What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Official Construction Update Thread

do you guys think they should move the visitors section? I think the seats are way too good for them. Move them in some upper corner not right on the field.

Scoring Summary (Final)
The Automated ScoreBook
Washington vs Colorado (Nov 01, 2014 at Boulder, CO)
Washington (6-3-0,2-3) vs. Colorado (2-7-0,0-6)
Date: Nov 01, 2014 • Site: Boulder, CO • Stadium: Folsom Field • Attendance: 35633

I'm just glad UW had fans there. Without them we would have had a crowd of about 20k.

I like the publicity aspect of visitors getting to watch Ralphie come across and in front of them. They absolutely love it. There is no such thing as bad publicity.

I think we all agree that Balch has to be on the list of items the CUAD needs to look at for the next round of facilities improvements. I sincerely hope that they include Carlson Gym in that plan. There is a ton of potential with that space. There's so much they could do. If they did it right it could be world class.

Basically, all we're working on right now is the North and North East side of the stadium. There is a lot more to the stadium complex than those spots. The entire West side needs to be re-done. Eventually, even the South side (horseshoe) needs to be looked at.

I wonder if we will eventually see the NW corner curved like they just did in the NE with the same type of seating. I like the new NE area but think if there's not a exact match on the NW the final look inside the stadium is going to look strange.

Every stadium I've been to or seen on TV, they put the visiting fans either down by where their team comes out or in one of the corners behind their teams' bench. One exception I've noticed is ND where it looks like they put the visitors in an upper section, but then again ND is "special" :rolling_eyes:

I wonder if we will eventually see the NW corner curved like they just did in the NE with the same type of seating. I like the new NE area but think if there's not a exact match on the NW the final look inside the stadium is going to look strange.

the whole west side needs to be torn down and replaced

Got to tour the entire site today and I took a ton of pictures. I thought I'd share with you guys.

IMG_2043 (1024x768).jpg

IMG_2050 (600x800).jpg

IMG_2053 (1024x768).jpg

IMG_2052 (600x800).jpg

IMG_2065 (1024x768).jpg

IMG_2077 (1024x768).jpg

IMG_2090 (1024x768).jpg

IMG_2093 (1024x768).jpg

IMG_2095 (1024x768).jpg

IMG_2099 (1024x768).jpg

Some notes:
-The steel work for the upper seating area is scheduled to start on December 1st
-The caissons for the IPF are scheduled to start on December 1st
-There is still 40 feet of digging left for the parking garage under the IPF

:gobuffs:

IMG_2060 (1024x768).jpg

Some notes:
-The steel work for the upper seating area is scheduled to start on December 1st
-The caissons for the IPF are scheduled to start on December 1st
-There is still 40 feet of digging left for the parking garage under the IPF

What's this? The party deck?

What's this? The party deck?

Yes sorry, it's the few levels of the NE facility that will be topped by the party deck. The top of the NE seating section is level with the third level of the facility. It will continue up 2 or 3 (anyone know?) more stories with the deck on top. Also, there will be a bridge connecting the third level of the structure to Dal Ward.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I read a story about how the school has a major renovation of Carlson slated for next year. No idea if they are planning to incorporate it into the stadium complex. I hope they do, though.

I read a story about how the school has a major renovation of Carlson slated for next year. No idea if they are planning to incorporate it into the stadium complex. I hope they do, though.

Interesting just read that in the bdc. Sounds like it's 100% academic related however

It can be academic related and still tie in to the stadium complex. I really hope they don't waste this opportunity.

Yes sorry, it's the few levels of the NE facility that will be topped by the party deck. The top of the NE seating section is level with the third level of the facility. It will continue up 2 or 3 (anyone know?) more stories with the deck on top. Also, there will be a bridge connecting the third level of the structure to Dal Ward.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I think it's 5 stories when completed. So two stories above the deck at the NE seating area.

I think it's 5 stories when completed. So two stories above the deck at the NE seating area.

Think its going to be more than that. There is going to be a bridge connecting to the club level of the press box to the rooftop level of the Athletic complex.

Interesting just read that in the bdc. Sounds like it's 100% academic related however

Looks like they're turning it into at least one large classroom:

Carlson Gymnasium: Renovations will result in upgrades to the building’s heating, ventilation and other components and will make the building more accessible to people with disabilities. In addition, the Carlson renovations will add critically needed campus classrooms and support space. This building is well suited since it has one the few spaces on campus that could accommodate a new large (500 seat) classroom. Our faculty have consistently expressed a need for more classrooms of this size.

http://www.colorado.edu/news/featur...boulder-degrees-55-million-renovations-campus

The roof of the parking lot which will be the floor of the IPF is being built with hollow core precast slabs which, I'd imagine, get a concrete topping. I wonder how the field itself will be built? In other words, will some sort of "soft" or resilient system will go on top of the concrete?

The roof of the parking lot which will be the floor of the IPF is being built with hollow core precast slabs which, I'd imagine, get a concrete topping. I wonder how the field itself will be built? In other words, will some sort of "soft" or resilient system will go on top of the concrete?

I vote for baby seal pelts.

I bet they put down compacted sand as a base over the concrete, then a membrane over the sand. The rubber pellets and sport turf then go on top of the membrane.

The startling view to me, and I have heard Nik say this earlier, when you stand at the northern corner of the practice facility hole, and look towards the SE corner...... Just wow. This is one gigantic project to accomplish in total.

Thanks for posting Darth. Great look at progress here....

Really hoping we see new renderings soon. It has been a while since the cusustainable excellence site had an update.

Back