls so they can start to get the sense that CU is 'their school' since they have helped build it (in some small way).

Kurt was however very interested in increasing the dialogue and investigating the potential to work together.

He would love to have direct conversation with either the board as a group, or any individuals that would like to get together and investigate this potential. He even offered to host a lunch and improve the channels with the board. Perhaps Mods or some of the long timers per the board can ponder what to do with this opportunity? At a minimum, we can likely arrange a great tour of the facilities as completed. Maybe you guys have done something like this in the past? Happy to help facilitate in any way I can. Kurt is happy to have me post his contact info but perhaps we should co-ordinate a response to him if there is sufficient interest from the board as a group.

I got $10 that says this entire idea gets nixed once Plati gets wind of it.

Love the idea. I'm just spitballing here. To add to the atmosphere, how about a dunk booth featuring Phil DiSefano, Toby Neinas, and Kent Baer?

He said, "lunch", not "hookers and blow".

What does Plati have to do with this? This isn't anything to do with his role.

Plati thinks we are all Internet scum. Whether it has anything to do with his role or not is irrelevant.

e6c6b24a2b07428b855772e8012738aa.jpg
bceb2a3192cff223aceb0b9b67c64d58.jpg
e4edd8c60957b5ecd7d58ce1254b1048.jpg
a44a522db08ae9fa5049370d1723c4c1.jpg
3b720d73a9c54ae2d4ace9f07db7d6c8.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Does anybody know if the ski team will get to move it's offices into the new facility? For a top ranked program, the ski team has pathetic facilities. I mean, they're really bad.

Does anybody know if the ski team will get to move it's offices into the new facility? For a top ranked program, the ski team has pathetic facilities. I mean, they're really bad.
my understanding is that the football team gets the new facilities, and all the other programs get a renovated dal ward.

Also, they are really starting to move up above the new seats now, and the facility itself now extends well into the 2d camera angle. Looks like they are going to have to move the crane?

Last edited:
1073e21d21eb19a0a72e39e29c9df73c.jpg
damn they've made a lot of progress!

usually these renderings don't bother me, but we have guys wearing four different uniforms, no defense and the guys look like they are going the wrong way. Just leave the players out so it doesn't look so goofy.

They are putting together a kick ass renderings package for the official visits coming up. Really hope they make them available to us online.

From phone

my understanding is that the football team gets the new facilities, and all the other programs get a renovated dal ward.

Also, they are really starting to move up above the new seats now, and the facility itself now extends well into the 2d camera angle. Looks like they are going to have to move the crane?

I'm assuming "all the other programs" doesn't include the basketball or volleyball teams, which have their offices in the CEC.

I'm glad to hear that the ski team will get some new digs, though. They really deserve it. Same for Track and CC. Elite national programs shouldn't be run out of a steel shack.

DBT is definitely pointing and swearing at a ref.
Those bleachers gave me a splinter in my ass in that 33-0 win over Mines back in '36. It was a cool, blustery day. About 49 with occasional drizzle. As I tried to scoot closer to my honey bun, Thelma Lou, I got a big assed splinter in my butt. Damned wooden bleachers.

Back